NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miles Sanders 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still come back to a few things. This is a player who, after he was drafted, his GM said "We've been looking for a runner like Miles for a few years".  He then went on to have one of the greate

Posted Images

@Gohawks

I remember you had some great pre-draft analysis on Pederson and his refusal to use a workhorse being the result of him not having an actual workhorse level talent until Sanders. Is it safe to assume Pederson is just a complete clown with running backs after this season? I thought he finally turned the corner with some of Sanders earlier game this year.

I honestly dont understand....Wentz recd every chance to succeed....cant say the same for Miles.  Not giving him carries for much lesser backs...even back just signed a week ago is just strange.  Benched for playoffs which is crazy.  

3 hours ago, sSektor said:

@Gohawks

I remember you had some great pre-draft analysis on Pederson and his refusal to use a workhorse being the result of him not having an actual workhorse level talent until Sanders. Is it safe to assume Pederson is just a complete clown with running backs after this season? I thought he finally turned the corner with some of Sanders earlier game this year.

Yes for the most part but it’s also not black and white.

The odd thing is he was the bell cow last year. Even this year he was the bell cow until he got injured. Including playoffs and removing games he left due to injury Sanders was at 70%+ snap count in 11 out of the last 12 games entering week 11.

So it really is tough to pinpoint exactly what went wrong. However, once he came back from the knee injury everything changed. Exactly how much of it is in coaching or Sanders not being 100% and/or not being able to find the groove is in the air. Last 3 games he’s at 3 YPC. Not exactly forcing Pedersons hand.

Also, they’ve really gone away from the run game. It’s not like Scott is getting a bunch of carries. The bigger problem is Sanders isn’t getting passing down work and all they’ve done is thrown. Similar to his YPC though, he’s been dropping a lot of passes so he gets some of the blame.

All in all, in the end it’s probably that Pederson isn’t patient with RBs and punishes them too much for mistakes not that he’s not willing to use a workhorse. Similar what you see with a guy like Belichick. Either way, I want nothing to do with it going forward. 

• Like 2

Worst part is absolute brutal matchup against that Saints run D.

Sporadic usage + a big question mark with Jalen Hurts. ( NO will have some film on him & a full week to prepare )

Going off logic alone ... all points to benching him this week.

It also wouldn't surprise me if a motivated Philly team shows up. Carson Went benching was overdue 

Just wish they pulled this move weeks ago ... 

• Like 1

My great fear this week is even if they have an improved move the chains offense with Hurts, will he shrug off reads and checkdown. Usually rookies don't. I just can't see Sanders receptions climbing back up and that KILLS his value in ppr.

24 minutes ago, coleworld7 said:

Honestly as bad as he’s been I don’t think I can bench him for round 1 of playoffs after starting him all season.. ride or die time 

my thinking as well.  dance with who brought ya and hope he can somehow luck into popping a td....

I’d probably start Akers at this point over Sanders.

Hurts can be a saving grace so who knows but Saints run D is really good and they don’t use Sanders in the passing game. Not exactly a great combination. 

You're crazy if you start this guy this week, especially during the playoffs. You got here despite him, save a few weeks. He did not get you here, especially during the last month. He could have easily screwed you out of a playoff spot. The rest of your team saved you. /rant

Anything to see here or wishful thinking?

Eagles' Miles Sanders: May get more opportunities

23 hrs ago |

Eagles head coach Doug Pederson implied Wednesday that Sanders could be a greater part of the game plan Week 14 against the Saints while sharing the backfield with new starting quarterback Jalen Hurts, Geoff Mosher of 97.5 The Fanatic Philadelphia reports. "In order to get [Hurts] success, you gotta attempt and try to establish a little bit of the run game, and he can be a part of that," Pederson said of his plans for the new signal-caller.

In addition to making the run game a greater priority, Pederson also said that he would like to script in more "easy completions" for Hurts, such as screen passes. Both of those items would seem to point to Sanders picking up more work, though No. 2 running back Boston Scott likely won't disappear from the game plan either. Sanders hasn't drawn more than 10 rushes or three targets over his past two outings, so any additional touches he might get would be a welcome sight for his fantasy managers. The matchup with the Saints isn't an ideal spot for Sanders to turn in a breakout game, however, as New Orleans has allowed the fewest touchdowns and second-fewest total yards to running backs this season.

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, herschel said:

23 hrs ago |

Eagles head coach Doug Pederson implied Wednesday that Sanders could be a greater part of the game plan Week 14 against the Saints while sharing the backfield with new starting quarterback Jalen Hurts, Geoff Mosher of 97.5 The Fanatic Philadelphia reports. "In order to get [Hurts] success, you gotta attempt and try to establish a little bit of the run game, and he can be a part of that," Pederson said of his plans for the new signal-caller.

In addition to making the run game a greater priority, Pederson also said that he would like to script in more "easy completions" for Hurts, such as screen passes. Both of those items would seem to point to Sanders picking up more work, though No. 2 running back Boston Scott likely won't disappear from the game plan either. Sanders hasn't drawn more than 10 rushes or three targets over his past two outings, so any additional touches he might get would be a welcome sight for his fantasy managers. The matchup with the Saints isn't an ideal spot for Sanders to turn in a breakout game, however, as New Orleans has allowed the fewest touchdowns and second-fewest total yards to running backs this season.

Looks like a few posts that were talking about that got deleted for some reason, but consensus was nothing to see here until we see it.  Tough defense, maybe if the matchup was a little easier.

1 hour ago, herschel said:

23 hrs ago |

Pederson can f--- off.

Hope that answers your question. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, herschel said:

23 hrs ago |

image.jpeg.4aeb9e9bc61327568b82733c8b1f7dec.jpeg

We will see if Hurts Helps and does not Hurt Miles. I am starting cuz I have to but expecting a bad game. Need the obvious bench to be not so obvious this week. Doug Gase, I mean Doug Nagy, I mean Doug Fisher, I mean Doug Pederson better be nice to us that play Miles and let's him run for Miles and Miles and Miles this week.

33 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Do you consider miles a must sit this week?

kinda torn, buddy ... that Saints D is nastY

waiting for the Vegas looks before i can weigh in - but let's just say i'll be leaning the over on the Sanders props. 

• Like 1

Call me crazy, but I'm actually thinking about starting him (RB2 or Flex FWIW). My thoughts in the lead up to the game this week...

Head scratching under-utilization the last few weeks...check.

Been dropping passes more so lately...check. 

Player frustration leading to said player speaking out through social media perhaps creating a rift between said player and coaches...check.

Tough as nails match-up against a really stout defense.

Rookie QB getting his first start against said tough as nails defense...check.

Throw it all out and go against the grain and start the player that you invested a very high round draft pick on...check.

Yup, I may just do it. Sometimes you just have to ignore all the logic and go with your gut. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
20 hours ago, herschel said:

23 hrs ago |

I'm far more confident any "easy completions" or screens would go to Scott. Because apparently Miles can't handle 2-minute drills or hurry up offense based on usage.