Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Bryan Edwards 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What about week 2?

Drafted this guy late on two teams because of this thread. Thanks 👍

Sounds like red zone potential.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Spina said:

Edwards returning to the Carolinas for his NFL Debut - combined with everything else - has me seriously considering giving him the start (3WRs/Flex -- own Ruggs too).

Can't shake this feeling of him having one of those debuts that has everyone talking come Monday.

 

Taking this over to Asst. Coach: Edwards vs. Ruggs

I want to start him over Boyd in one league. I’m a pretty decent favorite so I’ll probably play it safe, but man it sure is tempting. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

Someone just blew $45 of $100 FAAB in my league. The hype is real. 

 Can you see what the next bid was on your platform?  On Yahoo go to League, scroll down to Recent Transactions, and click FAB Offers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fawkes_mulder said:

With $0 bids, nothing is an overpay (except kickers, defenses, no upside replacements). Otherwise, get your man. You will always be more disappointed if you really want someone and you start penny pinching and miss your guy.

Of course. But 45 bucks spent for him I would even say is stupid....

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Of course. But 45 bucks spent for him I would even say is stupid....

Not if the dude really wanted to have him. Likely there were other bids as well.

If someone offered me faab for edwards, I wouldn't exactly be interested to trade edwards for the faab. Depends on whether $0 bids, total budget (is total budget 100? 300? we don't know), depth of the league, etc. Number of factors.

But I think good chance Edwards is a 1k receiver if he plays all 16 games, same with Ruggs. If I'm looking at my roster and WR is weak and Edwards is on the wire, I'm gonna make a bid that I think I will reasonably beat everybody else.

I've spent $300 on a player (300 budget) before due to an ACL tear and guaranteed new starting RB. I preferred the RB2 to the auction budget for the rest of the year.

Was worth it. Some other guys bid over 200.

Edited by fawkes_mulder
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fawkes_mulder said:

Not if the dude really wanted to have him. Likely there were other bids as well.

If someone offered me faab for edwards, I wouldn't exactly be interested to trade edwards for the faab. Depends on whether $0 bids, total budget (is total budget 100? 300? we don't know), depth of the league, etc. Number of factors.

But I think good chance Edwards is a 1k receiver if he plays all 16 games, same with Ruggs. If I'm looking at my roster and WR is weak and Edwards is on the wire, I'm gonna make a bid that I think I will reasonably beat everybody else.

I've spend $300 on a player (300 budget) before due to an ACL tear and chance for new RB1.

 

Gonna be tough since Carr is perennial 4K Yards QB.

Pencil in Waller for 1,000

Jacobs / Richard for 700

Renfrow for 700

Ancillary pieces 300

1.2K yards left for Ruggs and Edwards...they will have to come from the ancillary pieces, Renfrow, or Waller....

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

 

Gonna be tough since Carr is perennial 4K Yards QB.

Pencil in Waller for 1,000

Jacobs / Richard for 700

Renfrow for 700

Ancillary pieces 300

1.2K yards left for Ruggs and Edwards...they will have to come from the ancillary pieces, Renfrow, or Waller....

I don't think you can pencil waller in for 1k anymore.

1k+ ruggs

1k+ edwards

700 waller

I'll give you 700 renfrow

running backs, WR4/5/6, TE2 all 1k-1200 ish

Carr passes for 4500-4600.  My estimates

Edited by fawkes_mulder
Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree, I think Waller is a baller for sure. But the Carr basically force fed him the ball last year with very little other options at his disposal. I"m going to put in a bid for Edwards but not sure how much. Do you guys give him priority over the likes of James Robinson and Jalen Reagor?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, fawkes_mulder said:

I don't think you can pencil waller in for 1k anymore.

1k+ ruggs

1k+ edwards

700 waller

I'll give you 700 renfrow

running backs, WR4/5/6, TE2 all 1k-1200 ish

Carr passes for 4500-4600.  My estimates

Where do you have Carr ranked among your quarterbacks?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Waller and Ruggs are going to be the guys.

Edwards will have a great season, but I think those who are saying "Wallers not going to get anywhere close to what he got last year" are clearly confused.

 

Waller is their best player, and is going to be a lock for at least 75-850-4 line IMO...and I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him go for 80-1000-5.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CORTEz said:

Waller and Ruggs are going to be the guys.

Edwards will have a great season, but I think those who are saying "Wallers not going to get anywhere close to what he got last year" are clearly confused.

 

Waller is their best player, and is going to be a lock for at least 75-850-4 line IMO...and I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him go for 80-1000-5.

 

If we're talking end zone targets and throwing up jump balls, jump balls against the sideline are a lot less risky than jump balls in the middle of the end zone.  So I actually give the edge for TDs to Bryan Edwards if he maintains the starting job the entire way and neither are injured.

Carr is talking about trust and throwing it up for his receiver.  He's going to give him a chance to make a play on the ball.  You throw it high so if the receiver doesn't come down with it, odds are it goes out of bounds.

