Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Bryan Edwards 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, goke said:

Have Golladay+Sutton....considering starting the rookie....anyone starting Edwards this week?

i see this as a desperation play, but if you lose both golladay + sutton (and/or evans) what's an owner to do...

lotta competition for targets between renfrow, ruggs, and waller. we will also see 10-12 targets to RBs + foster moreau + a miscellaneous  zay jones / nelson agholor.

have no doubt whatsoever that bryan edwards will lead the raiders in targets and points per game (for WR/TE) by season's end, but i expect it'll take several games to clarify his position as target leader. also, i expect a run-heavy approach from the raiders. so for me, i'm leaving bryan edwards on the bench----i have these WRs ranked higher for week 1, none of whom were drafted as "starters" except in deeper leagues:

  • jerry jeudy, jarvis landry, christian kirk, ceedee lamb, anthony miller, parris campbell, and golden tate (if healthy)

wouldn't be surprised if kendrick bourne (in non-PPR) and russell gage (in PPR) turn out to be safer plays this week than edwards, as ugly as that sounds. these guys are probably on the waiver wire for owners hit rostering the unlucky trio of golladay, sutton, and evans.

21 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

someone mentioned Josh Gordon earlier, but i see alotta Michael Irvin in this kid (talkin' strictly on the field comparision 😁).

really hoping mike evans plays this week because i see bryan edwards similar to a rookie mike evans ---- saints travel to vegas week 2 --- if evans plays, we will have a clearer picture on bryan edwards' week 2 production in reading how lattimore and jenkins cover evans (or fail to cover evans...)

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What about week 2?

Drafted this guy late on two teams because of this thread. Thanks 👍

Sounds like red zone potential.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Sack Exchange said:

i see this as a desperation play, but if you lose both golladay + sutton (and/or evans) what's an owner to do...

lotta competition for targets between renfrow, ruggs, and waller. we will also see 10-12 targets to RBs + foster moreau + a miscellaneous  zay jones / nelson agholor.

have no doubt whatsoever that bryan edwards will lead the raiders in targets and points per game (for WR/TE) by season's end, but i expect it'll take several games to clarify his position as target leader. also, i expect a run-heavy approach from the raiders. so for me, i'm leaving bryan edwards on the bench----i have these WRs ranked higher for week 1, none of whom were drafted as "starters" except in deeper leagues:

  • jerry jeudy, jarvis landry, christian kirk, ceedee lamb, anthony miller, parris campbell, and golden tate (if healthy)

wouldn't be surprised if kendrick bourne (in non-PPR) and russell gage (in PPR) turn out to be safer plays this week than edwards, as ugly as that sounds. these guys are probably on the waiver wire for owners hit rostering the unlucky trio of golladay, sutton, and evans.

really hoping mike evans plays this week because i see bryan edwards similar to a rookie mike evans ---- saints travel to vegas week 2 --- if evans plays, we will have a clearer picture on bryan edwards' week 2 production in reading how lattimore and jenkins cover evans (or fail to cover evans...)

 

I wanna like Kirk this week but with 4 WR sets, Hopkins coming in, Fitzgerald getting targets, Drake catching, Murray running it's gonna be hard for him to get as many targets as he did last year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

I wanna like Kirk this week but with 4 WR sets, Hopkins coming in, Fitzgerald getting targets, Drake catching, Murray running it's gonna be hard for him to get as many targets as he did last year.

 

True. With as many 4 wide that AZ runs I'd rather start Scottie Miller if Evans is ruled out.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was fairly set on going with Edwards as WR3 in a 14-team league, week 1, but will likely go with Robby Anderson instead.

This vid of Jon Gruden talking about the WR core leaves me the impression that either he's hiding his role for Edwards Week 1, or the more obvious, he'll gameplan around his vets early on and slowly incorporate Edwards. Seems too risky to bet on his usage against the Panthers. Should be Waller, Foster Moreau, and Jacobs they use in the RZ.

