NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miles Sanders 2020 Outlook

Jordan Howard back on the active roster lol. If Sanders losing red zone work he's an easy bench and fade rest of season...trash team already and he can't afford to lose any work to this JAG.

Maybe it's an indictment on Scott and Clement.

Either way, trying to fade the noise and hope Miles rewards us someday.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still come back to a few things. This is a player who, after he was drafted, his GM said "We've been looking for a runner like Miles for a few years".  He then went on to have one of the greate

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

Pederson is looking more and more like Gase and Nagy to me. 

Positive news is Jordan Howard is a bruiser but maybe that's what they want in this offense...so gross.

Negative news is Jordan Howard's a familiar face with a red zone threat.

Either way, I'm pretty over it with Eagles fantasy players and want to rage drop all of them lol

• Like 1

Eagles promoted RB Jordan Howard from the practice squad. 

Howard ended up spending just five days on the practice squad. His promotion comes as Corey Clement spends time on the COVID-19 list. Goal-line plodder Howard will not be a threat to Miles Sanders' workload, and may not even play a Week 12 snap against the Seahawks. His addition was about insurance/knowing the system. Keep Howard on the waiver wire. 

Nov 24, 2020, 5:15 PM ET

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, mrfrood said:

Pederson is looking more and more like Gase and Nagy to me. 

I completely agree. 

Wentz was atrocious last week and deep in the 4th quarter in the red zone they were still throwing the ball (unsuccessfully) on 3rd and 3 while Sanders was averaging, what?, 4.8 YPC?

55 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

I completely agree. 

Wentz was atrocious last week and deep in the 4th quarter in the red zone they were still throwing the ball (unsuccessfully) on 3rd and 3 while Sanders was averaging, what?, 4.8 YPC?

another idea that just popped in my head is that they just witnessed the browns who beat them with an erratic qb and a two headed monster rushing attack and play action attack, which is pretty effective. Laughable if they think Howard is anything close to Chubb however lol

Id sign up for a Kareem hunt plus role 

22 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

I hope they showcase him tonight and give him a CMC type load. This guy can do it all, if they just made more efforts to get him the ball in space. 

Ya it makes no sense. They want Wentz to be the Wentz before the injuries, but it ain’t happening. They could really help him out by throwing to Sanders, but noooooo they destroy both of them by having Wentz throw long all day to people not in his jersey. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
26 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Ya it makes no sense. They want Wentz to be the Wentz before the injuries, but it ain’t happening. They could really help him out by throwing to Sanders, but noooooo they destroy both of them by having Wentz throw long all day to people not in his jersey. 

Name does NOT check out lol

In all seriousness, I agree. He's got a 15 pt projection yet I think he's due to make some big plays today. It's noted that Seahawks getting gashed by RB's in the passing game and they're on the road. Eagles implied points went down by 2-3 when they announced the Hurts news however. 

• Haha 2

I’m feeling good.  Good matchup, best you can hope for.  Hopefully HC has realized he needs to use his #1 weapon rather than rely on Wentz throwing.  

Thankfully Don’t need the points this week but I’d really like to see him out together a REAL solid outing.  He needs to get in a groove for ROS and that cake schedule.  He’s got all the opportunities, let’s make it work!!

1 minute ago, Cleanface said:

I’m feeling good.  Good matchup, best you can hope for.  Hopefully HC has realized he needs to use his #1 weapon rather than rely on Wentz throwing.  

Thankfully Don’t need the points this week but I’d really like to see him out together a REAL solid outing.  He needs to get in a groove for ROS and that cake schedule.  He’s got all the opportunities, let’s make it work!!

Yea, hopefully. Pederson seems to be exposed without Reich around

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Dude is he a bum or is it just the Eagles? I don't get it. He dropped at least 2 catchable balls. 

Think he's pretty good but am wondering if him rotating in an out is affecting his rhythm. He was a great pass catcher last year, yet Wentz can't replicate it this year. They don't even have Sanders doing creative stuff. Apparently Scott is the new Hines.

This offense looks like a worse colts offense- Pederson got some tips from Reich on how the f--- over your backfields despite having 2nd round talent infused in it.

Not sure why I play fantasy anymore...it might be time to phase out the RB position. There's only like 3 guys left 

3 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Either Pederson or Wentz is in love with Scott, because he's playing half the snaps. Not sure I can play Sanders again. This ruined me.

Sanders did drop three easy passes.  So that might of had something to do with it.   But agree with you.  Hard to trust Sanders when they don't give him any work.  Wentz most sacked QB in the NFL and you don't run the ball.  Just look at first possession.  They get offsides so 1st and 5.  They pass 3 straight times.  It makes no sense

2 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Sanders did drop three easy passes.  So that might of had something to do with it.   But agree with you.  Hard to trust Sanders when they don't give him any work.  Wentz most sacked QB in the NFL and you don't run the ball.  Just look at first possession.  They get offsides so 1st and 5.  They pass 3 straight times.  It makes no sense

Unless there is a major error, stats says Sanders was targeted 3 times and caught 2. I saw 1 bad drop but not any others.

The craziest part is Wentz has become an indecisive statue back there which means he should be looking to checkdown often. He NEVER checks down. He either throws the ball up for grabs or takes a sack. It's unbelievable. 

Edited by MrPositive
4 minutes ago, ccimore said:

Every year I fall for the high upside second round RB, and every year I regret it.  

I started getting suspicious when Sanders touch count kept declining since week 2, despite his RB1 peformance against the FREAKING RAMS.

Now, it's basically rock bottom, and he's stuck in the "can't start him can't cut him" roster spot.