Waller had a lot of yardage but TDs were underwhelming comparatively.  Feels like that was due to the specific way they were using him, and that might not necessarily change enough this year to make it into 10+ TD range (not saying it can't happen, just, I don't just magically expect usage to change unless I see some kind of evidence in that regard).

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Where do you have Carr ranked among your quarterbacks?

10-12 ish. Think will put up 4500, maybe 26 td, with no real rushing contribution.

Kinda wild that I think that's a backend QB1 hahaha...such a passing league now...

Those are like early career peyton manning numbers back in indy!

Yahoo has him projected as the #25 QB on the season which is the biggest whiff projection I've seen. They have Burrow #10. I'd be comfortable with a straight swap on those projections.

Derek Carr isn't elite but damn he's one of the most underrated QBs I've ever seen. 100.8 rating last year with GARBAGE. Now has some talent.

Edited by fawkes_mulder
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Robrain said:

 

If we're talking end zone targets and throwing up jump balls, jump balls against the sideline are a lot less risky than jump balls in the middle of the end zone.  So I actually give the edge for TDs to Bryan Edwards if he maintains the starting job the entire way and neither are injured.

Carr is talking about trust and throwing it up for his receiver.  He's going to give him a chance to make a play on the ball.  You throw it high so if the receiver doesn't come down with it, odds are it goes out of bounds.

Waller had a lot of yardage but TDs were underwhelming comparatively.  Feels like that was due to the specific way they were using him, and that might not necessarily change enough this year to make it into 10+ TD range (not saying it can't happen, just, I don't just magically expect usage to change unless I see some kind of evidence in that regard).

 

To me, Waller is a prime candidate to go for 900-1100 yards as a TE, as he had an insane season last year, and everyone knew Carr was going to throw to him. Now that they have weapons, I feel like there's going to be less attention on Waller. He's definitely not going to fizzle out.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fawkes_mulder said:

12 ish. Think will put up 4500, maybe 28 td.

Kinda wild that I think that's a backend QB1 hahaha...such a passing league now...

Those are like peyton manning numbers back in indy!

4500-4600 yards would have put him at #5 last year. 28 touchdowns would have put him at #5 as well. Granted he's unlikely to run much and interceptions can change rankings in a hurry, but it seems you may be ranking him too low, or projecting too big a pie for the weapons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AnonymousRob said:

4500-4600 yards would have put him at #5 last year. 28 touchdowns would have put him at #5 as well. Granted he's unlikely to run much and interceptions can change rankings in a hurry, but it seems you may be ranking him too low, or projecting too big a pie for the weapons.

 

 

he's been pretty accurate the past couple of years. Nearly 70%last 2 years iirc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

4500-4600 yards would have put him at #5 last year. 28 touchdowns would have put him at #5 as well. Granted he's unlikely to run much and interceptions can change rankings in a hurry, but it seems you may be ranking him too low, or projecting too big a pie for the weapons.

Passing yardage/TDs/rating seems to go up every year like the stock market.

Also adjusted my projection to 26 TD. But I do think that he's criminally underrated. #25 is such a trash projection for Carr by yahoo.

Edited by fawkes_mulder
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, fawkes_mulder said:

Passing yardage/TDs/rating seems to go up every year like the stock market.

Also adjusted my projection to 26 TD. But I do think that he's criminally underrated. #25 is such a trash projection for Carr by yahoo.

I'd say he is around #19-20

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I'm going to bet against Hunter Renfrow having 700 yards. He had zero to no competition last year at wr. Now they got 2 great prospects that they've not only invested high draft capital for but also talked up a bunch. Renfrow is the odd man out at best the 4th option. 1. Waller 2:3 Edwards/Ruggs imo.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fawkes_mulder said:

I don't think you can pencil waller in for 1k anymore.

1k+ ruggs

1k+ edwards

700 waller

I'll give you 700 renfrow

running backs, WR4/5/6, TE2 all 1k-1200 ish

Carr passes for 4500-4600.  My estimates

I actually wonder if all 3 don’t finish just short of 1000 (about 2850 total) with Renfrow adding about 600 & Jacobs around 350. Richard gets 400 & there’s 4200 yards for Carr

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gbill2004 said:

I'm projecting Edwards at 950 yards and 6 TDs this season. But he could blow up and prove me wrong. He's got some OBJ to his game. 


What parallels do you see to OBJ? I thought Edwards was more of an endzone threat, rather than a gazelle who can break loose -- almost Michael Crabtree like?
I don't watch much college, maybe I'm confusing him with someone else. Playerprofiler likens him to Corey Davis. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:


What parallels do you see to OBJ? I thought Edwards was more of an endzone threat, rather than a gazelle who can break loose -- almost Michael Crabtree like?
I don't watch much college, maybe I'm confusing him with someone else. Playerprofiler likens him to Corey Davis. 

Probably just the one handed camp catch. They're not really similar at all, almost opposites. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...