NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miles Sanders 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

He’s a legit drop candidate for anyone in the playoffs. As mentioned a streamer D or QB is a viable option over him. I think it’s fair to assume anyone in playoffs has better options at this point. 

Im not gonna drop but he’s done for sure.  I only need two RBs, and he’s finished as my RB2.  Zeke or JTaylor from here on.  What a huge disappointment.

I really thought he would crush after he came back from injury, as did most others.  I even traded for him while he was injured and thought I got a steal.  Not many saw this coming, I know that much.  He was the “RB to target” for the second half of season per several sites. Def a bust w his ADP and expectations.  Eagles are horrid on all levels.  

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still come back to a few things. This is a player who, after he was drafted, his GM said "We've been looking for a runner like Miles for a few years".  He then went on to have one of the greate

Posted Images

Yeah this is just not going to happen this year. Sanders not getting enough touches, the offense has sucked all year (including Sanders in certain moments), Pederson having some weird love affair with howard, and now Hurts could start and possibly lead the team in rushing yards and touchdowns. 

2 minutes ago, Gfycat said:

Yeah this is just not going to happen this year. Sanders not getting enough touches, the offense has sucked all year (including Sanders in certain moments), Pederson having some weird love affair with howard, and now Hurts could start and possibly lead the team in rushing yards and touchdowns. 

Yep.  Its so frustrating because guy is a big play waiting to happen.  But the coach won't give him work.  I mean he 80 with 2tds on 11 carries va Pitt  and 118 yds vs Balt on 9 carries.  Just shows how explosive he is.  But unless pederson gets fired he is a bench right now.  So frustrating

• Like 1

Yeah, think I'm out. Not dropping but can't start him moving forward. What I'm curious about is whether the local media in Philly has been asking Pederson about the running back usage. Now the attention is going to be on Hurts vs Wentz instead too. Seeing Jordan Howard come in multiple times and seeing how they sub out/change their RBs so often sealed the deal for me. Talented player but couldn't be a worse situation. 

4 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

I bet next year he’s a draft darling. Likely a 4th or so round pick. 

He’s going to get illogically hyped. Not this high but still into the top 25.

It’s always like this with RBs that flop in the first round. They do terrible and all these circumstances get blamed. Next offseason these circumstances are apparently addressed so they again get drafted high. Then they likely flop again and it’s only now they fall down the board.

Unless there’s a coaching change and the line makes improvements I want nothing to do with him next year. 

• Like 1

Baffled by this. No continuity whatsoever with this team. I guess Goedert is the only one you can bet on. Aside from that it's just a mess. 

Sanders is a completely different person and has a completely different role coming back from injury.  It's disappointing,  especially when you see Chubb and Carson come right back and get great usage along with the other rb. Not to say he is on their level, but it just seems like the offense dosen't know what it wants to do. 

1 minute ago, CLE89 said:

What I dont understand is that he was solid for a decent stretch this season. What changed that he is now this terrible and getting no touches?

Lane Johnson got injured and now Doug  Pederson wants to be a pass heavy team with a RB committee 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Gohawks said:

He’s going to get illogically hyped. Not this high but still into the top 25.

It’s always like this with RBs that flop in the first round. They do terrible and all these circumstances get blamed. Next offseason these circumstances are apparently addressed so they again get drafted high. Then they likely flop again and it’s only now they fall down the board.

Unless there’s a coaching change and the line makes improvements I want nothing to do with him next year. 

the coaching is big one for me. If the same coaching staff is in place next season I'm staying far away from this guy. They don't seem to trust him. They picked Jordan Howard up off the street and were giving him touches instead of Sanders. 

1 hour ago, yossarian said:

the coaching is big one for me. If the same coaching staff is in place next season I'm staying far away from this guy. They don't seem to trust him. They picked Jordan Howard up off the street and were giving him touches instead of Sanders. 

Pederson is mind boggling.

Sanders has like 2 runs that don't go for 20 yards and he yanks him for some total bum. Never gives him a chance to actually establish himself or anything.

Yet he has been rolling Wentz out there as he racks up TO after TO and overthrows guys by 20 yards.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, claig34 said:

Astute observation, Miles. 

"I know I've sucked lately, so they aren't playing me"  awesome.  Have to assume this means he knows he's getting a reduced workload at least in the short term until he proves he's improved. Obvious sit next week, too bad 🙄

Edited by gotamancrushontombrady
addt'l thoughts

No more excuses for this guy. The team is a disaster but it's more than that. He has personally sucked for a few weeks now and the coaches are moving away from him as a result. Cant imagine how anyone could possibly start him this coming week. I'd rather start cordarrelle Patterson, and it's not even actually close. I'll hold, I guess, in case hes worth starting week 16 against terrible dallas. But I highly doubt it