Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, yossarian said:

I'd put McLaurin up there, maybe right behind Metcalf and AJB. I think he's ahead of the rooks from this season, for now, because of track record.

 

I knew I was missing someone. McClaurin is definitely not the biggest dude, but he is already 25 which is kinda crazy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AJ Brown has a message for you fantasy owners:  

He should definitely see a urologist in that case.

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, yossarian said:

I'd put McLaurin up there, maybe right behind Metcalf and AJB. I think he's ahead of the rooks from this season, for now, because of track record.

McLaurin is my dude and probably my personal favorite of the group but he's definitely pushed down a bit from Metcalf/Brown. Couple years older and the situation is definitely worse looking ahead. If one is down to gamble the situation improves then he's a solid bet to be top 5 or so soon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, cheezor42 said:


right now the only one I’d trade one for one in dynasty or keeper is metcalf.  So I guess I have to rank him #2.

 

I would put AJ Brown over DK. 

DK is dependent from the great deep throws of Wilson. AJ Brown to me seems QB proved.

If Wilson and Tannehill would have a "Dak-like" injury, who would you rank higher? Right, it's AJ. And that - imho - gives him the edge.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, thebadferret said:

 

I would put AJ Brown over DK. 

DK is dependent from the great deep throws of Wilson. AJ Brown to me seems QB proved.

If Wilson and Tannehill would have a "Dak-like" injury, who would you rank higher? Right, it's AJ. And that - imho - gives him the edge.


I see your points but in dynasty DK has more long term upside. He’s strapped to Russ for the next 6+ years, and he’s much more unpolished but continuously improving. AJ is more of a finished product. Also AJ benefits a lot from the dominance of his RB/titans run game which is ephemeral long term. The upside gives DK the slight edge but AJ could certainly have as good or even a better career.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:


I see your points but in dynasty DK has more long term upside. He’s strapped to Russ for the next 6+ years, and he’s much more unpolished but continuously improving. AJ is more of a finished product. Also AJ benefits a lot from the dominance of his RB/titans run game which is ephemeral long term. The upside gives DK the slight edge but AJ could certainly have as good or even a better career.

I’d take AJ personally, if DK didn’t have Russ strapped to him like you said for me it would be relatively easy pick. He’s 2 catches/ 1 TD off DK with two fewer games. There’s nothing to say AJ won’t become better and there’s no guarantee DK is ever as polished as AJ. DK is more of a one trick pony at the moment as for AJ he just needs to just avoid these injuries, it’s all preference though and you can’t go wrong either way. 

Edited by CroNY
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CroNY said:

I’d take AJ personally, if DK didn’t have Russ strapped to him like you said for me it would be relatively easy pick. He’s 2 catches/ 1 TD off DK with two fewer games. There’s nothing to say AJ won’t become better and there’s no guarantee DK is ever as polished as AJ. DK is more of a one trick pony at the moment as for AJ he just needs to just avoid these injuries, it’s all preference though and you can’t go wrong either way. 


I feel that, it’s by no means definitive for me that metcalf is the better dynasty hold, just me personally I think the odds are still slightly in DKs favor.  I’ve been touting AJB all off season and truly believe he’s a top 5 receiver and 1-2nd round draft pick in redraft for a while to come.  I love the target uptick this season and I think he continues to get more and more involved going forward.  If you own him, enjoy the ride and savor the fact that you had the foresight to believe in the talent and not the pundits hammering the regression narrative.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, cheezor42 said:


I see your points but in dynasty DK has more long term upside. He’s strapped to Russ for the next 6+ years, and he’s much more unpolished but continuously improving. AJ is more of a finished product. Also AJ benefits a lot from the dominance of his RB/titans run game which is ephemeral long term. The upside gives DK the slight edge but AJ could certainly have as good or even a better career.

 

After googeling what "ephemeral" means, I am now ready to answer, lol.

Hmmm...yeah. Valid points. As I'm owning AJ in my dynasty league I probably have to like him more ;) But in the end you can't go wrong with either of them. 

Seahawks letting Russ cook is a big part of the upside of DK (and Lockett) and was long overdue tbh. But Henry is tied to the Titans for a few years, too. And changing to a more pass heavy team later in his career can't be a bad thing for AJ. As for this year I definetly prefer AJ. Feels like he has a 95% chance to get a TD every week.

Overall if you started a dynasty this season you were better to pick up DK i guess, since AJ was around pick 20 and DK was around pick 35 if i remember correctly (ppr).

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, fbi314159 said:

I love AJ.  My one issue is that they don't seem to even look his way until the second half.


so lucky to get what he even did- I know he had a good corner on him but this titans team and tannehill are so stubborn- you gotta feed your studs.

you think the bengals were happy they let Corey Davis beat them? You betcha. Every team considers it a win when you throw the ball to a non-yac catch and fall guy...so stupid..

Edited by PlayTheWaivers
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, fbi314159 said:

I love AJ.  My one issue is that they don't seem to even look his way until the second half.

Yeah it's frustrating and confusing. Some teams just don't get it. I know Adams is a stud but look at him they feature the crap out of him. Look at DK today dude had like 15 plus targets . AJB would slay with that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Yeah it's frustrating and confusing. Some teams just don't get it. I know Adams is a stud but look at him they feature the crap out of him. Look at DK today dude had like 15 plus targets . AJB would slay with that. 

Honestly it feels like they feature Corey Davis alot. It's on the OC and Tannehill. Tannehill has gotten a bit overrated; a good QB but one who definitely does a ton of damage throwing to his first read within the scheme, that's led by having the threat of Henry in the backfield. Today Davis was that read more often than not.

