Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mike Gesicki 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't come back here until you learn how to spell his name. 

Top 5 TE ROS

What is everyone's thoughts on Gesicki? I am super high on him for the year.  I only saw a few highlights of the Week 1 game and in those highlights were a few really great defensive plays agains

5 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Can't play Gesicki for at least two weeks.  He needs to prove to me that he has a floor of 10 points in two weeks before I even consider putting him in the lineup.  Could be a late season league winner again but that is pure speculation. 

Probably not, but it'd be great if he could reestablish some trust in time for weeks 12 and 13 with juicy matchups vs. the Jets and Bungles.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Can't play Gesicki for at least two weeks.  He needs to prove to me that he has a floor of 10 points in two weeks before I even consider putting him in the lineup.  Could be a late season league winner again but that is pure speculation. 


You know if he puts up a monster week on your bench, you’ll play him the next week and will get an absolute dud, so inconsistent!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, daethfromabove1979 said:


You know if he puts up a monster week on your bench, you’ll play him the next week and will get an absolute dud, so inconsistent!

 

Haha that is how this guy works, isn't it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:


You know if he puts up a monster week on your bench, you’ll play him the next week and will get an absolute dud, so inconsistent!

 

Not if you have Hurst and Fant.  He will just sit there like a very bad boy in timeout.  I am only holding cause it is a keeper league and if he starts to blow up...then I would consider making some trades. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've read about him working with Tua but do they seem to have a good rapport on the field?  I haven't been able to watch any of the games.  When I grabbed him a year ago I expected top 5 TE performance.  I forgot that Miami generally ruins player's with real potential.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

I've read about him working with Tua but do they seem to have a good rapport on the field?  I haven't been able to watch any of the games.  When I grabbed him a year ago I expected top 5 TE performance.  I forgot that Miami generally ruins player's with real potential.

 

Tua is spreading it around a bit. No one has emerged as a favorite for targets. Preston williams was the hot read vs AZ but he got hurt and Tua hit Parker 5 times after that. 

 

Gesiki is rotation with Shaheen and some unknown rookie (Smythe?). I'm not sure Gesiki is developing good chemistry with Tua.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Tua is spreading it around a bit. No one has emerged as a favorite for targets. Preston williams was the hot read vs AZ but he got hurt and Tua hit Parker 5 times after that. 

 

Gesiki is rotation with Shaheen and some unknown rookie (Smythe?). I'm not sure Gesiki is developing good chemistry with Tua.

 

In watching various TE's throughout the league, I fail to understand how Gronk and Kelce are so good while others look just as good on paper but languish in mediocrity.  For Kelce, it didn't really matter who was under center, he still roasted most defenses.  I was sure Gesicki was going to be top 5, especially with Fitz.  Very disapppointing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

That targets just aren't there for this guy. He had that one monster game where he was targeted heavily, but aside from that he's had 6 targets once, and the rest 5 targets or less. That essentially relegates him to that big pool of TEs who mostly suck but you can plug in hoping for a TE.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did Gesicki come back out after the injury?  I saw some Twitter posts that indicated that he did but those posts did not specifically state that he did.  It was a few posts stating things such as "great heart to come back" etc. in reference to him. 

Did he come back to play? 

Edited by nine9s
Link to post
Share on other sites

What are Gesicki owners doing if he plays tomorrow?  Even at like 80%, I feel like you need a bonafied top 10 option to sit him no?

Guy has been rock solid the past mionth

Edited by malta69
Link to post
Share on other sites

Biggest Gesicki supporter here. I just don't know how limited he will be so it's really hard to start him. NE is literally the worst matchup for TEs as well. Throw in the fact that Bill eats rookie QBs for breakfast and you have what we like to call a sh*##y matchup. I'm a huge fins fan too. I'm almost 90% sure I'm going to start Cook over him with MT out and a much better matchup. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, codyodea said:

Biggest Gesicki supporter here. I just don't know how limited he will be so it's really hard to start him. NE is literally the worst matchup for TEs as well. Throw in the fact that Bill eats rookie QBs for breakfast and you have what we like to call a sh*##y matchup. I'm a huge fins fan too. I'm almost 90% sure I'm going to start Cook over him with MT out and a much better matchup. 

 Cook is a good replacement. 
 

My only options are Fant, Kmet, or Irv so I am holding out for more information. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Should he play, the chance of re-injury is astronomical I would think to a TE shoulder? 
 

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, codyodea said:

Miami just elevated WR Ford and TE Myarick from the PS...

Just saw that. Def doesn’t bode well for MG availability and likely Grant? 
 

In other news makes Bowden a slightly more intriguing play 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...