NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miles Sanders 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still come back to a few things. This is a player who, after he was drafted, his GM said "We've been looking for a runner like Miles for a few years".  He then went on to have one of the greate

Posted Images

How do you all view him in Standard? I struggled putting him over Mixon/Jacobs due to their incredible carry floor, definite GL work, and at least whispers of an increased role in the pass game, but he's creeping closer to being ahead of them for me. All of these quotes from Staley/Pederson have me drinking the kool-aid, I just hope they don't sign a FA RB like Freeman/Crowell that would possibly garner some GL touches. No other FA RB's scare me in the slightest.

Edited by Olliemets
10 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

How do you all view him in Standard? I struggled putting him over Mixon/Jacobs due to their incredible carry floor, definite GL work, and at least whispers of an increased role in the pass game, but he's creeping closer to being ahead of them for me. All of these quotes from Staley/Pederson have me drinking the kool-aid, I just hope they don't sign a FA RB like Freeman/Crowell that would possibly garner some GL touches. No other FA RB's scare me in the slightest.

I’m struggling with this also. Right now I have him behind Mixon and Jacobs but ahead of Chubb, Drake, and CEH. How do you rank these six?

11 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

I think that since Doug Pederson has always used a RBBC, it is scaring some people off but this guy is going to be a weapon for Philly, will crush it in the receiving game.

I do recall a lot of Philly fans saying he had terrible vision last season though, any truth to that?

He struggled running inside earlier in the season. Was indecisive and danced too much. But he was more comfortable later in the season and the team did a better job of calling plays that suit his skill set. I liken him to CMC. I don't think he will ever be an elite RB between the tackles, but he is multi-faceted and can do damage in a lot of different ways and still be effective between the tackles.

12 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

I’m struggling with this also. Right now I have him behind Mixon and Jacobs but ahead of Chubb, Drake, and CEH. How do you rank these six?

Before the injury I had it CEH-Sanders-Mixon-Jacobs-Drake-Chubb. Now, who knows.

Even if he's available week 1, I'm now confident they're gonna scoop up Freeman. If that happens, I think he pushes to the back of the list, maybe still slightly ahead of Chubb.

1 hour ago, scheibler said:

Think I'm going to take him #6 overall in PPR. Hopefully this isn't just coach speak. My main worry is Scott stealing too many looks

spacer.png

55 minutes ago, Mustangt125 said:

Tweet from Bo Wulf: Big injury news today is Miles Sanders "week to week" with lower body injury.  No Boston Scott today, so Cory Clement working with the 1s

f---*ng hell

spacer.png

• Like 2

Barring receiving pessimistic specific news on this injury folks still should target Sanders.  This will prevent his ADP from creeping up more.  As a second year, three down back who catches passes and has the full support of his coaching staff I'm all aboard Sanders in the mid to late first.  I don't know what more skeptics needed to see from Sanders for his ADP to creep up but this injury will keep it lower. Scott won't be a major concern.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, YoungDro said:

Barring receiving pessimistic specific news on this injury folks still should target Sanders.  This will prevent his ADP from creeping up more.  As a second year, three down back who catches passes and has the full support of his coaching staff I'm all aboard Sanders in the mid to late first.  I don't know what more skeptics needed to see from Sanders for his ADP to creep up but this injury will keep it lower. Scott won't be a major concern.

Scott only stands about 5'6" so odds are that if Sanders does miss time, they will likely sign someone like Freeman or it will be a committee of Corey Clement and Scott.

8 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Scott only stands about 5'6" so odds are that if Sanders does miss time, they will likely sign someone like Freeman or it will be a committee of Corey Clement and Scott.

MJD 5'7

Ray Rice 5'8

Let me guess your crowning CEH's a**????

Well he's 5'7

2 hours ago, Mustangt125 said:

Tweet from Bo Wulf: Big injury news today is Miles Sanders "week to week" with lower body injury.  No Boston Scott today, so Cory Clement working with the 1s

f---*ng hell

They’re just resting him. I’d do the same thing if I was coaching a better version of Barry Sanders.

• Haha 1
52 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Wasnt he the bell cow and scored like 3 tds in a game last season?

Back to miles, dude is way over drafted. Already injured and boston scott is gonna take more snaps than you think, the man is sproles 2.0.

10 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Back to miles, dude is way over drafted. Already injured and boston scott is gonna take more snaps than you think, the man is sproles 2.0.

That was one game out of necessity because they didn't have time to sign anyone and get them prepared.  If Sanders misses games, I guarantee that it will be a committee of Scott/Clement or Scott/whomever else they sign.  Scott is more of a third down back.

1 hour ago, sjm76 said:

That was one game out of necessity because they didn't have time to sign anyone and get them prepared.  If Sanders misses games, I guarantee that it will be a committee of Scott/Clement or Scott/whomever else they sign.  Scott is more of a third down back.

It was actually a game Sanders left due to injury and two of those TDs were from a yard out. He averaged 2.8 YPC in that game. Sanders was at 5.8 YPC during the same game and at over 50 yards through basically one quarter before he got hurt. That tells you everything you need to know about the talent difference. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, nmartinez12443 said:

This is an extremely bad take mainly because it's based on nothing and all the data contradicts it. Sanders had 5 weeks after Jordan Howard left the picture (excluding week 17 where he got hurt). He had 70%+ snap count in 4 of those 5 and 80%+ in 3 of those 5. 

Scott was also never a bell cow. In fact, he was never even close to being a bellcow. I honestly don't know where you can draw that conclusion from. The only time Scott broke 50% snap count was when Sanders got injured. Other than that game he only managed to crack double digit carries in one other game (exactly 10 carries). In the playoff game Sanders got over 70% snaps and Scott was at 30%. Keep in mind, this is a game that Sanders status was up in air until pretty much game time because of the injury he suffered in week 17. He still dominated the snap count despite of it in the most important game of the season. 

Scott is not a very good runner. Can he catch the ball? Sure he has shown flashes. However, so what if he steals some 3rd down work? Cook has Mattison, Jacobs has Richards, Kamara has Murray, Chubb has Hunt, Mixon has Bernard, Jones has Willians and Dillon, and the list goes on. Pretty much everyone outside of Zeke, Barkley, and CMC has someone that will be pretty annoying at one point or another. Sanders is going to get around 70%-80% which is still bellcow status and more than enough to give him a damn good shot at a top 5 finish with his ability to catch passes.

Edited by Gohawks