NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miles Sanders 2020 Outlook

37 minutes ago, Illusion_J said:

Every week I check the stats at halftime and Miles is on pace for 100 yards.  Then Wentz does dumb stuff, they get behind, and he gets a couple more carries and that's it.  Hate the Eagles offense.  Hopefully Miles can get more involved in the passing game.

I agree with this so much.

This guy is by far their best and most talented option on offense. This guy gets chunks of yards every time that he touches the ball and always seems like he can get 150+ all purpose yards a game. 

I haven't really watched him play extensively until recently. I'm impressed. I'm also confused as to why this guy isn't their 1st, 2nd and 3rd option on offense. Wentz is just not good. The Eagles and Doug Pederson need to start treating Wentz like he's Joe Flacco instead of Russell Wilson.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 2
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still come back to a few things. This is a player who, after he was drafted, his GM said "We've been looking for a runner like Miles for a few years".  He then went on to have one of the greate

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

Hes a really talented back that doesn't really do anything for fantasy teams or even the Eagles for that matter. Not his fault but its just how it is. 

The new Joe Mixon?

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

Hes a really talented back that doesn't really do anything for fantasy teams or even the Eagles for that matter. Not his fault but its just how it is. 

Well let’s hope they can figure it out for ROS.  They’ve got the shot to win the division, and the favorable schedule that could make MS our league winner ala Kenyan Drake last season (not the same situation at all, but ya know, KD scored like 40 each of his last 3 fantasy playoff games). Let’s all pray 🙏

3 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Miles Sanders puts up better fantasy numbers. 
So, no. You’re insulting Sanders

Sanders has less TDs despite playing behind a better Oline. I think theyre both high end RB2s who are misused by their offense. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Sanders has less TDs despite playing behind a better Oline. I think theyre both high end RB2s who are misused by their offense. 

I’d say misused sanders is still low end 1 and mixon is rb2

but we’re just gonna be talking in circles all night with this argument lol

Edited by Chippa
8 minutes ago, Evincar said:

And that Oline has been decimated by injuries this year.  They are only now starting to get some pieces back healthy.

Edited by Kilo
2 hours ago, Silkk1211 said:

I find it off rotoworld has called this guy an RB1 all season and even continues to. I’d say he’s just a middling RB2.

I'm close to benching him for better options due to team ineptitude but he can break one on any given play. In normal conditions, he's a good RB1, but something is seriously wrong with this team. This should be a play action run first time right now and control the clock.

Management has coddled Wentz too much and they are still forcing it with Wentz. Might lead to a revolt with the defensive locker room at some point. 

Anyways, not like Seattle matchup with the possibility of a Seattle lead, but dominant d-lines rattle Wilson and Seattle's got a long flight, so this game is probably close. Still have no confidence that they will get Sanders the 15-18 rushes 4-6 receptions he deserves.

Fumble was also killer but apparently handoff wasn't great and it was rainy and slick. 

59 minutes ago, The G Man said:

WTF is going on with this guy? Why is he not putting up more points? Is it the play calling? His surrounding cast (i.e., Wentz & Co.)? Or is he not right? 

Haven't seen any of the last 2 games so really at a loss here. 

his coach is a moron and his quarterback is absolute garbage. Last two games he had 60 yards rushing at halftime and did nothing either second half.  Hes incredibly talented and makes stuff happen when he gets the ball, but his coach is a jacka** and his qb a dumba**

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
20 minutes ago, cgu112 said:

his coach is a moron and his quarterback is absolute garbage. Last two games he had 60 yards rushing at halftime and did nothing either second half.  Hes incredibly talented and makes stuff happen when he gets the ball, but his coach is a jacka** and his qb a dumba**

Thanks. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a case of him just playing like crap. 

38 minutes ago, herschel said:

Really wish they would move on from Wentz.  He’s just not good. It brings down the whole team....

im as frustrated with Wentz as anyone...he has definitely been bad....but he gets crushed and rushed almost every time he goes back to pass....the OL is a big part of the problem for both Wentz and Miles

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Big Tuna said:

im as frustrated with Wentz as anyone...he has definitely been bad....but he gets crushed and rushed almost every time he goes back to pass....the OL is a big part of the problem for both Wentz and Miles

because he holds onto the ball waaaaay too long.  He does face a lot of pressure but he also just stands there refusing to get rid of the ball

As much as everyone hates on Jordan Howard, does anyone think he could hurt Sanders ROS? He was awful for MIA, but was actually quite good for PHI last year, and Sanders wasn't relevant until he got injured. That last point is obviously intertwined with the fact that Sanders was getting his feet wet. The addition of Howard coupled with the ineptitude of Wentz/the offense in general makes me fearful of Sanders' outlook.

8 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

As much as everyone hates on Jordan Howard, does anyone think he could hurt Sanders ROS? He was awful for MIA, but was actually quite good for PHI last year, and Sanders wasn't relevant until he got injured. That last point is obviously intertwined with the fact that Sanders was getting his feet wet. The addition of Howard coupled with the ineptitude of Wentz/the offense in general makes me fearful of Sanders' outlook.

nah.  if anything he would spell scott and/or clement.  dont think he will eat into miles work at all...

42 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

Probably another guy to vulture TDs! 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Olliemets said:

Sanders has shown he can run as an every down back. Like you said, last year was a learning year. I think Howard will dip into some of Sanders' touches (3-5), but not as blatantly naive as this delusional cat vvvv who obviously has some bias

1 hour ago, herschel said:

nah.  if anything he would spell scott and/or clement.  dont think he will eat into miles work at all...

4 hours ago, Big Tuna said:

No doubt about it. But wentz also holds the ball for too long, too often.