NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miles Sanders 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still come back to a few things. This is a player who, after he was drafted, his GM said "We've been looking for a runner like Miles for a few years".  He then went on to have one of the greate

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Mustangt125 said:

What do we think about the Rams running defense? They do have that monster in the middle, but is there much else?

Some will say this is not a fair comparison but, Zeke did pretty well against them week 1.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, FreakFries said:

This is good news but “Adam Schefter says he’d be surprised if the Eagles, a team that just lost to a franchise that can’t even get its sh*t together enough to figure out its own name, didn’t play two of its most important players vs the Rams” isn’t quite the same as “Miles Sanders and Lane Johnson are practicing without limitations and look good to go.”

I’d rather they sit these guys than force the issue.

How do you know they're forcing the issue tho ? 

Everything seems like standard operating procedure. 

41 minutes ago, Kilo said:

Some will say this is not a fair comparison but, Zeke did pretty well against them week 1.

i dig Standish, he's got great game chops ... but he is not near Zeke's level, and i don't think he ever will be - Zeke is as natural a runner as we've ever seen.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Miles Sanders (hamstring) is on track to play in Week 2 against the Rams.

This falls in line with previous reports on Sanders. The Eagles are also expected to get back RT Lane Johnson (ankle). Philly allowed eight sacks and rushed for just 55 yards last week without Sanders and Johnson. It's possible Sanders will be on a snap count.

Related:
Source: ESPN
Sep 16, 2020, 12:03 PM ET

At least they didn't use "pitch count"....

He can't be worse than Boston Scott.  Firing up with confidence.

• Like 1
Just now, CooL said:

At least they didn't use "pitch count"....

He can't be worse than Boston Scott.  Firing up with confidence.

All of Rotoworld got hoaxed by Butter-Bean Scott, yours truly included 😂

• Like 4
1 minute ago, RunCMC said:

All of Rotoworld got hoaxed by Butter-Bean Scott, yours truly included 😂

Yes, me too.  It felt very cathartic to dump Great Scott this morning during the waiver run.  Very cleansing and great to get him out of my system.  I don't care if he's the handcuff.  I'll look elsewhere if Miles can't go.  I'm hoping that Miles will get in space and get the quick dumpoffs if the line doesn't start improving.  Something that Great Scott obviously couldn't handle.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Mustangt125 said:

What do we think about the Rams running defense? They do have that monster in the middle, but is there much else?

They're pretty inexperienced up the middle (Donald aside).

Nose is Sebastian Joseph-Day, ILBs are Micah Kieser and Troy Reeder, Rapp's good at SS.  Inexperienced doesn't necessarily mean bad, but by and large this looks to me more like a team built to get to the quarterback and cover the pass, so RBs can have good days against them.

Obviously the line needs to be better (hopefully Lane is back and good to go), otherwise they won't look good against anyone.  But I think they're capable.  This could be a good spot.

Edited by JE7HorseGod
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

It indicated next Gen stats are full of baloney and just confuse people and give them more misleading information than helping them. 

The bears are listed number 1 on that list. Any stat that implies that the bears oline generated the most potential rushing yards is a flawed metric. 

I'm a bears fan and miles owner in 2 leagues. I'd love nothing more than for that metric be accurate. Unfortunately, it is not. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, brosephd said:

after seeing what chubb/hunt just did... ready for week 3

Well let him get warmed up this Sunday, so he can absolutely crush it at home against the Bungles next week.