Edited by PhilaFanBoy
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2020 at 3:22 PM, goke said:

Have Golladay+Sutton....considering starting the rookie....anyone starting Edwards this week?

 

In a similar position, might have to start him. It's a 14-teamer with short benches. There are a handful of WRs I'd consider swapping him out for, but most will be short-term options. Tempted by Bourne and Parris Campbell. Shenault is still out there, but is just as unknown in week 1.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, leffe186 said:

 

In a similar position, might have to start him. It's a 14-teamer with short benches. There are a handful of WRs I'd consider swapping him out for, but most will be short-term options. Tempted by Bourne and Parris Campbell. Shenault is still out there, but is just as unknown in week 1.

same situations - Evans plus Sutton.  i'm firing up this guy with moderate confidence.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2020 at 10:45 AM, PhilaFanBoy said:

I was fairly set on going with Edwards as WR3 in a 14-team league, week 1, but will likely go with Robby Anderson instead.

This vid of Jon Gruden talking about the WR core leaves me the impression that either he's hiding his role for Edwards Week 1, or the more obvious, he'll gameplan around his vets early on and slowly incorporate Edwards. Seems too risky to bet on his usage against the Panthers. Should be Waller, Foster Moreau, and Jacobs they use in the RZ.

 

Bridgewater rarely goes deep. Moore is the guy for all the short routes. You've got to hope that Anderson gets one long bomb, otherwise I'd rather play Edwards and risk it on the unknown.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CamNewton said:

 

Bridgewater rarely goes deep. Moore is the guy for all the short routes. You've got to hope that Anderson gets one long bomb, otherwise I'd rather play Edwards and risk it on the unknown.

 

Lol I made the switch last minute. I forgive you.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

I went with Edwards over Hines thanks to this forum. I’m sticking with my gut from here out.

Lol don't blame it on the forum. Nobody clicked the buttons for you. That was just a dumb decision

  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't go against my gut with him. I literally had no option because I have Galladay and Sutton. I didn't trust him this game going in. Not because I'm negative on him but literally because it's his first game and people on here were treating him like a God already. Anyway, he did about what i expected before I heard the hype on here. 

This looks like it's going to be a project. And one I probably win't be willing to wait for if other options on the wire emerge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Lol don't blame it on the forum. Nobody clicked the buttons for you. That was just a dumb decision


Yep. I would’ve never started Edwards in his first start as a rookie over Hines with Checkdown Phil as his QB. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

It's one game

 

For sure, no doubt. But you had Willie Snead comparing Miles Boykin to Michael Thomas last year, and Derek Carr drawing similarities of Davante Adams and Bryan Edwards this year. And Miles Boykin was looking like a starter in the Ravens offense early on. But while they're talented prospects, both are in run-heavy offense with a number of receiving options in front of them. For Edwards, it appears clear that the offense runs through Josh Jacobs. And then Derek Carr's wide receiver tree is Darren Waller-Henry Ruggs-Hunter Renfrow with Agholor and Edwards competing for that 4th look (as well as Devontae Booker & Jalen Richard). I'm not too optimistic about the situation despite the preseason hype, unless he was injured which I'm not seeing. Maybe I'll hold one more week.

Edited by PhilaFanBoy
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

I didn't go against my gut with him. I literally had no option because I have Galladay and Sutton. I didn't trust him this game going in. Not because I'm negative on him but literally because it's his first game and people on here were treating him like a God already. Anyway, he did about what i expected before I heard the hype on here. 

This looks like it's going to be a project. And one I probably win't be willing to wait for if other options on the wire emerge.

 

Pretty much where I was, and am. The positive side is that I now have a clear candidate to drop if I can snag someone on the waiver wire. In my other league I have a whole lot of bench players who I don't want to drop (James Robinson, Ruggs, Moss, Gibson) so it's quite nice to have a clear sacrificial lamb available.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...