NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miles Sanders 2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, Chardo said:

If you own him, you should like the move.  Hamstring is typically a 4 week recovery, he's not there yet.  You want him 100% for as many games as possible. It's week 1.  Your entire team is available to you.  Immediately after your draft, if you don't have a capable RB3, you dont have a competitive team.  Don't sweat it. 

I think he was dealing with this issue even before this week. But don't quote me on it , I could be wrong. 

Maybe someone with a better memory could chime in. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still come back to a few things. This is a player who, after he was drafted, his GM said "We've been looking for a runner like Miles for a few years".  He then went on to have one of the greate

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

I think he was dealing with this issue even before this week. But don't quote me on it , I could be wrong. 

Maybe someone with a better memory could chime in. 

I think the first report of his hamstring issue came out on 8/19, so he was likely dealing with it a day or two before then.

That’s about 3.5-4 weeks from today. So while it’s concerning, I’m willing to remain optimistic and hope they’re holding him out as a precautionary measure.

If he’s out next week, then yeah maybe time to start getting worried

Edited by JDE
  • Like 3
6 minutes ago, JDE said:

I think the first report of his hamstring issue came out on 8/19, so he was likely dealing with it a day or two before then.

That’s about 3.5-4 weeks from today. So while it’s concerning, I’m willing to remain optimistic and hope they’re holding him out as a precautionary measure.

If he’s out next week, then yeah maybe time to start getting worried

Yup this sums it up. Sitting out this week gives him 4 weeks to heal.

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

Yeah the real problem here is Scott taking over the lead role. 

I don't even think Scott will get the majority of the carries with Sanders out of the line-up. Clement is healthy and has a much better build to run between the tackles. Scott will also get an uptick in carries, obviously, but it sounds like the Eagles see him more as Sproles.

Edited by LongBalls
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, RunCMC said:

For those who know; this is great news actually.

Much rather he sits and rests, then goes out there pre-maturely and tweaks something. 

Agreed. I have had fantasy players retweak hamstrings early in games they go out there too soon (Adam Thielen, LeSean McCoy) and then you get close to zero in the game, lose the player for longer because of reaggravation, and didn't start someone who could have given you points. Once I heard Sanders was going to be on a snap count because of his hamstring I was relieved to just have him be out and rest up and give it another week or two to get better. Deciding whether to play your stud on a snap count when they risk reinjury or their handcuff when both are playing is not fun. This takes out the guesswork and is better for Sanders long term outlook. 

• Like 3

While I am bummed that Sanders is out, I am grateful that the team went ahead and made the call to sit him in advance instead of playing games and starting him for one series or snap then sitting him the rest of the game.  At least we can make roster decisions before the game.

Hopefully, this gives Sanders the time to fully recover and come back full speed.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Scott is going to be a league-winner

That seems unlikely.

If Sanders had a definitive season ending injury then I think you could make that assertion more confidently.  At this point he's not suiting up after three limited practices during Covid against a team they can probably beat without him.

• Like 2

Pain. As someone who dropped Scott earlier in the week thinking Sander's practice reports were good enough to play. Relieved in a sense that he hopefully gets to play at 100% rather than 80% and higher chance of re-injuring it. As an owner, we knew the possibility prior to drafting him and some of us got a good discount on him.