NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mike Gesicki 2020 Outlook

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't come back here until you learn how to spell his name. 

Top 5 TE ROS

What is everyone's thoughts on Gesicki? I am super high on him for the year.  I only saw a few highlights of the Week 1 game and in those highlights were a few really great defensive plays agains

Plugged him in since Hunter Henry was on bye. Bad game flow, Dolphins went up big by half time and had no reason to throw the ball the second half. Two backup TE's on the Dolphins caught touchdowns- Adam Shaheen and Durham Smythe. Never heard of these guys in my life.

Gesicki is a boom or bust streaming option. Sending him to the wires on Tuesday.

5 hours ago, MurderInc said:

Plugged him in since Hunter Henry was on bye. Bad game flow, Dolphins went up big by half time and had no reason to throw the ball the second half. Two backup TE's on the Dolphins caught touchdowns- Adam Shaheen and Durham Smythe. Never heard of these guys in my life.

Gesicki is a boom or bust streaming option. Sending him to the wires on Tuesday.

Game flow? He's been a subject of missing every other game. If he had 50% snap count, he literally needs to be fed targets on the times he's on the field lol. I dropped him last week- I bought him thinking 8-130-1 would be the start of something beautiful. Parker and Williams plus a QB that won't throw for 300 yards every game makes this really erratic and not worth it 

5 hours ago, CABLE87 said:

Well anyone held on?? Tua news makes this very intriguing

Moved on a while ago. It's not like the current offense isn't averaging no yards...Fitz is averaging like 250 yards per game.

It's all about scheme and coaching and talent to get Gesicki the targets he needs. I'd say he's talented (how talented is the question if he can't be a full-time player). Chan Gailey doesn't seem to want to feature the big slot. Maybe Tua is better at his reads and will see if Gesicki has favorable slot matchups.

Tua's a rookie and it's the Rams next week- there's perspective to be had here. 

I think Tua will help Gesicki, and with Parker hurting he has a chance to be a bit more reliable than with Fitz. Tua has better accuracy than Fitz and will likely need a safety valve in the slot which would benefit Gesicki.  I'm screwed at TE so i'll be adding him off the wire when he clears and sitting him on my bench this week to play him next week, he's got more upside than most of the plug TEs out there, and worthwhile to see how him and Tua mesh esp after coming out of the bye.

I believe, but I am not sure, that Tua is not going to be so cavalier with his passes. Fitzpatrick is always one game away from putting up a classic Fitzpatrick 5INT game. I give Flores credit here...getting off the Fitzmagic train before it goes off the tracks. 

I think that Gesicki finally sees some targets go his way with Tua.