Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aaron Rodgers 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

On 10/6/2020 at 12:40 PM, lolcopter said:

 

 

Glad somebody is giving this podcast some love. One of the best football related podcasts out there, in large part because of the Aaron Rodgers sessions. The first one they did this season was the best. AJ was trolling Rodgers on broing up with LeFleur and got Rodgers to break. So funny. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You need to stop doing this. You don't make yourself look bigger by trying to look down on people.

The real MVP

Posted Images

To pile on here, the referees reversed the TD he scored by ruling him down by contact just short. Even though no one on Tampa Bay actually contacted him, which would seem to make the point moot. Don't get that one.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2020 at 7:59 PM, Jericho said:

To pile on here, the referees reversed the TD he scored by ruling him down by contact just short. Even though no one on Tampa Bay actually contacted him, which would seem to make the point moot. Don't get that one.


I’m still pissed about that reversed call. In what world is that not a TD? I honestly don’t get it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He wasn't ruled down by contact.  When a QB runs, the moment they "give up" on a play, either by feet first or head first slides, they are considered down.  So really, instead of diving, Rodgers should have sacked up and ran it in, and took the hit.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/04/nfl-rules-will-now-treat-head-first-dives-like-feet-first-slides/

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, herschel said:

thoughts on this week at houston?  bounce back game or free fall continues?

Should be a bounce back game, it should be high scoring on both sides.  I didn't watch last game but it seems like TB defense is legit this year.

Edited by ZappB
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, herschel said:

thoughts on this week at houston?  bounce back game or free fall continues?

Easy bounce back game. Last week was a classic trap game. Coming off a bye, playing in hot weather, and facing a tenacious defense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, herschel said:

thoughts on this week at houston?  bounce back game or free fall continues?

 

7 hours ago, ZappB said:

Should be a bounce back game, it should be high scoring on both sides.  I didn't watch last game but it seems like TB defense is legit this year.

 

14 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Easy bounce back game. Last week was a classic trap game. Coming off a bye, playing in hot weather, and facing a tenacious defense. 

 

Assuming the O-line actually shows up, I fully expect he/they will bounce back. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Packers have maintained their interest in trading for Texans WR Will Fuller.

The Packers chose not to select a receiver in the draft this year but are now in the market with their 2021 draft picks. Fuller is on pace for 1,120 yards and 11 touchdowns this year. He has taken a major step forward with DeAndre Hopkins out of the picture and it's hard to imagine Houston parting ways with him for less than a first-round pick. Houston doesn't have their own first next year so a trade to acquire someone else's could make sense for them. Fuller would likely see fewer targets while playing alongside Davante Adams but pairing his downfield speed with Aaron Rodgers' arm is a terrifying thought for opposing defenses. 

Nov 1, 2020, 9:32 AM ET
  •  

tenor.gif?itemid=7897911

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZappB said:

Another great game.  I feel like I'm the only one on this forum who's excited having him on my team 😂

Nahh, I think it's more of an expectation of him delivering every week and having nothing to discuss.  Still appalled that I got him in round 12 of a 14 team league, lol.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

just got on this Arod train, and I'm excited.  It seems to me that with Davante back, he's totally happy to air it the f*** out, especially in the red zone.  and on the goal line. And with Lazard coming back, and with the Vikings making a little push, it seems that this dude has a pretty safe floor.

 

What are our expectations ROS?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RyanksN said:

High winds expected 25 mph with gusts up to 50....just curious if anyone is going with another option.  Tough call since Arod is playing at mvp level.

I'm sticking with Rodgers.  The only decent streamers available for me are Bridgewater, Mullens, Stafford, Carr, Mayfield, Cousins, or Luton.  The only ones I'd really trust are Carr and Stafford.  Still, I'd rather take my chances with Rodgers than be too cute this week.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GeneralTsou said:

How do we feel this week against the elite Colts defense?  Anyone actually benching him for a streamer with a better matchup? [...]

I'm still rolling with Rodgers.  He brought us this far, I'm not going to jump ship now even though he had that crappy game against TB.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 I'm rolling with him...Colts have a solid D but have they really played a top end passing O?

1- Jac- Not Scary

2- Min- Run first

3-NYJ - Ha

4-Chi- HaHa

5-Cle- Lol

6-Cin- Ok, Burrow went for 313 and 1 Rush TD

7-Bye

8-Det -Best pass attach faced, Stafford 336 and 3 TD

9-Bal-Run Only

10- Ten- Run 1st

 

The only legit passing attack was Det and Stafford went for 336 and 3 TD.  Other than that IND has faced bottom of the barrel pass attacks and teams that would rather run the ball all game.  I do think the Colt are a respectable unit but I dont see them as being a top 5 pass D as their current numbers show.  With Arod playing at an MVP level it's hard to bench him unless you got Mahomes as your other QB.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, RyanksN said:

 I'm rolling with him...Colts have a solid D but have they really played a top end passing O?

1- Jac- Not Scary

2- Min- Run first

3-NYJ - Ha

4-Chi- HaHa

5-Cle- Lol

6-Cin- Ok, Burrow went for 313 and 1 Rush TD

7-Bye

8-Det -Best pass attach faced, Stafford 336 and 3 TD

9-Bal-Run Only

10- Ten- Run 1st

 

The only legit passing attack was Det and Stafford went for 336 and 3 TD.  Other than that IND has faced bottom of the barrel pass attacks and teams that would rather run the ball all game.  I do think the Colt are a respectable unit but I dont see them as being a top 5 pass D as their current numbers show.  With Arod playing at an MVP level it's hard to bench him unless you got Mahomes as your other QB.

 

Yeah, I checked out the same thing. ARod is playing elite level football. Already matched his TD's from last season. He's on a tear.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...