Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What about week 2?

Drafted this guy late on two teams because of this thread. Thanks 👍

Sounds like red zone potential.

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, jeremyt7 said:

Man, I'm ALL ABOARD on Bryan Edwards, but with the recent news about Jalen Reagor coming out as a full participant today. Unfortunately I had to drop Edwards for Reagor. Gonna miss the guy. 

Edwards is better than Reagor.

Situation might be better for Reagor though

2 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Edwards is better than Reagor.

Situation might be better for Reagor though

I couldn't decide so I dropped 2 handcuffs to grab both these cats. Hopefully one breaks out or I'm gonna be on suicide watch.

Edited by RoseLin23
13 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

I couldn't decide so I dropped 2 handcuffs to grab both these cats. Hopefully one breaks out or I'm gonna be on suicide watch.

Good call, it’s too early to be skipping potential breakouts to keep handcuffs. Hope it works out for you 

Just now, Breesus said:

Good call, it’s too early to be skipping potential breakouts to keep handcuffs. Hope it works out for you 

Thanks man, this was exactly my thinking. I've been burned too many times in the past holding on to the "safe" "if" and "maybe" players and missed out on breakout players. Besides, this year is going to be wacky any way so why not.

On film, Edwards looks like an athletic freak. I picked up Waller last year before week 1 and that turned out pretty well. But I understand Edwards is a rookie, no pre-season, blah blah blah. But if you think of it, not having training camp/preseason obviously didn't benefit rookies but it benefited us fantasy owners. I bet if this was a normal season, both Edwards and Reagor would have been drafted in 12 team leagues.

• Like 1
On 5/1/2020 at 9:51 AM, Fort4242 said:

Drafted 3.17 by the Las Vegas Raiders.  They added Ruggs in Round 1, and also Lynn Bowden one pick before Edwards.  A broken foot limited his pre-draft workout.  

One thing that stood out to me in a big way was his breakout age.  Not sure if others look at the data on PlayerProfiler - but Edwards has a breakout age of 17.8 which is one of the youngest ages I've ever seen and ranks in the 100% percentile.

Here's an article on how breakout age works:

https://www.pff.com/news/fantasy-football-breakout-age-using-pff-grades-to-identify-potential-breakout-rookie-fantasy-receivers

So not much production in college and no pre-draft workout to go off of, but an extremely high break out age, what are people's thoughts on Edwards?  Great size at 6'3'' 212 and looks to be extremely physical.  

Just went back and watched. This dude is a human highlight! He’s only 21 so it may take some time, but I really think he’s going to be the Raiders #1 by the end of the season. Some of those catches are disgusting 

• Like 4

There's some great catches in there and I may end up picking him up and rolling him out already - Golladay, D Johnson, Preston Williams all listed as questionable.  

What's his 40 time like tho? He didn't look particularly fast.  Tho maybe that's part of the plan: Have Ruggs stretching deep while he eats underneath.  

31 minutes ago, Mustangt125 said:

There's some great catches in there and I may end up picking him up and rolling him out already - Golladay, D Johnson, Preston Williams all listed as questionable.  

What's his 40 time like tho? He didn't look particularly fast.  Tho maybe that's part of the plan: Have Ruggs stretching deep while he eats underneath.  

4.51, 4.54 IIRC. He's fast enough for his size imo. Carr mentioned he's gonna be a guy that gets hit with the back shoulder fade.. makes me think he might even have the higher floor vs Ruggs since Carr is primarily a checkdown QB

45 minutes ago, Mustangt125 said:

someone mentioned Josh Gordon earlier, but i see alotta Michael Irvin in this kid (talkin' strictly on the field comparision 😁).

i'm excited. 

ice that knee, Playmaker!

4 hours ago, collucho said:

Wow just watched that video. My guy looks f***in massive out there.

That's a big part of the appeal. Folks are down on him because of "metrics" and age, but being big and having good hands goes a long way. Being big is an NFL skill. That's part of why I'm way more bullish on Edwards than a guy like Justin Jefferson. 

m trying to establish the best rookie pick, but i dont live in america and dont know much about college football

why he was drafted on 3rd round if he's so good?

do u guys put edwards on what scale between those rookies ... shenault, jeudy, reagor... ?

3 minutes ago, konstao said:

m trying to establish the best rookie pick, but i dont live in america and dont know much about college football

do u guys put edwards on what scale between those rookies ... shenault, jeudy, reagor... ?

He was projected to be drafted in the 1st round but dropped because of an injury. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, konstao said:

Michael Thomas was drafted in the 2nd, AB in the 5th or 6th, etc. there is no definite answer as to why certain teams like other players but we’ve seen time and time again the best WR is not always selected early.

I’d rank this year rookie WR’s (for fantasy) 1: Jeudy 2: Edwards 3: Reagor due to QB play, opportunity, and skill. 

Edited by Breesus
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, konstao said:

1st round talent, suffered a meniscus tear, injury concerns let him slide. He looks healthy now. Raiders look like they got some real offensive talent in Ruggs and Edwards.

Gone are the days of taking Darrius Heyward Bay early in the draft because fast.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Breesus said:

Michael Thomas was drafted in the 2nd, AB in the 5th or 6th, etc. there is no definite answer as to why certain teams like other players but we’ve seen time and time again the best WR is not always selected early.

I’d rank this year rookie WR’s (for fantasy) 1: Jeudy 2: Edwards 3: Reagor due to QB play, opportunity, and skill. 

LOT of good situations for rookie WR this year. Pittman and Aiyuk in great spots too imo. Ceedee lamb as a third WR is as well, but he's being overdrafted IMO...have seen him go early in some drafts (close ish to gallup). Also Ruggs is in a great spot too. I view Ruggs and Edwards as roughly equals, maybe slight edge to Ruggs. He was their first round pick and obviously a tremendous athlete. Just feel like many in this thread that Edwards appears to be a third round steal...

BUT NO GAMES HAVE BEEN PLAYED YET. So let's see what happens!

Edited by fawkes_mulder
  • Like 2
53 minutes ago, konstao said:

I own all 3 + Edwards....I would currently rank them Jeudy, Reagor, Edwards, shenault...Top 2 and bottom 2 interchangeable...

• Like 1

Why are guys like Lamb, Jeudy, & Ruggs owned in so higher % in Yahoo leagues compared to Edwards? Edwards is like 35% owned where as the other three are like 80%. Are they supposed to be THAT much more highly touted?

Someone in my league drafted the first three where as I picked up both Edwards and Reagor by waiver/FA. Maybe that explains it? lol

10 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Why are guys like Lamb, Jeudy, & Ruggs owned in so higher % in Yahoo leagues compared to Edwards? Edwards is like 35% owned where as the other three are like 80%. Are they supposed to be THAT much more highly touted?

Someone in my league drafted the first three where as I picked up both Edwards and Reagor by waiver/FA. Maybe that explains it? lol

3 first round picks vs. a 3rd rounder