NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miles Sanders 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still come back to a few things. This is a player who, after he was drafted, his GM said "We've been looking for a runner like Miles for a few years".  He then went on to have one of the greate

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, ShadySandman said:

Yeah, without the 82 yard run, nobody's considering him. I have the choice between him and lockett this week and I think I have to take lockett because I can actually be excited about the Seahawks offense.

I think people are forgetting he was going against the #1 run defense  in the NFL.  He also caught 4 passes. You have to believe this is a solid trend.  I would definitely not feel comfortable playing Lockett over him but to each their own. 

I mean,  the thing is the 82 yard house call happened.  Why take it away? He also had another td. Do we take that away too?

Edited by GarrettHasTheClap
45 minutes ago, ShadySandman said:

Yeah, without the 82 yard run, nobody's considering him. I have the choice between him and lockett this week and I think I have to take lockett because I can actually be excited about the Seahawks offense.

What if you took away the big plays from all the other fantasy players every week.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It’s pretty evident this is what this guy is: he averages around 3 ypc, which isn’t good, but he’s a homerun threat.  He’s 2019 Stefon diggs at RB.  He essentially is Tyler locket.  The difference is you know he’s getting the ball, where as last year diggs or this year Lockett might get 4 targets.  I’d definitely lean sanders, but yea he might bust w 45 total yards.  Opportunity is king and he simply has more.  The opportunities also got better with Hurts needing to be accounted for.  Wilson loves Metcalf, and penny back, they will run more.  Homerun threat for sure but again give me more chances w sanders.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, ShadySandman said:

This is the most illogical reasoning. Let’s take away Lockett’s two games where he had three TDs, now he’s a WR3.

• Thanks 2
3 hours ago, gotamancrushontombrady said:

It’s pretty evident this is what this guy is: he averages around 3 ypc, which isn’t good, but he’s a homerun threat.  He’s 2019 Stefon diggs at RB.  He essentially is Tyler locket.  The difference is you know he’s getting the ball, where as last year diggs or this year Lockett might get 4 targets.  I’d definitely lean sanders, but yea he might bust w 45 total yards.  Opportunity is king and he simply has more.  The opportunities also got better with Hurts needing to be accounted for.  Wilson loves Metcalf, and penny back, they will run more.  Homerun threat for sure but again give me more chances w sanders.

Dude is currently averaging 5.7 ypc, 4th in the league.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/4045163/miles-sanders

• Thanks 1
53 minutes ago, herschel said:

Dude is currently averaging 5.7 ypc, 4th in the league.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/4045163/miles-sanders

Got to dig down on those stats Herschel my man.  Lot of 2 yard runs.  I think he had something like 115 yards vs saints, and one 70 yard run on appx 14 rushes.  (115-70)/(14-1)=~3.3, which is not great.  But, again, he’s not nick Chubb, he’s Tyler locket at RB but with more chances.  That’s all good with me.

56 minutes ago, gotamancrushontombrady said:

Got to dig down on those stats Herschel my man.  Lot of 2 yard runs.  I think he had something like 115 yards vs saints, and one 70 yard run on appx 14 rushes.  (115-70)/(14-1)=~3.3, which is not great.  But, again, he’s not nick Chubb, he’s Tyler locket at RB but with more chances.  That’s all good with me.

You are correct.  If you take out all of his long runs and only use his three yard runs, then his ypc would be around 3

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 6

Really confused, I’m trying to make the case sanders should be played over Lockett, now everyone’s throwing free candy van memes?  My point is you take the good with the bad with sanders and play him.  He’s not going to actually get 5.7 yards per tote if you watch the game, but he’s as likely as any of the best to bust a 40+yard td, so you play him.  Lotta grinches in here today.

1 hour ago, herschel said:

You are correct.  If you take out all of his long runs and only use his three yard runs, then his ypc would be around 3

Had to go back and check where this thread went south.  This was the error, as it started with you saying he’s got nearly 6 ypc, I said look closer before you gloss over, and you got defensive.  I’ll gladly take his home runs, but he’s still boom bust.  No need to get snide about it.

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, gotamancrushontombrady said:

4 hours ago, gotamancrushontombrady said:
3 hours ago, gotamancrushontombrady said:

Had to go back and check where this thread went south.  This was the error, as it started with you saying he’s got nearly 6 ypc, I said look closer before you gloss over, and you got defensive.  I’ll gladly take his home runs, but he’s still boom bust.  No need to get snide about it.

buddy, this went south when you claimed he averages around 3 ypc.  check your stats before posting them.  he does average 5.7 ypc.  that is a fact, not a made up assumption...

What are you guys even arguing? Sanders has been really solid outside of a few duds and is capable of breaking off huge plays, even with subpar line & QB play. His arrow is finally pointing up again coming off a 100 yard performance vs the freaking Saints of all teams who hadn’t allowed a 100 yard rusher in 45 games? It wasn’t a coincidence that he had his best game with Hurts under center. As a diehard Eagle fan Wentz had lost the locker room and the team simply no longer believed in him. It’s the exact opposite with Hurts and I will guarantee that the Eagles play much more inspired football with him under center. Couple that with his ability to beat teams with his legs, it adds an extra  dimension to the Eagles offense and opens things up for Miles. The Cardinals are decent on defense but they’re no Saints and barring injury I think he’s in line for a really nice take.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, CrastersCreep said:

What are you guys even arguing? Sanders has been really solid outside of a few duds and is capable of breaking off huge plays, even with subpar line & QB play. His arrow is finally pointing up again coming off a 100 yard performance vs the freaking Saints of all teams who hadn’t allowed a 100 yard rusher in 45 games? It wasn’t a coincidence that he had his best game with Hurts under center. As a diehard Eagle fan Wentz had lost the locker room and the team simply no longer believed in him. It’s the exact opposite with Hurts and I will guarantee that the Eagles play much more inspired football with him under center. Couple that with his ability to beat teams with his legs, it adds an extra  dimension to the Eagles offense and opens things up for Miles. The Cardinals are decent on defense but they’re no Saints and barring injury I think he’s in line for a really nice take.

Make that 55 games. Still. I am starting with confidence.

Definitely playing. Every game at Arizona this season has been a slot machine of points. Murray either scores mega fast or turns it over fast. lol Sanders is gonna get a bajillion opportunities in this game to break one of his big ones. With Hurts in read option, there will be holes. 

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

They have been banged up all year, nothing has changed.

As an interesting aside the Eagles signed an OL, Ross Piersbacher, who was Jalen Hurts college Olineman for a few years so that familiarity should bode well.

Except that they’ve been getting more banged up lol

2 hours ago, MrPositive said:

Definitely playing. Every game at Arizona this season has been a slot machine of points. Murray either scores mega fast or turns it over fast. lol Sanders is gonna get a bajillion opportunities in this game to break one of his big ones. With Hurts in read option, there will be holes. 

While I agree. Sanders hasnt faced Isiah Simmons and Budda Baker this year, they are athletic enough to shoot the gaps faster than most people realize