Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miles Sanders 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

On 9/5/2020 at 3:23 PM, Tugginroot said:

So people really aren't concerned with his hammy?  The excerpt earlier in the thread suggested a 5 weeks time table for his hammy to be fully recovered, and I believe the first game would be the 4 week mark.  I guess I'm more of the mindset of don't chase injuries, they'll find you.

I would be more concerned if they hadn't cut those three RBs on cut down day.  Going into the season with just him, Scott and Clement on the roster shows me that they don't think it's so much of an issue it should keep him from action.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still come back to a few things. This is a player who, after he was drafted, his GM said "We've been looking for a runner like Miles for a few years".  He then went on to have one of the greate

Posted Images

6 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I would be more concerned if they hadn't cut those three RBs on cut down day.  Going into the season with just him, Scott and Clement on the roster shows me that they don't think it's so much of an issue it should keep him from action.

 

Agree.  A team's actions are far more reliable than anything the media says, and even what the team itself says.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

@mulhollandvelvet that makes sense and is probably for the best to keep him fresh, might want to temper expectations early in the year.

 

looking like a repeat of 2019 - took him awhile, but it was worth it ... of course, he was only 7th rd draft capital for me last year, so, the wait was not too painful. 

wonder how far this pushes him down ... 3rd/4th rd? 

🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

looking like a repeat of 2019 - took him awhile, but it was worth it ... of course, he was only 7th rd draft capital for me last year, so, the wait was not too painful. 

wonder how far this pushes him down ... 3rd/4th rd? 

🤔

That’s probably the right range. He’s a back end RB2 imo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The G Man said:

 

Wow. Doesn't get much more vague than that. "it's a possibility" and "they might" are not necessarily what I would call definitive phrases.   

I think this is why it's just better to avoid the headache of drafting guys who come into the year injured. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mulhollandvelvet said:

I think this is why it's just better to avoid the headache of drafting guys who come into the year injured. 

 

Sucks... I couldn't let him go at 2.10 though.

I guess I "might" think about "possibly" picking Boston Scott off the waivers "probably". I "think" he might be available hopefully still "most likely".

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dropshadows said:

 

Sucks... I couldn't let him go at 2.10 though.

I guess I "might" think about "possibly" picking Boston Scott off the waivers "probably". I "think" he might be available hopefully still "most likely".

Hey, it doesn't come from a place of judgment. I grabbed him at 14th overall. All we can do is stick it out. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

looking like a repeat of 2019 - took him awhile, but it was worth it ... of course, he was only 7th rd draft capital for me last year, so, the wait was not too painful. 

wonder how far this pushes him down ... 3rd/4th rd? 

🤔

 

56 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

That’s probably the right range. He’s a back end RB2 imo. 

 

Y'all trippin , over reaction much. From a single tweet ?

I'll believe it when I see it. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I think this is why it's just better to avoid the headache of drafting guys who come into the year injured. 

 

Especially with hamstring injuries, but I'm in the same boat, took the plunge late round 2.  The upside especially in PPR is niiiiice.

And really that's what it's all about.  If Sanders needs to be held out a week or 2 to get to 100%, I'm fine with that even from where I drafted him at.  It's clear he's the talent to own here and I'm still high on him.  

The Pederson RRBC crowd I think need to look at the context of those RRBC...all the Eagles had were middling RBs before.  For once, they have a guy who stands a bit above the rest, it would make a lot more sense for them to give Sanders the approx. 80% snap share he was getting at the end of the year last year, than using past years as a point of reference when he wasn't on the team and they had a bunch of journeymen sharing caries.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Miles Sanders (hamstring) returned to practice Wednesday.

    It's the first time the media has seen Sanders practice since he pulled his hamstring the first week of camp. Coach Doug Pederson has labeled Sanders as "day to day" ahead of the Week 1 opener against Washington. Ultimately, we expect him to be out there as the starter, but there is a "possibility" the Eagles dial back his workload some, per Pederson. Still, he's a lock-and-load fantasy start in a dream matchup for the opener.

    Sep 9, 2020, 2:13 PM ET
     
  •  
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...