Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What about week 2?

Drafted this guy late on two teams because of this thread. Thanks 👍

Sounds like red zone potential.

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

so is Edwards the WR1 for the raiders, dude looks like a stud

NFL teams usually start two WRs.  Are you asking if he’s going to be Carr’s favorite target?  I doubt that. Waller is the reliable guy who I’m sure Carr will look to often. Both Edwards and Ruggs should get a fair share of targets. 

7 hours ago, jeremyt7 said:

Yeah I'm going to bet against Hunter Renfrow having 700 yards. He had zero to no competition last year at wr. Now they got 2 great prospects that they've not only invested high draft capital for but also talked up a bunch. Renfrow is the odd man out at best the 4th option. 1. Waller 2:3 Edwards/Ruggs imo.

Except Renfrow is a really good football player.  I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he leads the team in receiving and has over 1k yards.

Still love Edwards, and drafted him in a couple leagues, but don't sleep on Renfrow

1 hour ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Except Renfrow is a really good football player.  I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he leads the team in receiving and has over 1k yards.

Still love Edwards, and drafted him in a couple leagues, but don't sleep on Renfrow

I absolutely disagree, Renfrow will never sniff 1000 yards in this offense. Last year was an anomaly, with no real competition for targets. He won't ever see 71 targets again if Ruggs and Edwards stay healthy this year. He's at best the 4/5th passing option in this offense now. I don't see him having any value this year, they've bulked up their WR corp. They're going to feed those guys, plus Waller is still there and presumably the top dog for receptions. Hunter is the odd man out.

• Like 1

Renfrow had a great rookie season, and he’s not going away. He gets O P E N .

I think the Raiders are building a potent offense here. It looks like Edwards and Ruggs can really complement each others’ game. I just loved Edwards’ college tape. He plays hard and fast, so I wasn’t worried about him missing the combine. He also has a breakout age of 17, which is in the 99th percentile!

16 minutes ago, bgar15 said:

Stat expectations for Sunday?

47.5 O/U for this game is pretty much right in the middle for this week's lineup.  Raiders implied point total is 25.5 points so figure 3-4 TDs scored by LV.

I think we see a heavy dose of Jacobs since he's got a year in the system, LV is favored and Carolina has a weak defense.  

I'll give 2-3 TDs from Jacobs/Waller.

Carr has averaged 30-35 attempts per game last few years. I think Edwards will be 2nd on the team this week in targets behind Waller. 

9-10 targets for Waller

7-8 targets for Edwards

4-5 targets for Ruggs

The rest should go to RBs, and the ancillary guys like Renfrow, Mereau, etc.  

Carr typically throws 1-2 TDs per game so hard to bank on a TD.  If Waller/Jacobs collect 3 TDs, then I say about a 0% chance Edwards gets one.  If Jacobs/Waller only account for 2 TDs, then he's got a shot at snagging one.  

7-8 targets, 4-5 catches, 50-70 yards.  Low probability of a TD.  I know not an exact guess, but I would say in PPR anywhere between 9-12 points is a good bet, with the low probability of 15-17 if he scores.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

Spent $13 of my FAAB to grab Edwards. Nobody else in my league put in a bid so I could have gotten him for free.

Yep. Be grateful you weren't the guy that put in 45 dollars.

I got him for 3 bucks and someone else put a 0 bid on him. People are overreacting here with some of the bids they put in. Yes, he may be good, but to bid so much on a guy that hasn't played an NFL game is silly. Especially since he is not even universally owned. He's still only 22 percent owned or something on yahoo.

Edited by hangin n wangin
37 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

47.5 O/U for this game is pretty much right in the middle for this week's lineup.  Raiders implied point total is 25.5 points so figure 3-4 TDs scored by LV.

I think we see a heavy dose of Jacobs since he's got a year in the system, LV is favored and Carolina has a weak defense.  

