NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miles Sanders 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, drisser said:

That would be his highest rushing total of the season and almost as many TDs as he's scored all season in a single game. His numbers are absolutely pathetic for where he was drafted.

tbf before his injury, he was looking good and promising. 20, 14, 9, 23, 12 (full ppr formats)

got injured and now it's 13, 9, 6

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still come back to a few things. This is a player who, after he was drafted, his GM said "We've been looking for a runner like Miles for a few years".  He then went on to have one of the greate

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Chippa said:

tbf before his injury, he was looking good and promising. 20, 14, 9, 23, 12 (full ppr formats)

got injured and now it's 13, 9, 6

He's averaging 5.6 yards per carry, the usage is absolutely baffling particularly when you have a QB playing so poorly.  No excuses for all the drops, but he's getting the job done on the ground.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Illusion_J said:

He's averaging 5.6 yards per carry, the usage is absolutely baffling particularly when you have a QB playing so poorly.  No excuses for all the drops, but he's getting the job done on the ground.

The Eagles O-line is a mess. He was met in the backfield consistently last night. Hopefully they get it together and give him some room to operate. At this point I need to see it before he is back in the lineup. By see it I mean stat sheet/ box score. No way I am watching another Eagles game for a while. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

The Eagles O-line is a mess. He was met in the backfield consistently last night. Hopefully they get it together and give him some room to operate. At this point I need to see it before he is back in the lineup. By see it I mean stat sheet/ box score. No way I am watching another Eagles game for a while. 

Gotcha, was worried what it's gonna be like without Lane Johnson, didn't watch last night though.  I gave up on Eagles football a few weeks back already, welcome to the club, not even Metcalf could get me to turn on the tv last night.

6 minutes ago, b_23 said:

Unforgivable, the Eagles are a joke.

You’d think they'd want the ball out of Carson’s hands. 

He’s doing his best Ben DiNucci impersonation ...

4 hours ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

The second to last series was something unbelievable.

• 1st down & 10 - gets sacked for -10 yards
  • 2nd & 20 - offensive holding
  • 2nd & 30 - Wentz unable to get ball to Scott slightly up the sideline 
  • 3rd & 30 - dump off to Scott in backfield for -1 yard
  • 4th & 31 - incomplete pass

That is impressive. How about the first drive of the game.. they start with a 1st and 5 due to a penalty then proceed to throw three consecutive incompletions. Morons. 

50 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

I hate having any Eagles players.

I felt pretty terrible trading for Watson because we're all just left hoping for a situation to improve, and then the unlikely outcome of BOB being fired freed Watson to being a top-5 QB no question. 

What's worse here is I keep waiting for that "shoe to drop" moment that "man things can't get worse, they have to get better, these are professionals," but I really feel pessimistic and hopeless when it comes to Sanders outlook improving. They just aren't getting it and there hasn't been a material shake-up to the team that has the team and coaching staff on high alert and to force them to change their ways. 

It's just not getting better, and I regret ever trading for this guy. I cannot stand the Eagles anymore and I really want out, but we're all just stuck with this crap.

The only way this is getting better is if Pederson wakes up one day and realizes "I need to give our RBs" as much as they can handle, and don't get away with it. But that is so unlikely. The other two ways this COULD get better is if Wentz is benched and somehow Hurts pulls a mini-Herbert moment where "he wasn't ready" yet blows the team away in expectation. The last way is clean house and the team has the BOB effect where they improve with new blood...

What would Vegas peg those odds at? +1000 right now for any of those to happen?

This is hopeless and it's really out of all of our control. All we can do is keep starting and hope for the best, or just bench for someone else to give us low upside points. 

49 minutes ago, herschel said:

fwiw, sanders did drop two open passes.  they werent great throws, but he needs to catch those...

Agreed - they were bad drops. I had been thinking, why aren’t they throwing to him more? Then those played happened, and I thought, well maybe that’s why. 🤪🤦🏼‍♂️

49 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Can't blame the coaches for having Boston Scott out there when they were trying to hurry things up, Scott has shown he is reliable and can catch the ball, Sanders is dropping everything. 

fwiw, scott also missed a huge block in the 4th quarter that got wentz pummeled. the whole team just looked like trash...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Agreed - they were bad drops. I had been thinking, why aren’t they throwing to him more? Then those played happened, and I thought, well maybe that’s why. 🤪🤦🏼‍♂️

Not surprised .. this team is so dysfunctional. 

But not worried either, Sanders has great hands & is most deadly in open space.

Just one of those days. Eagles were god awful more so than usual 

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Not surprised .. this team is so dysfunctional. 

But not worried either, Sanders has great hands & is most deadly in open space.

Just one of those days. Eagles were god awful more so than usual 

The problem is it appears to be less 'one of those days' and more of a multi-week trend.  Blame Sanders, blame Wentz, blame the line, blame Pederson, any way you dice it: without big changes this guy will be really tough to start in week 14, even with the dearth of quality RBs.  Literally becoming a touch decision to play this guy over Drake or any other mid-range timeshare RB.

11 minutes ago, gotamancrushontombrady said:

The problem is it appears to be less 'one of those days' and more of a multi-week trend.  Blame Sanders, blame Wentz, blame the line, blame Pederson, any way you dice it: without big changes this guy will be really tough to start in week 14, even with the dearth of quality RBs.  Literally becoming a touch decision to play this guy over Drake or any other mid-range timeshare RB.

Not arguing there, I feel the same.

And eyes closed twice on Sunday, Drake over Sanders all day every day. 

Beginning of the year it might of been a toss up. But now Drake is balling and Miles is on a sinking Eagles ship.

I have both on the same squad, it's a mess. Just my luck as one heats up, the other sheites himself. 

For the love of god I just pray they bench Wentz. Don't care how bad Hurts is ... give us some hope at least.

I mean do it for the Eagles fans out there. They're all crying bloody murder 

And can Pederson already. He lucked into a 1 year historic Philly team with Foles magic winning the SB.

Wayyy too overrated HC. 

• Like 1