NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miles Sanders 2020 Outlook

12 minutes ago, dorwell said:

Yuk, he is questionable

just want to clarify, there is no more probable designation in the NFL so he is likely probable. They just don't have that designation any longer so it looks worse off

• Like 5
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still come back to a few things. This is a player who, after he was drafted, his GM said "We've been looking for a runner like Miles for a few years".  He then went on to have one of the greate

Posted Images

They cannot go into the season with Scott and Clement as the primary RBs. If they’re truly worried about Miles’ injury they will have him inactive, which doesn’t seem likely. I think barring a last minute setback Miles will be active, but probably won’t eclipse 50% of the snaps. That’s still plenty of usage to make plays. If Miles is your RB1 then you have to play him if he’s active. If he’s your RB2 then I’d possibly juggle playing Scott instead or a comparable talent. One thing is for sure, if you have Sanders you need to roster Scott in case his injury worsens. 

The more interesting news is Reagor playing. If they’re running 12 personnel that’s 2 absolute burners at WR and 2 intermediate stud TEs. This offense is definitely set up to cook on Sunday even with a RBBC. 

17 minutes ago, TwoCan Sam said:

They cannot go into the season with Scott and Clement as the primary RBs. If they’re truly worried about Miles’ injury they will have him inactive, which doesn’t seem likely. I think barring a last minute setback Miles will be active, but probably won’t eclipse 50% of the snaps. That’s still plenty of usage to make plays. If Miles is your RB1 then you have to play him if he’s active. If he’s your RB2 then I’d possibly juggle playing Scott instead or a comparable talent. One thing is for sure, if you have Sanders you need to roster Scott in case his injury worsens. 

The more interesting news is Reagor playing. If they’re running 12 personnel that’s 2 absolute burners at WR and 2 intermediate stud TEs. This offense is definitely set up to cook on Sunday even with a RBBC. 

I don't know that I would play him this week. They will be up big on Washington I would say. Scott will probably get a lot of work.

1 minute ago, cdd10 said:

I don't know that I would play him this week. They will be up big on Washington I would say. Scott will probably get a lot of work.

agreed that Scott will get a decent amount of work. But I think we all (myself included) are assuming they’ll be up by a lot when this year is way harder to make such assumptions. Wouldn’t shock me if it’s more competitive than we all believe it will be.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TwoCan Sam said:

agreed that Scott will get a decent amount of work. But I think we all (myself included) are assuming they’ll be up by a lot when this year is way harder to make such assumptions. Wouldn’t shock me if it’s more competitive than we all believe it will be.

True. Haskins could have taken a big stride. You're right 100%

1 minute ago, TwoCan Sam said:

divisional opponents is where things can get shaken up 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Chippa said:

divisional opponents is where things can get shaken up 

Exactly. Plus the public perception of the WFT is they’re garbage. They literally have nothing to lose in this matchup (other than the game but not my point). The defense is going to be worlds better than last years with the additions of Young, Del Rio, and Rivera.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, TwoCan Sam said:

Exactly. Plus the public perception of the WFT is they’re garbage. They literally have nothing to lose in this matchup (other than the game but not my point). The defense is going to be worlds better than last years with the additions of Young, Del Rio, and Rivera.

They have a good defensive line too. 

17 hours ago, kdpat15 said:

just want to clarify, there is no more probable designation in the NFL so he is likely probable. They just don't have that designation any longer so it looks worse off

can we sticky this in every player thread

• Thanks 1

I am kinda bummed that I’m probably gonna end up with no shares here (still have 1 draft left) That whole cluster of RBs toward end of 1st early 2nd I think I like Sanders the player the best but I decided to play it safe with so many good options there. Might try to get in tonight and what I’m ultimately hoping for is a slow start so I can buy as many places as I can

19 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Going for the double handcuff this week, have Scott and DJax.  I'm tempted to sit Miles just to watch DJax light 'em up.

doubling up on handcuffs may not be the move for this offense...

20 hours ago, TwoCan Sam said:

on one hand, it's not like new mexico state is playing PAC10 defenses every week.

on the other hand, the first 5 minutes of this 10-minute video is huntley scoring 15 touchdowns, most of them 40+ yards.

for a coach that loved to push the sproles factor, i am steering clear of scott in a miles sandersless offense

2 minutes ago, Sack Exchange said:

on one hand, it's not like new mexico state is playing PAC10 defenses every week.

on the other hand, the first 5 minutes of this 10-minute video is huntley scoring 15 touchdowns, most of them 40+ yards.

for a coach that loved to push the sproles factor, i am steering clear of scott in a miles sandersless offense

Well Miles hasn’t been ruled out yet so who knows

16 minutes ago, Sack Exchange said:

Nice highlight reel, but for this week at least I can't say I'm prioritizing a guy who got claimed off waivers 5 days ago.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Sack Exchange said:

lol at those defenses. 

• Haha 1