NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miles Sanders 2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Down 2 Linemen and still no change ? Originally with the Brooks injury, I thought not that big a deal. But now..

The Brooks injury did move the needle, for sure. But then they got Peters back.

Dillard has some pedigree, but was overwhelmed pretty badly last year as a rook in spot duty...I have heard good things about how their 4th Rd pick Driscoll has looked in camp and even late rounder Prince Tega Wanogho too. I trust the rest of the guys on the line and the system to get it ironed out in the limited practices left before the season.

• Like 4
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still come back to a few things. This is a player who, after he was drafted, his GM said "We've been looking for a runner like Miles for a few years".  He then went on to have one of the greate

Posted Images

2 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Down 2 Linemen and still no change ? Originally with the Brooks injury, I thought not that big a deal. But now..

I think its pretty alarming because he's not that good of a runner (yet) and a crumbling O-line wont help matters. Plus we're not sure on the extent of his injury.

56 minutes ago, Evincar said:

I think its pretty alarming because he's not that good of a runner (yet) and a crumbling O-line wont help matters. Plus we're not sure on the extent of his injury.

Yeah I’m getting some cold feet about taking him mid first. This line was supposed to be a selling point and now it’s the opposite. Peters is near 40 and injury prone himself. If he goes down Sanders is suddenly running behind one of the worst lines in the entire league. May have to slide Sanders behind guys like Henry, CEH, and maybe a few others. Most people already had him lower but I’ve been really high on him. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Thinkingcap said:

Just a thought on Sanders being a workhorse... Aren't we afraid that 1) Pederson has a history of using multiple backs for 4 years and 2) they made an offer to Freeman??

1) definitely a worry, bit alot of backs split time if it happens

2) freeman doesn't worry me

This guy only took $37 to buy in a 12 team auction for me ($201 budget). My league doesn't know what it's doing in general (work league in Denver, Jerry Jeudy went for $22 lmao), but I think Sanders is really dropping in some places.

On the other hand, in a $250 online league, someone took him 10th overall. So you'd think he knows what he was doing drafting Sanders high.

Both leagues ppr.

19 hours ago, Thinkingcap said:

Just a thought on Sanders being a workhorse... Aren't we afraid that 1) Pederson has a history of using multiple backs for 4 years and 2) they made an offer to Freeman??

1) Pederson has kind of had to use an RBBC he hasn’t had any good 3 down backs. Blount is a grinder, clement is a less than average, Howard is a grinder and got hurt, jay ajayi got hurt. Miles sanders took a bit to come into form last year but once he did he was used heavily. I still believe he cedes touches to Scott or whomever because only CMC gets 95% of the work load. 

2) The injury worries me not freeman stealing touches. As far as I know there hasn’t been any update on the injury besides “lower body issue” if sanders is healthy he will be used and make freeman look old and slow like he is. With a new injury to reagor they will need sanders even more in the passing game as well. 

just my opinion bud It’s still a bit of a shot in the dark until we find out more about this injury.

3 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

NFL Insider Adam Caplan said Eagles RB Miles Sanders is struggling through a hamstring injury, and was spotted Sunday doing "shadow" drills with the team's offense.

I think that Fournette is a possibility for the Eagles and they could also revisit signing Devonta Freeman.

3 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

NFL Insider Adam Caplan said Eagles RB Miles Sanders is struggling through a hamstring injury, and was spotted Sunday doing "shadow" drills with the team's offense.

Worrisome, but seems like plenty of time to heal. I believe Saquan was in the same situation last yr

On 8/27/2020 at 9:50 PM, Gohawks said:

Peters is near 40 and injury prone himself. If he goes down Sanders is suddenly running behind one of the worst lines in the entire league.

A bit of a stretch. They still have two all pro linemen. Eagles will still be a top 10-15 o-line.

4 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I think they’ll bring in another RB, either Lenny or Freeman. 

I doubt it, they keep saying he's fine for the opener. Freeman wanted over 4mil, fournette cost 4mil plus they have to luck out with half the league not claiming him off waivers first. 

To further quote Adam Caplan: "I noticed he was doing a shadow drill [Sunday], which is when you’re mimicking what you’re going to be doing… just doing shadow pass blocking. Well guess what? If he’s got a bad injury, he ain’t doing that."

While the injury is concerning, I don't think there's a need to panic (at least I'm trying not to..😳)

Edited by Kilo
  • Like 4

The Dillard injury doesn’t hurt philly’s starting offensive line that much because Peters is still a better LT than him. However the depth is now gone.  I think Sanders is going to get a ton of touches to start the year so he should still be good for fantasy purposes.

2 minutes ago, scheibler said:

I doubt it, they keep saying he's fine for the opener. Freeman wanted over 4mil, fournette cost 4mil plus they have to luck out with half the league not claiming him off waivers first. 

... the Jags played this beautifully, though - the cut doesn't process until 4pm today, so now if any team wants to toss a pick at the Jags, then they get him before waivers run ... he can still be traded. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... the Jags played this beautifully, though - the cut doesn't process until 4pm today, so now if any team wants to toss a pick at the Jags, then they get him before waivers run ... he can still be traded. 

Interesting didn't know that

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

agree, will be telling if they don't even get a 7th for him lol

13 minutes ago, kdpat15 said:

seems like everyone thinks eagles will bring another RB in but people have been saying this for the past 3 months. If they are confident in their backfield I don't see this happening.

3 months ago Sanders wasn’t hurt. 

4 minutes ago, scheibler said:

Interesting didn't know that

4 minutes ago, kdpat15 said:

agree, will be telling if they don't even get a 7th for him lol

... i posted a tweet from Morrone in the LF thread where he (Marrone) said they've been trying since Spring - NO TAKERS!

but this is a last ditch effort today, as we get closer to the season, maybe some of those in need don't wanna chance waivers. 

great move by Jax, but they really had no other choice. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

DND. We’ve seen it time and again with hammy injuries. Could he be fine and crush it this season? Absolutely. But it’s not worth the risk at his current ADP. 

This.  He’s going right around CEH, Josh Jacobs, Joe Mixon, Kenyan Drake, and Aaron Jones.  Take all of them over him.  If he slips to the mid 2nd though sign me up.