NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miles Sanders 2020 Outlook

3 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

What's the deal?

Siriani is a committed RBBC coach?

Siriani was OC in Indy.  Throughout the season the season JT would get 7 runs in the first quarter, then disappear until the start of the 4th.  Sounds hyperbolic, but look it up.  Reich came out and admitted he planned the first 15 plans (meaning he planned on JT), then OC takes overs from there.  That means Siriani was the one benching JT for Hines and Wilkins.  I'm not saying the coaching was wise or stupid, just unpredictable.  Now in Philly, and with a potential cadre of backs with various skill sets, Sanders appears less likely to get a workhorse - or even clearly defined - role at least to start the season.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still come back to a few things. This is a player who, after he was drafted, his GM said "We've been looking for a runner like Miles for a few years".  He then went on to have one of the greate

Posted Images

9 hours ago, gotamancrushontombrady said:

Sarinni (?)

Nick Sirianni.

PHILADELPHIA -- The Philadelphia Eagles are nearing a deal to hire Nick Sirianni to be their head coach, according to two people familiar with the decision.

Sirianni was the offensive coordinator for the Indianapolis Colts the past three seasons. He worked under coach Frank Reich, who was offensive coordinator in Philadelphia when the Eagles won the Super Bowl three years ago.

On 1/21/2021 at 9:24 PM, gotamancrushontombrady said:

Siriani was OC in Indy.  Throughout the season the season JT would get 7 runs in the first quarter, then disappear until the start of the 4th.  Sounds hyperbolic, but look it up.  Reich came out and admitted he planned the first 15 plans (meaning he planned on JT), then OC takes overs from there.  That means Siriani was the one benching JT for Hines and Wilkins.  I'm not saying the coaching was wise or stupid, just unpredictable.  Now in Philly, and with a potential cadre of backs with various skill sets, Sanders appears less likely to get a workhorse - or even clearly defined - role at least to start the season.

They eventually did give JT the workhorse role down the stretch. Scott kind of caps his upside because he's pretty good. Sanders is a very good RB2. Very similar to Mixon in that I dont think we will see the major upside that we know he's capable of.

Not sure where to put this or ask this, but...

NBC Philadelphia's John Clark reports Eagles assistant head coach Duce Staley has requested to be released from his contract.

Staley has been continually passed over for promotions by the Eagles and has seemingly grown tired of waiting. He was not interviewed for Philly's OC vacancy last year and after Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie named him as an HC candidate this year, the team passed on him for that job and their vacant OC job once again. Staley has been with the Eagles for a decade. Eagles players raved about Staley and he will be a hot name for teams to bring on as a staffer but maybe not as an OC. He reportedly has numerous to explore this offseason.

I assume Duce had a hand in the RB room.  Usage could look totally different next year, but yeah, if the new HC was one running a RBBC in Indy, it's likely more of the same at least in the beginning unless Miles separates himself from Scott.  I'm not really sure if he did this year.

And as an aside, why does Duce need to ask out of his contract?  So if a team approached him to be the head coach or OC, he is automatically released from his contract?  Would the Eagles have to get any compensation?  All these coaches that get hired and promotions, we never hear of what the old team gets for it.  Basically nothing?  Just the recognition that the team is doing something right and that's why all the assistants are getting poached?  But didn't the Patriots send a first round pick (amongst others) to the Jets to get Belichick?  

11 hours ago, CooL said:

Not sure where to put this or ask this, but...

I assume Duce had a hand in the RB room.  Usage could look totally different next year, but yeah, if the new HC was one running a RBBC in Indy, it's likely more of the same at least in the beginning unless Miles separates himself from Scott.  I'm not really sure if he did this year.

And as an aside, why does Duce need to ask out of his contract?  So if a team approached him to be the head coach or OC, he is automatically released from his contract?  Would the Eagles have to get any compensation?  All these coaches that get hired and promotions, we never hear of what the old team gets for it.  Basically nothing?  Just the recognition that the team is doing something right and that's why all the assistants are getting poached?  But didn't the Patriots send a first round pick (amongst others) to the Jets to get Belichick?  

Maybe there is language in the contract that if someone is offered a promotion of some kind, for example an OC is offered a head coaching position, that person is able to walk away from it.

Edited by ccimore

The coaches do not need to be released if they are offered an equivalent role elsewhere, in fact the team can deny them even interviewing if it's a lateral move. But if it's a promotion, they are allowed to interview and leave. Sounds like Duce doesn't have anything directly lined up, hence him asking to be released.