NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aaron Rodgers 2020 Outlook

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You need to stop doing this. You don't make yourself look bigger by trying to look down on people.

The real MVP

Posted Images

[...]

He's had a couple stinker games but WTF do you expect.  EVERYBODY wrote him off before drafts.

He'll throw for 250 and 3TD's tonight, maybe run one in.  I expect tonight's game to have plenty of points.

[...]

I'm not worried.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

I gotta say, going back to page 1 of this thread and re-reading some of the comments makes for some good comedy.  Getting to draft Rodgers in round 8 was probably numero uno in why I got the chip.  People really underestimated the impact that getting rid of Danica would make.  Thank you Mr. 2020 MVP.

• Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...

So I put this in the game thread but...

Rodgers is a HOFer and Regular Season Stud but 1-4 in championships games.  At what point does he start to get the Peyton Manning treatment of not delivering in the big game? 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

Rodgers is a HOFer and Regular Season Stud but 1-4 in championships games.  At what point does he start to get the Peyton Manning treatment of not delivering in the big game? 

No because he throws a very aesthetically pleasing spiral and makes commercials. That's worth like 4 superbowls on its own if you're from Wisconsin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I was really surprised in the final series on 2nd or 3rd down with like 4 yards to rush for the td if memory serves why did he not try to rush it in himself? I will never understand that fg kick call with a little over 2 min to go down 8. 

45 minutes ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

"The Peyton Manning" treatment. He'd be lucky to be considered in the same playoff class as Peyton Manning.

Rodgers is more like a Matt Ryan in the playoffs.

I love Rodgers. He’s been my favorite player since he took over in GB. But I’ll neither build him up nor take anything away from him. 

Brady is far and away the best ever. I can’t stand him. But I acknowledge it as reality.  Somewhere below that is a tier that has guys like Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Elway, etc in it.  All Hall of Famers. And I’m fine with that.  I’m not going to spend a lot of time debating his place on the list.  I’ve got 2021 to worry about! 😉

• Like 1
19 hours ago, isuckatdfs said:

I was really surprised in the final series on 2nd or 3rd down with like 4 yards to rush for the td if memory serves why did he not try to rush it in himself? I will never understand that fg kick call with a little over 2 min to go down 8. 

Spot on on both counts.

I was and still am equally perplexed.

10 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Spot on on both counts.

I was and still am equally perplexed.

The first question has an easy answer. ARod has been force feeding Adams at all costs the entire season. Again, Adams had more red zone targets than every single WR combined on some teams. He wasn't even considering running or throwing to anyone but Adams in the red zone yesterday. 

As for the decision to kick the field goal.... coaches are dumb. I have no other explanation. 

After listening to his post game interview last night, i'm pretty sure he wants out and we've most likely seen him in the Packers jersey for the last time.  The Packers front office will probably be getting a lot of calls from interested parties in the coming weeks.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, kdko said:

After listening to his post game interview last night, i'm pretty sure he wants out and we've most likely seen him in the Packers jersey for the last time.  The Packers front office will probably be getting a lot of calls from interested parties in the coming weeks.

I think you heard a guy deflated due to a loss at home where he had his sights set on a Super Bowl. I’d be more interested to see how he feels in a week or two. Due to salary cap scenario there is substantial savings trading him after late June according to espn. So I think this might never amount to anything anytime soon. Guy was sad that he didn’t make a Super Bowl and there were things he and his coach could have done differently to change the outcome. 

Aaron Rodgers is a big-game choker.

He doesn't have the mental toughness or the fire to win. 

In big games, he's ok with "Well I did my part"....instead of going above and beyond to will his team to victory.

What a disappointing career relative to his talent. He could have been so much more...but nope. It's all over.

This guy has only made ONE Super Bowl? Like, seriously? ONE???????

• Haha 2
19 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

In big games, he's ok with "Well I did my part"....instead of going above and beyond to will his team to victory.

What a disappointing career relative to his talent. He could have been so much more...but nope. It's all over.

Let's check out the list of QBs who have won more Super Bowls than Aaron Rodgers since he became a starter. Ahem...

Tom Brady.

The end.

I know you're just trying to provoke people, but you're not very good at this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
22 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

Aaron is upset cause they didnt draft another weapon for him. If im him...im OUT

11 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Let's check out the list of QBs who have won more Super Bowls than Aaron Rodgers since he became a starter. Ahem...

Tom Brady.

The end.

I know you're just trying to provoke people, but you're not very good at this. 

1 Super Bowl appearance.

37 years old.

Nearing the end.

Anyways, this Bucs-Pack game is the classic example of a QB's statline not telling the whole story.

Look at Brady's statline. Look at Rodgers' statline.

Rodgers had the much better statline.

Brady was the better QB.

Why?

1) Who dictated the tempo/flow? Brady

2) Who was better at Situational Football? Brady

Today, nobody is talking about the fact that Rodgers put up a much better statline than Brady; everybody is talking about the fact that Brady BEAT Rodgers head2head. QBs are judged on Winning, in the long run, over the long term.

You're a casual fan so you won't understand that tho.