Carr has averaged 30-35 attempts per game last few years. I think Edwards will be 2nd on the team this week in targets behind Waller. 

9-10 targets for Waller

7-8 targets for Edwards

4-5 targets for Ruggs

Carr typically throws 1-2 TDs per game so hard to bank on a TD.  If Waller/Jacobs collect 3 TDs, then I say about a 0% chance Edwards gets one.  If Jacobs/Waller only account for 2 TDs, then he's got a shot at snagging one.  

7-8 targets, 4-5 catches, 50-70 yards.  Low probability of a TD.  I know not an exact guess, but I would say in PPR anywhere between 9-12 points is a good bet, with the low probability of 15-17 if he scores.  

... as far as the TDs go - i had Waller last year, and it was a glorious ride from a 14th rd pick, no question. 

but the kid was allergic to the EZ - only 3 TDs ... was very frustrating seeing TWill or the backup TE haul in a score after Wallerus went for over 40 yds on the drive. 

i think this kid Edwards may haul on at least half dozen - that's what TWill did last year, even with injuries. 

tl;dr - WALLERUS IS NOT A HUGE TD CAT ... (yet)

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
12 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... as far as the TDs go - i had Waller last year, and it was a glorious ride from a 14th rd pick, no question. 

but the kid was allergic to the EZ - only 3 TDs ... was very frustrating seeing TWill or the backup TE haul in a score after Wallerus went for over 40 yds on the drive. 

i think this kid Edwards may haul on at least half dozen - that's what TWill did last year, even with injuries. 

tl;dr - WALLERUS IS NOT A HUGE TD CAT ... (yet)

Exactly.  1100 yards and only 3 TDs is a huge anomaly and I expect Waller to be much higher in the TD department this year.  6 TDs sounds about right for Edwards this year.  

16 hours ago, Wyzzil said:

Probably just the one handed camp catch. They're not really similar at all, almost opposites. 

that's kind of what I was trying to imply, without being too harsh 😬
I like Edwards a lot. He is unowned in my (uber-shallow) 10-teamer... given the shallow nature of the league I don't have a clear drop for him, but it's tough seeing him sit there. 
I stand by that Crabtree comp - and between Edwards, Ruggs, Waller, I'm wondering if Carr could have a solid year - though I'm not a big fan of his arm talent or... err... "style". "Style" being, whatever the inverse of Brett Favre is. 

2 hours ago, Fort4242 said:

9-10 targets for Waller

7-8 targets for Edwards

4-5 targets for Ruggs

Kinda wasted a 1st round pick on Ruggs to give Edwards twice as many week 1 targets.

Irs the Raida's so anything is possible.

I'd personally rather have the most explosive receiver on my team getting the 8 targets but that's just me.

Still pissed I missed out on this guy in my draft. Was going to take him with my next pick and he got sniped. Looks like a young stud in the making. 

Heard Carr comparing him to James Jones, with whom Carr played with when he first broke in. If Carr can get him the ball, kid can catch it!

Good luck to all that got him. I'm jealous!

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Kinda wasted a 1st round pick on Ruggs to give Edwards twice as many week 1 targets.

Irs the Raida's so anything is possible.

I'd personally rather have the most explosive receiver on my team getting the 8 targets but that's just me.

Not a waste, but rather they do things differently.  Ruggs is the home-run hitter where I think Edward's skill set aligns better with what Carr likes to do.  As chicksdigtheOPS said above, Carr's "style" is kind of the anti-Favre. Also Bryan Edwards was a 1st round prospect before his foot injury caused him to miss the pre-draft process.  So he's not some rando thrown into the mix.  

Not saying it's a season long thing, but just for this game particularly.  I think Josh Jacobs has a huge day and Edwards will be a favorite of Carr.  Ruggs will get his shots and some screen designs so if the target share was 7 for Edwards and 5 for Ruggs I wouldn't be surprised.  Again, I expect low passing volume from LV this week.