NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miles Sanders 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, Gootz said:

The reality is that they can't get any worse. Their O line sucks and so is Wentz's recent play, so it will be interesting to see if this provides any spark whatsoever for their offense. Not holding my breath...

Yeah, but the way I read it Taylor's already been calling plays. Maybe I'm misreading or misinterpreting it, but if I'm right that could go a long ways toward explaining the inexplicable play calling. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still come back to a few things. This is a player who, after he was drafted, his GM said "We've been looking for a runner like Miles for a few years".  He then went on to have one of the greate

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Yeah, but the way I read it Taylor's already been calling plays. Maybe I'm misreading or misinterpreting it, but if I'm right that could go a long ways toward explaining the inexplicable play calling. 

Why is it not just all or nothing play calling? Nothing like rattling your coaching staff by taking away play calls during critical times. Most good coaches either call plays all the time or they just trust their staff to do so.

Pederson is going to get canned this off-season - no mistake about it. They might clean house regardless and eat whatever they have to to get rid of Wentz. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Why is it not just all or nothing play calling? Nothing like rattling your coaching staff by taking away play calls during critical times. Most good coaches either call plays all the time or they just trust their staff to do so.

Pederson is going to get canned this off-season - no mistake about it. They might clean house regardless and eat whatever they have to to get rid of Wentz. 

"BuT hE wOn A sUpErBoWl!!!!!!!111111"

Sanders is going to go off this week.  The Packers can’t stop the run and the eagles were the team to expose it last year.  Jordan Howard and Sanders ran 26 times when everyone expected the eagles to try to throw the entire game.  Peterson may seem like an idiot, but even he realizes this is the way to beat the Packers defense.

I don’t have any shares of Sanders, just a Packer fan who has watched the, enough to see this coming.

And I’m also betting the eagles and taking the points.....Packers have played worse at home, except for stomping the Bears, but that always happens

5 hours ago, The G Man said:

It’s completely ridiculous that they have THREE guys calling plays for various situations. 2 would be dumb, but to have a third call plays on SOME plays in SOME redzone sitatuations?  So none of them even call plays definitively in certain situations.  Just kinda depends I guess???  What a shi*show.  Absolutely absurd. 

11 hours ago, Cleanface said:

I think this will be a good week.  They will rely on their best playmaker, and best weapon v GB D, and roll out their new play calling w him at the forefront ROS. 

MSanders szn is upon us!!

I think so too. Benching him would be a huge mistake.  His last two games were against top 10 rushing defenses. Keep him in your lineups.  The Eagle thing to do is win this game with everyone counting them out. I think Miles bounces back in a big way.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, The G Man said:

FWIW, I heard on GMF a little while ago that is was Press Taylor (brother of Benglas HC Zac Taylor BTW) who called all of the plays in the 2nd half of the game last Monday night. 

I didn't watch the game but from what I heard, it was a lot of Boston Scott late. Is that a byproduct of the game flow OR is it a preference for Scott by Press Taylor?

6 minutes ago, CooL said:

Jordan Howard being elevated to the team is a curious and puzzling move.  Not feeling great about starting Miles this week or for rest of season.

Clement sucks and maybe they wanna shift to run heavy gameplan vs packers. Either way, **** sign regardless. They’re trying to fling crap at everything and see what sticks, but miles is far from the problem. Coaching staff last resort is to look at themselves and wentz as failures and they’re going down with the ship 

17 minutes ago, ESquared said:

I didn't watch the game but from what I heard, it was a lot of Boston Scott late. Is that a byproduct of the game flow OR is it a preference for Scott by Press Taylor?

Great question. 

1 hour ago, ESquared said:

Watched game.  Sanders had a few bad drops and Philly was in catch up mode.  Seems like they trust Scott more in those situations.  As another guy said I would give him one more week.  If he can't perform or gets limited touches vs this defense then it just isn't happening this year.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, CooL said:

Jordan Howard being elevated to the team is a curious and puzzling move.  Not feeling great about starting Miles this week or for rest of season.

just to add unnecessary stress to a made up game in which we have no control over.

18 minutes ago, Bowman said:

Playing him because of the matchup. I have faith in the player, but not the coaches. 

So that’s not helpful from a fantasy perspective. If the coach is only going to give him 8 touches a game while playing Scott and JHow too, that’s not an easy recipe for success. 
Lump Sanders into the 2020 Busts.

11 minutes ago, CooL said:

So that’s not helpful from a fantasy perspective. If the coach is only going to give him 8 touches a game while playing Scott and JHow too, that’s not an easy recipe for success. 
Lump Sanders into the 2020 Busts.

I think it’s too early to call him a bust, but usage and performance this week should be telling heading into playoffs.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, herschel said:

I think it’s too early to call him a bust, but usage and performance this week should be telling heading into playoffs.

My thoughts exactly, if he busts here at least we know to bench him throughout playoffs. 

What a complete disaster this has turned into.

Things were beautiful weeks 2-6 . And those were his toughest matchups ! how crazy is that 

• Like 1

I don’t really understand everyone calling him a bust, he’s gone under 50 total yards one time all season (last game). His numbers obviously haven’t been anything spectacular, but when he’s been active I really don’t think he’s the guy that cost anybody their matchup (aside from this past week possibly)

I definitely don’t see myself benching him anytime soon and I’ve got two Sanders teams entering playoffs.

Montgomery made the Packers running back defense look like a college JV team last week. If Sanders can't show up with some fire this week to produce, I'm done with using him this year. And Howard just activated, so now he could be ciphering snaps to Scott in passing (which makes 0 sense to me) and Howard in short yardage. I'm concerned.

Edited by TennisDude