NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miles Sanders 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still come back to a few things. This is a player who, after he was drafted, his GM said "We've been looking for a runner like Miles for a few years".  He then went on to have one of the greate

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

So it was nothing but it’s a hamstring injury that’s still keeping him out after all this time?

I guess you can try to spin it however you want but it isn’t good news. At all.

For those who know; this is great news actually.

Much rather he sits and rests, then goes out there pre-maturely and tweaks something. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Chardo said:

They determined he won't dress or play.  With covid, they're not taking unnecessary travelers. 

For them to determine he won't play before Sunday, that's a really bad indicator of the severity of his injury, no?

1 minute ago, RunCMC said:

For those who know; this is great news actually.

Much rather he sits and rests, then goes out there pre-maturely and tweaks something. 

The assumption the entire offseason was this was precautionary and Sanders is fine. Clearly he is not fine as he is sitting out week 1.

So no it’s not great news because if people knew he wouldn’t even be ready for week 1 he would slide down the boards. 

1 minute ago, herschel said:

Travel isn’t worth the covid possibilities. If he’s not gonna play, why risk it?

For them to already determine he's not going to play, that's a very bad indicator of the severity of his injury, no?

Just now, ccimore said:

For them to determine he won't play before Sunday, that's a really bad indicator of the severity of his injury, no?

Or they know they can win without him and are determined to protect him.  This might be a situation where he would be playing if it was playoffs or a must win game. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, ccimore said:

For them to already determine he's not going to play, that's a very bad indicator of the severity of his injury, no?

Hamstring injuries suck and the Redskins suck. Even if he’s at 95% they could’ve decided it’s not worth it and that’s it.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Chardo said:

Or they know they can win without him and are determined to protect him.  This might be a situation where he would be playing if it was playoffs or a must win game. 

true, I also think if there wasn't covid he would've traveled and at least tested it pre-game. This won't be a normal season so think they're playing it safe for now.

fwiw, i have scott shares and no sanders shares. If I'm a Sanders owner I'm glad they're holding him out instead of risking a setback

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, ccimore said:

They released 3 RB and didn't hire one. That's why I'm hopeful they only want to rest him. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

The assumption the entire offseason was this was precautionary and Sanders is fine. Clearly he is not fine as he is sitting out week 1.

So no it’s not great news because if people knew he wouldn’t even be ready for week 1 he would slide down the boards. 

As pertaining to the draft, yeah very true. But beginning of this week it's been constant limited practices and Q tag.

Light bulbs were starting to go off. 

Could it be their opponent is WAS , so just playing it safe with Sanders, I dunno it's possible. 

Overall big picture wise, Yes I'm definitely concerned.

Damnit I was typing lol , I just read the above posts about playing it safe with Sanders. 

Edited by RunCMC

If you own him, you should like the move.  Hamstring is typically a 4 week recovery, he's not there yet.  You want him 100% for as many games as possible. It's week 1.  Your entire team is available to you.  Immediately after your draft, if you don't have a capable RB3, you dont have a competitive team.  Don't sweat it. 

• Like 1