NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miles Sanders 2020 Outlook

F it, you guys and Jake Ciely sold me.

Talent and opportunity seem to be colliding here.  Coach doesn't seem worried about the hamstring with the cuts/no FA signings.  Can't say I love the LT situation if Peters doesn't swing over there (and if we does, wither RG?) but I trust Kelce, Johnson, Peters (wherever he plays) and Seumolo, and hopefully one of the young guys can get it done at LT or RG, if it's LT that will probably impact the deep passing game more anyway, could lead to more dump offs.

I like their chances of playing with a lead a little more with Slay and Robey Coleman addressing their corner situation.

Let's do this thing.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still come back to a few things. This is a player who, after he was drafted, his GM said "We've been looking for a runner like Miles for a few years".  He then went on to have one of the greate

Posted Images

I enjoyed watching this cat play last year and now that I own him, I'll enjoy it even more.  I don't like handcuffing in general - I'd rather have some other team's handcuff - but I think with an injury already and no preseason, that getting Boston Scott would be prudent.

So people really aren't concerned with his hammy?  The excerpt earlier in the thread suggested a 5 weeks time table for his hammy to be fully recovered, and I believe the first game would be the 4 week mark.  I guess I'm more of the mindset of don't chase injuries, they'll find you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

So people really aren't concerned with his hammy?  The excerpt earlier in the thread suggested a 5 weeks time table for his hammy to be fully recovered, and I believe the first game would be the 4 week mark.  I guess I'm more of the mindset of don't chase injuries, they'll find you.

I'm a bit worried. Only good thing is if it's bothering him then Doug won't put him out there to do further damage. So if he's out there then you can trust he's good to go

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on that article. It was an excerpt from the athletic where the writer is just hypothetically guessing the extent of the injury and timetable. It seemed more like click bait to me than anyone who was actually close to the Eagles locker and would know. Just my opinion.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GriffeySwag said:

Surprised to see so many people so bullish on Sanders after losing Dillard and Brooks on the line. Those are massive losses.

It'll still be an average OL. Not a huge concern. Also Dillard was looking terrible in camp anyway.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

Surprised to see so many people so bullish on Sanders after losing Dillard and Brooks on the line. Those are massive losses.

Eh it may be enough to drop him a few spots depending on how you viewed him before but I think he’s still a top 10-12 pick.

The line would be a bigger concern if he wasn’t such a good receiver. With their lack of weapons 80-90 catches isn’t out of the question. That gives him a very nice floor even if the run game isn’t getting it done. 

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 2
51 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Eh it may be enough to drop him a few spots depending on how you viewed him before but I think he’s still a top 10-12 pick.

The line would be a bigger concern if he wasn’t such a good receiver. With their lack of weapons 80-90 catches isn’t out of the question. That gives him a very nice floor even if the run game isn’t getting it done. 

this. 

i mentioned earlier up in here that the Iggles WR corps is atrocious ... then somebody posted a facacta article that placed them 14th in the leeg rankings, which is absolute horse manure 🐴  they're straight trash, and now with Ser Reagor hobbled, it's all the more putrid (Jeffrey made the final 53, no PuP - but he ain't suiting up yet).

the strength is the middle of the field - with all the attention paid to Ertz/Goedert, Standish here will find room ... and we're not just talking fire drill dumpoffs - this kid can run the necessary RB route tree extremely well, and those two beastly TEs are gonna afford him plenty of room to do his biz. 

full season total of 75+ catches seems all but a certainty. 

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

this. 

i mentioned earlier up in here that the Iggles WR corps is atrocious ... then somebody posted a facacta article that placed them 14th in the leeg rankings, which is absolute horse manure 🐴  they're straight trash, and now with Ser Reagor hobbled, it's all the more putrid (Jeffrey made the final 53, no PuP - but he ain't suiting up yet).

the strength is the middle of the field - with all the attention paid to Ertz/Goedert, Standish here will find room ... and we're not just talking fire drill dumpoffs - this kid can run the necessary RB route tree extremely well, and those two beastly TEs are gonna afford him plenty of room to do his biz. 

full season total of 75+ catches seems all but a certainty. 

Except Ertz is dealing with the contract issues

6 minutes ago, Zangief80 said:

Except Ertz is dealing with the contract issues

he has not threatened to holdout, afaik ... so he'll just have to buck the fudge up - i'll worry about this if he sits. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

I feel like I just won the lottery. I was pick #4 in a Yahoo ppr 12 teamer. He fell to pick 21 with Conner and Carson going ahead of him! 

Barring health I don't see a way this guy doesn't finish top 10. Ny league mates were all still in belief that this is going to be a rbbc bc of Pederson

I got him for about 45 in my auction draft last night.  Was also able to buy Mixon and Drake for around the same price (mid 40s).  Cuffed him with Boston Scott just to be safe for week 1.  It is a risk for sure but as long as the hammy is right and doesn't get re-aggravated then I see this being Sanders' breakout year before he officially ascends into the Zeke, CMC, Kamara, Cook tier.  He'll have the work, versatile skillset, talent, and also importantly, good offensive coaching to give him a safe floor plus elite ceiling.  The Eagles depleted WR corps will ensure he gets lots of passing work and the division has got some pretty weak defenses for him to feast on.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

Brooks is a big loss. Dillard is a wash.

Every team has injuries throughout the year.  Barring certain exceptions, you can't let them dictate your picks.

Baltimore lost Yanda to retirement- do we drop Lamar down our boards?  Tenness lost Conklin to a big free agent deal- do we pass on Henry because of that?

OL is a big consideration as a whole, but an injury here and there has to be taken with appropriate perspective. 

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

Seems like nobody is really concerned about the hammy in here 🤔 

You say it like we can do anything about it. Just gotta wait and see brodie 

14 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Brooks is a big loss. Dillard is a wash.

Every team has injuries throughout the year.  Barring certain exceptions, you can't let them dictate your picks.

Baltimore lost Yanda to retirement- do we drop Lamar down our boards?  Tenness lost Conklin to a big free agent deal- do we pass on Henry because of that?

OL is a big consideration as a whole, but an injury here and there has to be taken with appropriate perspective. 

Both Baltimore and Tennessee have had more time to prepare and deal with their OL losses, where as Philly has had to scramble and move players around to compensate for 2 OL injuries. 

1 hour ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I am

I second that, and that’s why I’m here.

In my last draft, I had Miles Sanders fall to me at the 2.09, after I grabbed Zeke at 1.03. Couldn’t pass it up. Aaron Jones was the only other consideration. 

Nobody wanted this cat in my draft last night. Came back round to the 2.14 in a 14 team league.

Was wondering if they knew something I didn't. Surely he shouldn't be the RB19 off any board, regardless of o-line and health concerns?

19 minutes ago, fjthegrey said:

Nobody wanted this cat in my draft last night. Came back round to the 2.14 in a 14 team league.

Was wondering if they knew something I didn't. Surely he shouldn't be the RB19 off any board, regardless of o-line and health concerns?

Hammy issue and oline imjuriesscaredmost people off. I'm glad, I still had him ranked as a top 10 pick