NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miles Sanders 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still come back to a few things. This is a player who, after he was drafted, his GM said "We've been looking for a runner like Miles for a few years".  He then went on to have one of the greate

Posted Images

1 hour ago, vikesrube said:

Made it a rule a long time ago to pass on high priced players nursing injuries coming into the season. Sure I miss out sometimes, but it’s saved me a lot too because teams lie. 

Buying into injury optimism is one of the worst mistakes you can make. 

• Like 5
21 hours ago, lightweight3 said:

This.  He’s going right around CEH, Josh Jacobs, Joe Mixon, Kenyan Drake, and Aaron Jones.  Take all of them over him.  If he slips to the mid 2nd though sign me up.

Drake nursing his own injury though.  Not a hammy, but got a walking boot on.

On 9/1/2020 at 6:46 AM, EaglesRocker97 said:

That is pretty debatable at this point in JP's career.

Not really. JP is much better. But JP's injury history has been a concern the last 4-5 years. And now Dillard has an injury history.

6 minutes ago, CooL said:

I’ll gladly take the discount and just reach a round or two earlier for Boston Scott. Eagles RB is an RB1.

No an Eagles RB is not an RB1. This is a crazy take.

Peterson has produced an RB1 exactly 0 times. The team has been a flat out RBBC his entire tenure. Sanders is the first truly good RB they’ve had and that’s why that streak is going to end if he is healthy.

Scott is not a good RB. He’s just your average run of the mill NFL RB. Every other RB like that has been borderline useless in fantasy playing for this Eagles staff. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Peterson has produced an RB1 exactly 0 times. The team has been a flat out RBBC his entire tenure. Sanders is the first truly good RB they’ve had and that’s why that streak is going to end if he is healthy.

Scott is not a good RB. He’s just your average run of the mill NFL RB. Every other RB like that has been borderline useless in fantasy playing for this Eagles staff. 

You can pretty much guarantee that, if Miles Sanders goes down, it will be a committee consisting of several guys you've never even heard of.

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Peterson has produced an RB1 exactly 0 times

AP is too dopey to make ice cubes or toast, let alone coach a professional tackle foosball team. 

... now, Pederson on the other hand, sure. 

Draft coming up and I haven't been following his injury. Is it serious enough to push him out of the RB1 tier? Most "experts" still love him, but is he worth a 1st round pick? I know how well he finished last season when he was healthy, and the O-line in Philly is a tad banged up so that gives me some pause. Any manager still high on him as a 1st round pick?

10 minutes ago, spd2base said:

Draft coming up and I haven't been following his injury. Is it serious enough to push him out of the RB1 tier? Most "experts" still love him, but is he worth a 1st round pick? I know how well he finished last season when he was healthy, and the O-line in Philly is a tad banged up so that gives me some pause. Any manager still high on him as a 1st round pick?

yes

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

OK, sorry, misspoke.  Miles Sanders when healthy is an RB1.  Boston Scott proved towards the end of last year that he could be an RB1 if given the opportunity.  And this was even when Miles was still playing, it's not as if he was out injured.  Scott had 24.8, 13.5, 8.9, and 36.8 PPR points to close out the season.  Mostly on his receiving work, but he also did have some TDs.  Sanders had minimum 12 touches in each of those games.  So was Scott just lucky?

My take is that if Sanders goes down, then Scott has a chance to be a three down option, assuming they don't bring in anyone else which they haven't so far the entire offseason.  Who is Scott's competition?  Corey Clement?

I'll take Sanders at the discount, and then I'd lock up Scott.  His ADP is around 100-120 right now depending on platform.  Easy handcuff to get.

15 minutes ago, spd2base said:

Depends where you are drafting but I'd take Mixon, Drake, CEH? over him. 

Sanders around Ekeler, Chubb, Carson, Jacobs tier IMO. Healthy he has the most potential out of all of them.

• Like 1

I really want to pencil this guy in at the top of my DND list because of the hammy injury, but I love the talent and situation so much... It also seems promising that they haven’t brought in any FAs. Probably will end up passing due to being burnt by hammy injuries in the past, but if he’s healthy, I have no doubt that he is going to absolutely feast. 

I'm seeing #30 in a lot of the action right now.  Last year Clement went on IR and Scott came up from the practice squad.  Clement didn't exactly get beat by Scott for backup duty.  I know Scott was the hero at the end of last year.  But I think Clement is the reason the Eagles haven't brought in a FA.

If the worst were to happen, trust and believe Eagles would bring someone in. Boston Scott/Clement are not the answer, just saying. DC's across the league would have a field day game planning against that Salvation Army of a backfield. 

1 hour ago, Chardo said:

I still come back to a few things.

This is a player who, after he was drafted, his GM said "We've been looking for a runner like Miles for a few years".  He then went on to have one of the greatest rookie seasons in history.  One of 7 rookies ever to have 800 yards rushing and 500 receiving.  Four of the others are (or will eventually be--Barkley) in the HOF.  And he did it as the second option.  In the last 50 years, only 7 players have as many scrimmage yards on as few touches.  He was 3rd in the NFL in yards per touch, top among rookies.  Tied for 4th in 20-yard plays, again, as a part time player.  Taste of what he could do as the main guy?  Over the final 7 games (actually 6.5) after Jordan Howard went down and Sanders became primary, he was one of 6 players to have 650 yards and 4 scores.  His 16 game prorated totals would have been 1700 yards and 10 scores.  As a rookie.

So what does the team do?  They let Howard walk.  They don't draft another RB.  They don't trade for another RB.  They don't sign another RB.  A week before the season starts, despite a hamstring, they still don't do a thing.  This is Sanders' backfield.  This is like getting 2nd year Kamara without Ingram on the team.  The floor is solid RB1, the ceiling is monster.

excellent post 

• Like 1