NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miles Sanders 2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Well that read option also drags defenders after Hurts and frees up lanes too. Wentz becoming an absolute statue allowed defenses to zone in on Sanders. Sanders floor lifted quite a bit with this qb switch.

Yea well a little too late. I’m hoping they miss the playoffs so Pederson gets canned. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still come back to a few things. This is a player who, after he was drafted, his GM said "We've been looking for a runner like Miles for a few years".  He then went on to have one of the greate

Posted Images

Im more encouraged it was against a really solid defense and a run D that hasn't given up a 100-yard rusher in 55 games.

I'm less encouraged that Sanders got two rushes in the third quarter, right after his 82-yard TD basically ended the first half.

Then the Eagles ran the ball on 5 of 7 plays as a team and scored their next TD in the 4th, ending with a Sanders 1-yard run.

Crazy. It's almost like there's some correlation.

Edited by Hacksawjimduggan
2 hours ago, ehwq said:

Drafting Sanders 11th overall was the worst pick I made.

Heh, I disagree. He was a disappointment all year, but I'd be one and done in the playoffs if I'd taken any of the better year round fantasy players I passed up to take him 🙂. Two more games like this and he's a league winner, not a bust! Giddy up!! 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, the1gq2nvy said:

So I'm guessing were all starting him next week? I like the receptions and at least no more jordan howard.

Well, I'm not....but that's because I sat this dude today and am now out of the playoffs.  Serves me right.  But on paper, how could you not?  Saints hadn't allowed a 100 yard rusher in 55 games.  And this guy's usage and production was abysmal.  Then you have a rookie running QB making his first start against the #1 (or 2?) DVOA defense.  How could we have felt good about starting this guy?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, the1gq2nvy said:

So I'm guessing were all starting him next week? I like the receptions and at least no more jordan howard.

Think you have to.  But today was the perfect situation.  I  just worry when philly gets down, will they go to scott.

Edited by youngrice
1 minute ago, CooL said:

Well, I'm not....but that's because I sat this dude today and am now out of the playoffs.  Serves me right.  But on paper, how could you not?  Saints hadn't allowed a 100 yard rusher in 55 games.  And this guy's usage and production was abysmal.  Then you have a rookie running QB making his first start against the #1 (or 2?) DVOA defense.  How could we have felt good about starting this guy?

Depending on your options it was reasonable to sit Sanders.  The team I have Sanders on didn't make the playoffs, and it would've if Sanders scored at least one more point last week, among other things turning out differently.  The past few weeks were not great at all for Sanders.  Everything on paper pointed towards Sanders not doing much this week.

46 minutes ago, herschel said:

the 82 yarder was a thing of beauty, but anyone else concerned with the 13 carries for 33 yards the rest of the game?  im starting him either way, just trying to keep hopes in check for next week....

What about that he went up against the best run defense? 

I own him in two leagues and I don’t plan to play him in either. I need to see it again before I bet my season on him.  Take away the 82 yard run and he had about 33 yards on 13 carries. I get it that you can nit pick things like that almost every week but given his recent history I’m still not convinced. It just depends on the options you have I suppose. 

20 hours ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Or probably the thing I was most encouraged by, 4 catches

those are nice, but the 5 targets he got was about what he was averaging with wentz prior to weeks 12 and 13 when there was a fall out.  hoping his performance at least keeps him on the field more and the eagles ride him and hurts until the wheels fall off.  he does seem to have his better games against tough run defenses and arizona is fairly solid.  anyone wanna take a shot at a prediction for this week?

Miles Sanders vs. NFL's best D
#1 LA: 20-95 (4.8), TD, 131 total
#2 N.O.: 14-115 (8.2), 2 TD, total
#3 PITT: 11-80 (7.3), 2 TD, total
#5: SF: 13-46 (3.5), 76 total
#8: GB: 10-31 (3.1), 31 total
#10 BAL: 9-118 (13.1), 112 total
________
Total: 77-485 (6.3)
98 total yards/game

26 minutes ago, herschel said:

those are nice, but the 5 targets he got was about what he was averaging with wentz prior to weeks 12 and 13 when there was a fall out.  hoping his performance at least keeps him on the field more and the eagles ride him and hurts until the wheels fall off.  he does seem to have his better games against tough run defenses and arizona is fairly solid.  anyone wanna take a shot at a prediction for this week?

Miles Sanders vs. NFL's best D
#1 LA: 20-95 (4.8), TD, 131 total
#2 N.O.: 14-115 (8.2), 2 TD, total
#3 PITT: 11-80 (7.3), 2 TD, total
#5: SF: 13-46 (3.5), 76 total
#8: GB: 10-31 (3.1), 31 total
#10 BAL: 9-118 (13.1), 112 total
________
Total: 77-485 (6.3)
98 total yards/game

Hurts can actually throw him a catchable ball tho.  5 targets from Wentz is equivalent to like 1 real target lol. 

• Like 2
22 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

I own him in two leagues and I don’t plan to play him in either. I need to see it again before I bet my season on him.  Take away the 82 yard run and he had about 33 yards on 13 carries. I get it that you can nit pick things like that almost every week but given his recent history I’m still not convinced. It just depends on the options you have I suppose. 

You must have some sweet options. After giving Pederson the finger and showing his talent once again, he's gonna get the ball Sunday. And the read option of Hurts going one way and Sanders the other is going to simply open up lanes that Sanders NEVER saw with the brick statue of Wentz.

• Thanks 1