NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miles Sanders 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still come back to a few things. This is a player who, after he was drafted, his GM said "We've been looking for a runner like Miles for a few years".  He then went on to have one of the greate

Posted Images

11 hours ago, drisser said:

That would be his highest rushing total of the season and almost as many TDs as he's scored all season in a single game. His numbers are absolutely pathetic for where he was drafted.

I mean in this case don't know if you can blame the player(maybe durability). But the guy has a 70 plus yd td vs pitt and another 70 yd run vs Balt.  Two top of the line RB D's.  He simply doesn't get the work he should in this offense.  The first offensive set just shows the issue.  They got first and 5 after penalty and passed three straight times leading to 3 and out.  Seems like Pederson just doesn't want to admit the Wentz contract was a mistake.  What he doesn't realize is he is screwing Wentz. Oline sucks and run game would keep defenses honest.

1 hour ago, youngrice said:

I mean in this case don't know if you can blame the player(maybe durability). But the guy has a 70 plus yd td vs pitt and another 70 yd run vs Balt.  Two top of the line RB D's.  He simply doesn't get the work he should in this offense.  The first offensive set just shows the issue.  They got first and 5 after penalty and passed three straight times leading to 3 and out.  Seems like Pederson just doesn't want to admit the Wentz contract was a mistake.  What he doesn't realize is he is screwing Wentz. Oline sucks and run game would keep defenses honest.

Or just throwing short to Sanders would not only just get the ball moving forward but give Wentz some confidence on completions. He's throwing 20+ long throws nearly every play. I've never seen worse undiverse play calling in ages. Even the Jets run the ball.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Or just throwing short to Sanders would not only just get the ball moving forward but give Wentz some confidence on completions. He's throwing 20+ long throws nearly every play. I've never seen worse undiverse play calling in ages. Even the Jets run the ball.

Well sanders dropping passes 2 games in a row doesn’t help. But it doesn’t mean they should move away from throwing to sanders completely.

And I hear the jets o-line isn’t even all that bad this season

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Boston Scott is clearly the better back at this point.

Obviously a jab to get a reaction, but the fact the Sanders is losing snaps to Boston Scott is telling on the type of season he is having.  

21 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Boston Scott is clearly the better back at this point.

I'm not gonna laugh at you because I know what you mean. At this point with how Pederson wants to run this offense, Scott is more effective

Talent wise? Sanders is the better overall back.

But I get your point

3 minutes ago, GChicago said:

Obviously a jab to get a reaction, but the fact the Sanders is losing snaps to Boston Scott is telling on the type of season he is having.  

The problem is that:

1. The Eagles suck so they're always behind

2. Sanders seems to have forgotten how to catch, so he can only provide limited help in a hurry up offense

3. Scott can at least catch the ball

Takeaway is, Sanders better be spending the week with the Jugs machine.  If he can get back to catching the ball well, then there's nothing Scott does that he doesn't do better.

5 minutes ago, GChicago said:

Disagree.  It's telling the king of @ssbag Pederson is.

• Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, Daytraders2019 said:

What I’ve enjoyed has been a lot of this weeks projections show Sanders as a top 5 back. Nothing I’ve seen lately would likely even put him top 10, especially with how their offense is playing. 

Which begs the question...is he a automatic start? 

It was debated on Footballers the other day, and while Mike & Jason said yes, Andy said what I was thinking...not necessarily. If you have equal or better options, you have to consider benching him.

Tough call, but after watching how bad they looked against Seattle it's a legitimate consideration. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, The G Man said:

It was debated on Footballers the other day, and while Mike & Jason said yes, Andy said what I was thinking...not necessarily. If you have equal or better options, you have to consider benching him.

Tough call, but after watching how bad they looked against Seattle it's a legitimate consideration. 

it was far and away his worst game of the season with season lows in both carries and yards.  yes, philly looked awful (and they are awful) but his worst game of the season should not be used for decision making this late into the season.  if you have equal or better options, then sure, but with rb position being such a **** show this year, guessing most owners dont have that luxury....

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, herschel said:

it was far and away his worst game of the season with season lows in both carries and yards.  yes, philly looked awful (and they are awful) but his worst game of the season should not be used for decision making this late into the season.  if you have equal or better options, then sure, but with rb position being such a **** show this year, guessing most owners dont have that luxury....

Yup. And, the week before that wasn't much better. In fact, over his last four games he's averaged 9.25 FP (in .5PPR). That's not RB2, much less RB1 #'s. That's flex, and average flex at that. 

Look, I believe in the talent. I think he's a really good RB (otherwise I wouldn't have invested a 3rd round pick on him). But, the point I'm trying to make is do you say to yourself he's an auto start because of what you've got invested in him? Because you believe talent wins out? Or, do you look to your bench for other flex-worthy type RB's to replace him with (because they're getting hot, and/or have a more favorable match-up, and/or are on a better team)? Like the Z. Moss's or JK Dobbins type of RB's. 

Bottom line, his team is dragging him down to the point where you have to at least consider it. That's all I'm saying. I probably will keep him in my lineup, but I'm having this debate with myself and I think it's valid. 

One more thing...when I drafted him I assumed/hoped he would be a feature back. Which, at times he has been. That's not where we are today though. It's a committee and Boston Scott isn't going away. Clement is somewhat less of a threat, but he's getting a series here and there. And, what happens when they turn to Jo-Ho for goal line work? 

Edited by The G Man
33 minutes ago, herschel said:

In a normal season I wouldn’t think so but this season RB has sunk so low that Jamal Williams could be a better start than M Sander depending on the matchup. 

• Like 1
On 12/2/2020 at 8:19 PM, The G Man said:

He's definitely not an automatic start. Only reason people are high on him is because how bad GB has been against RBs.

Well now, this is an interesting little diddy...

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports Eagles coach Doug Pederson is no longer calling every play on offense and could give up more responsibility moving forward. 

Per reporter Jeff McLane, Pederson has "handed the reins over" to passing game coordinator Press Taylor "several times in recent games." Pederson could give Taylor "more responsibility starting Sunday in Green Bay." Senior offensive assistant Rich Scangarello has apparently also been calling some plays in two-minute situations since the beginning of the season. 32-year-old Taylor had previously never called plays "at any level." The play-calling hasn't exactly been stellar for the Eagles, but offensive line woes and Carson Wentz's struggles remain bigger issues. This is unlikely to spark a renaissance for the final five games of the season. 

Dec 3, 2020, 9:26 PM ET

5 hours ago, The G Man said:

Well now, this is an interesting little diddy...

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports Eagles coach Doug Pederson is no longer calling every play on offense and could give up more responsibility moving forward. 

Per reporter Jeff McLane, Pederson has "handed the reins over" to passing game coordinator Press Taylor "several times in recent games." Pederson could give Taylor "more responsibility starting Sunday in Green Bay." Senior offensive assistant Rich Scangarello has apparently also been calling some plays in two-minute situations since the beginning of the season. 32-year-old Taylor had previously never called plays "at any level." The play-calling hasn't exactly been stellar for the Eagles, but offensive line woes and Carson Wentz's struggles remain bigger issues. This is unlikely to spark a renaissance for the final five games of the season. 

Dec 3, 2020, 9:26 PM ET

The reality is that they can't get any worse. Their O line sucks and so is Wentz's recent play, so it will be interesting to see if this provides any spark whatsoever for their offense. Not holding my breath...