NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miles Sanders 2020 Outlook

Reading between the lines, I think Sanders really wanted the switch to Hurts made weeks ago. Whether he's just not a Carson Wentz fan, or he saw what we were all seeing (that Carson looked lost and needed to be benched) he seems energized with Hurts playing. I think they have a rapport already, and I think it only grows. Excited to see what he does today, but I'm not at all afraid of the match-up. My only concern is his usage or volume. But, after last week how can Pederson even think about deviating? 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still come back to a few things. This is a player who, after he was drafted, his GM said "We've been looking for a runner like Miles for a few years".  He then went on to have one of the greate

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

While I agree. Sanders hasnt faced Isiah Simmons and Budda Baker this year, they are athletic enough to shoot the gaps faster than most people realize

Let em shoot the gaps all they want. They still have to pick between tackling Hurts or Sanders on the read option.

Saints whiffed one time and Sanders took it 70 yards to the house. That's the difference for the eagles rushing attack at this point.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
6 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Let em shoot the gaps all they want. They still have to pick between tackling Hurts or Sanders on the read option.

Saints whiffed one time and Sanders took it 70 yards to the house. That's the difference for the eagles rushing attack at this point.

Exactly, and outside of that 70 yd run his day was just above average. Dont allow the long run today, and he is going to need a TD to be the RB1 we want

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

2 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Exactly, and outside of that 70 yd run his day was just above average. Dont allow the long run today, and he is going to need a TD to be the RB1 we want

Ahem, it was actually an 82 yard TD run.

Just sayin'...

21 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Cause the Cards D is better than NO?

Cards give up 4.5 ypc and Sanders avg over 5 ypc. Take that how you want.

He had a nice 26 yd catch in the first quarter and they made zero effort to get him involved in the passing game after.  Also had it 1st and 10 on the 11 game on the line and they didnt run once. Two hurts sacks later and ballgame.  Pederson is an idiot. 

3 hours ago, KB24MVP said:

Puh really don’t know if I should fire him up next week in the final. So inconsistent 

In theory, he should have a huge week vs Dallas then.

5 hours ago, brosephd said:

can we get some dumpoff screens, sweeps/tosses, or something other than up the gut?

Hurts is just slinging the ball, not looking for any easy throws at all. Doesn’t look like a QB that will be dumping it off.

Can’t be mad at 90 total yards. His usage against a somewhat tough opponent is encouraging, and if you lost your semifinal game I don’t think it was directly because of Sanders. If you advanced, you have to be licking your chops with Dallas on the slate next week. 

• Like 4

Blowup spot.. Hurts makes this offense hum. He had several carries in close last game but unable to convert. 120/2 total yards/TDs wouldn’t surprise.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On November 30, 2020 at 8:59 PM, mrfrood said:

I am looking forward to Tuesday and hearing that Pederson has been fired. 

On November 30, 2020 at 9:03 PM, youngrice said:

Has super bowl win.  No chance.

That didn't age well.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Love sanders as an offseason buy low in dynasty. New coach/new offense presumably catered to Jalen Hurts’ running ability should have his arrow pointing up big time.

Probably going to be a rocky start.  Firing Ped. suggests they like Wentz (or know they are stuck with his contract).  They'd need a QB whisperer to turn Wentz around.  Consequently, expect Sanders to start slow.  I agree he's a buy low, because he could blow up once they fix/move on from Wentz.  Additionally, if Derek Henry can work on his pass catching, every reason to think Sander will be better in that area too.  Value seems low with him missing week 17, firing ped., a lot of disfunction right now, but they have a ton of weapons.  Fingers crossed they invest in O-line.

12 hours ago, mrfrood said:

That didn't age well.

Lol.  That was from November 30th way before he put in Sudfield in a 3 pt game on national tv.  Good job guy.  You must feel so good about yourself.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, youngrice said:

Lol.  That was from November 30th way before he put in Sudfield in a 3 pt game on national tv.  Good job guy.  You must feel so good about yourself.

The point is that Pederson is trash and lucked out with a Super Bowl win. It is good that the Eagles did not care about this. 

Even prior to this Sudfield bs, Pederson was horrible. Wentz should have been benched early on. Wentz played like a poor mans Jameis Winston version 2019.

I don't feel good about myself after seeing Pederson continue to use that flea Boston Scott over Sanders so much earlier in the year. 

• 2 weeks later...