Same target disparity was happening in the Steelers game until Brown broke the long TD in the second half so they kept going back to the well..... And week 1 against Denver.... and today,  zero targets for A.J. at half. 

If the OC doesn't scheme it up to go to A.J. from the outset, Tannehill forgets he exists.

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Yeah it's frustrating and confusing. Some teams just don't get it. I know Adams is a stud but look at him they feature the crap out of him. Look at DK today dude had like 15 plus targets . AJB would slay with that. 

 

Well DK got erased last week. I wish AJ could get MT/Adams usage but thats pretty rare.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Evincar said:

 

Well DK got erased last week. I wish AJ could get MT/Adams usage but thats pretty rare.

I get it just a quick example. Seattle learned something from that and made a point this week. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, USWAY said:

Honestly it feels like they feature Corey Davis alot. It's on the OC and Tannehill. Tannehill has gotten a bit overrated; a good QB but one who definitely does a ton of damage throwing to his first read within the scheme, that's led by having the threat of Henry in the backfield. Today Davis was that read more often than not.

Same target disparity was happening in the Steelers game until Brown broke the long TD in the second half so they kept going back to the well..... And week 1 against Denver.... and today,  zero targets for A.J. at half. 

If the OC doesn't scheme it up to go to A.J. from the outset, Tannehill forgets he exists.


and guess what- they lost to a 1-5 trash team. No one can take the titans seriously if they can’t beat a rookie and a bad team.

fantasy is such a ******** terrible hobby. AJ brown is a dominant force and he gets 3 yards per target today? What the f--- guys- how is this guy even a wr1 going forward?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty upsetting to see AJ Brown literally tied with Corey Davis on fantasy points this year...not sure if Corey is enjoying some really favorable coverage here thanks to AJ and Henry. Good for him for capitalizing, but that makes me less than happy for the ROI right now lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Pretty upsetting to see AJ Brown literally tied with Corey Davis on fantasy points this year...not sure if Corey is enjoying some really favorable coverage here thanks to AJ and Henry. Good for him for capitalizing, but that makes me less than happy for the ROI right now lol 

I mean his ADP was about WR16?  He's the WR8 in PPG this year.  Doesn't seem like a terrible ROI to me.  Just because Davis has turned out to be a tremendous value doesn't diminish AJB.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Pretty upsetting to see AJ Brown literally tied with Corey Davis on fantasy points this year...not sure if Corey is enjoying some really favorable coverage here thanks to AJ and Henry. Good for him for capitalizing, but that makes me less than happy for the ROI right now lol 

 

AJB is the #2 WR (1/2 PPR scoring) since returning from injury, #5 in PPG. Davis is #15 WR on the season in PPG. Both guys have benefited from the other being out of the lineup and Davis just happens to be playing the best football of his career. We'll see if he keeps it up. Im not concerned. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Pretty upsetting to see AJ Brown literally tied with Corey Davis on fantasy points this year...not sure if Corey is enjoying some really favorable coverage here thanks to AJ and Henry. Good for him for capitalizing, but that makes me less than happy for the ROI right now lol 

 

How is it possible that even for players doing very well, all people do is complain on this forum?  You are upset he had a down game where he still managed to have a TD?  You can't see how in real life football he may not be the only one the team uses based on coverage/game script etc?  Man, people want the perfect players and have a really detached sense of how the game works. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SportsBrain said:

 

How is it possible that even for players doing very well, all people do is complain on this forum?  You are upset he had a down game where he still managed to have a TD?  You can't see how in real life football he may not be the only one the team uses based on coverage/game script etc?  Man, people want the perfect players and have a really detached sense of how the game works. 

 

If a player has a great week he is a league winner or stud. If a player has a bad week he is trash/JAG/drop city etc. Its wasnt too long ago that people were regretting drafting AJB and that a simple bone bruise was more concerning than a high ankle sprain or hamstring pull.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2020 at 3:26 AM, thebadferret said:

 

I would put AJ Brown over DK. 

DK is dependent from the great deep throws of Wilson. AJ Brown to me seems QB proved.

If Wilson and Tannehill would have a "Dak-like" injury, who would you rank higher? Right, it's AJ. And that - imho - gives him the edge.

 

No offense to AJ Brown (I think he's a top WR) but DK is on another level.  Plus as you say DK has Wilson, so that's a clear advantage for DK yet you try to spin it like it isn't due to an injury that could happen?  I wouldn't recommend basing your rankings off of a QB getting a season ending injury.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, FouLLine said:

 

No offense to AJ Brown (I think he's a top WR) but DK is on another level.  Plus as you say DK has Wilson, so that's a clear advantage for DK yet you try to spin it like it isn't due to an injury that could happen?  I wouldn't recommend basing your rankings off of a QB getting a season ending injury.

 

Sure it's an advantage having Russ as your QB, I wasn't arguing that. I was just saying that atm AJ is doing nearly the same as DK with way less of a pass happy offense. I'm basing my rankings on who I think is the better player and a season ending injury to Russ was just an example that would highlight that. As is the thought experiment of them switching teams, would your opinion still be the same?

Does that mean AJ Brown will score more fantasy points than DK, no it doesn't. But on a per game basis he is not far off (I think its 2 points difference in ppr).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Pretty upsetting to see AJ Brown literally tied with Corey Davis on fantasy points this year...not sure if Corey is enjoying some really favorable coverage here thanks to AJ and Henry. Good for him for capitalizing, but that makes me less than happy for the ROI right now lol 

Corey Davis is a FA next season, playing for the bag 😆.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...