NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miles Sanders 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still come back to a few things. This is a player who, after he was drafted, his GM said "We've been looking for a runner like Miles for a few years".  He then went on to have one of the greate

Posted Images

6 hours ago, gotamancrushontombrady said:

Yes.  His Hammy was a "minor" injury that kept him out for three weeks of practice and a game.  Maybe not "lie" but certainly under-report on the severity.

The hammy was a minor injury. They didn't lie, they just didn't have to report the specifics because it wasn't in season. If anything, what we're seeing is stupid gamesmenship from the Eagles. Keep the Giants in the dark in preparing on the short week. It would make more sense for them to be quiet if he had a chance of playing. It's probably good that they're not straight up saying "He's definitely going to miss time" like they did with Ertz. Pederson said something along the lines of "We'll see how Miles is and if he can go this Thursday or not".

5 hours ago, FreakFries said:

The Eagles definitely have not been forthcoming with injury info but if he had torn his ACL there would have been no reason to play games and we would have heard by now. That hasn’t happened. I’ll start with that and be thankful for it. Guessing he doesn’t return until week 10. Praying he does. We probably won’t know until a few days before or day of game time week 10

The Eagles kinda admitted that the week 1 "hamstring" injury was not as serious as was claimed. The Eagles foolishly thought they could beat the Redskins without Miles, and that failed.

On 10/20/2020 at 7:22 AM, gotamancrushontombrady said:

Yes.  His Hammy was a "minor" injury that kept him out for three weeks of practice and a game.  Maybe not "lie" but certainly under-report on the severity.

It's common knowledge that they held him out of the Washington game because he wasn't 100%, and because they thought they could win the game without him. He practiced the whole week. What you were quoting: 

On 10/20/2020 at 4:45 AM, cgu112 said:

He did get an mri. Would they really lie/ hide about a serious injury?

It wasn't a serious injury, @gota, so your conspiracy theory doesn't have legs to stand on.

With the way the Cowboys will be staffed on Sunday night, the Eagles will hold out Sanders and let him have the bye week. You and I could be the RB for the Eagles on SNF and they would win easily.

• Like 1

I think if he's healthy, they may go ahead and play him as they need to stay on top of their division.  The last time they got cocky, thought they could easily beat a team (vs WAS, week 1) and played it safe with Sanders, it bit them hard.

While I need and would like to see him play next week, if he's not 100%, I hope they do hold him out.

3 hours ago, mar1kle said:

With the way the Cowboys will be staffed on Sunday night, the Eagles will hold out Sanders and let him have the bye week. You and I could be the RB for the Eagles on SNF and they would win easily.

They thought the same thing against the skins in week 1 and that didn’t exactly work out according to plan...

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mar1kle said:

They are too terrible a team right now to even be considered a heavy favorite. Fortunately Dallas is even more terrible but look at the Jets this week- they were not a pushover. No one is a pushover in the NFL for long. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, mar1kle said:

It's the NFL. While Dallas is rightly deemed a joke, to just assume that an equally banged up and not noticeably better team in Philly to just walk in and "win easily" is fool hardy. On any given Sunday, anything can happen. Philly can't afford another loss or tie, especially not to an in-division rival. 

Philly money line is -185. If you're so confident about it, why not mortgage the house and leverage it 2x on the game?  

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Soafanforlife said:

It's the NFL. While Dallas is rightly deemed a joke, to just assume that an equally banged up and not noticeably better team in Philly to just walk in and "win easily" is fool hardy. On any given Sunday, anything can happen. Philly can't afford another loss or tie, especially not to an in-division rival. 

Philly money line is -185. If you're so confident about it, why not mortgage the house and leverage it 2x on the game?  

If it's Ben DiNucci at quarterback for DallAss lol , lock that puppy up !

Must win for Eagles at home, I think the whole offense goes off. And the defense has a field day if Dalton isn't starting

Would love to stack Sanders (if healthy) + Philly D this week. I know sounds weird right 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Soafanforlife said:

Philly actually can afford another loss/tie.  What they can't afford is to lose Miles Sanders to a long-term injury if they rush him back too quickly.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Chippa said:

how do we like Miles Sanders here ROS?

I love him but I'm still weary of this offense going forward. Carson Wentz has pulled some serious rabbits out of his hat lately. When he hasn't been doing that the offense is still having some serious problems moving the ball. They just aren't that good overall offensively.