NBC Sports Edge Forums

17 hours ago, thebadferret said:

Sure it's an advantage having Russ as your QB, I wasn't arguing that. I was just saying that atm AJ is doing nearly the same as DK with way less of a pass happy offense. I'm basing my rankings on who I think is the better player and a season ending injury to Russ was just an example that would highlight that. As is the thought experiment of them switching teams, would your opinion still be the same?

Does that mean AJ Brown will score more fantasy points than DK, no it doesn't. But on a per game basis he is not far off (I think its 2 points difference in ppr).

That's all fair.  I like them both a lot.  But next year I'm certainly taking DK before AJ by at least 1 round.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AJ Brown has a message for you fantasy owners:  

He should definitely see a urologist in that case.

Posted Images

18 hours ago, FouLLine said:

That's all fair.  I like them both a lot.  But next year I'm certainly taking DK before AJ by at least 1 round.

AJ feels like a mid to late 2nd round, early 3rd round at worst type next year.  DK keeping up his pace I don’t know how you could not get him late 1st early 2nd so yeah that assessment checks out for me.

How do you feel about Brown this week? It sounds crazy to consider benching him, but I'm little nervous to start him this week against the Bears D and Corey Davis getting an uptick. Brown has been getting so many red zone looks and can break anything to house though so idk..

1 minute ago, WVFalcon said:

How do you feel about Brown this week? It sounds crazy to consider benching him, but I'm little nervous to start him this week against the Bears D and Corey Davis getting an uptick. Brown has been getting so many red zone looks and can break anything to house though so idk..

Never 👏 bench 👏 AJ 👏 Brown

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, WVFalcon said:

He feels a bit low-floor, lower-ceiling-than-usual this week due to the matchup - maybe somewhere in the range of 3-15 points in half PPR could be a reasonable range. Still a hard guy to sit because of the talent.

Edited by Vendetta

I feel Chicago's FP given up to WR seems tough in part because of who they've played.

Week 1 - DET without Golladay

Week 2: NYG

Week 3: ATL without Julio - Ridley had 16.74 in PPR

Week 4: INDY

Week 5: TB without Godwin - Evans had 15.1

Week 6: CAR - Robby and DJ did ok - double digits for both

Week 7: LAR: Shut down Woods but Kupp and Reynolds did ok - double digits

Week 8: NO without Thomas or Sanders.  As expected against anyone, Kamara and Cook got majority of the work.  

Not arguing Chicago's defense isn't good, it is.  But I don't think it's some death sentence for a stud like AJB.  You can argue AJB is going to be the best WR Chicago has faced this year.  Especially this time of year, I stick with playing my best players regardless.  And I don't care what your team looks like, AJB is one of your best players.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
32 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

He feels a bit low-floor, lower-ceiling-than-usual this week due to the matchup - maybe somewhere in the range of 3-15 points in half PPR could be a reasonable range. Still a hard guy to sit because of the talent.

Odds are this is the case but a friendly reminder that anything can happen on any given week...Richie James almost had 200 yards yesterday FFS 

1 hour ago, Fort4242 said:

I stick with playing my best players regardless.  And I don't care what your team looks like, AJB is one of your best players.  

100% Everyone should feel the same and think the same. Being cute backfires more than just playing your best

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Neptune said:

Yahoo needs to start putting some respect on this man's projections

Honestly, all the sites do. At this point he should probably be ranked top 8 regardless of matchup week in week out

2 hours ago, USWAY said:

Honestly, all the sites do. At this point he should probably be ranked top 8 regardless of matchup week in week out

Most of the sites I saw had him well within the top-10 RoS.   Fantasy Pro's has him at 5 ahead of Metcalf, but they still "only" had his projection at 10.3, which is pretty good considering Chicago is a top-5 pass D team.  He did look awfully good today.

Edited by fbi314159

One or more touchdowns in every game since returning from injury, this guy is the definition of an alpha dog. The way he’s built you need a linebacker to bring him down on first contact, yes he’s tall but what stands out is just how broad and stout he’s built.

is he a top 5 wr off the board next year?

He's so awesome. Just don't watch a Titans game. It's a good way to spend 3 hours and 55 minutes yelling at the tv "Why did you throw to that god damn scrub?! How does AJB only have 2 targets?! What is WRONG with you?! Corey-god-damn-Davis?! AGAIN??!!!"

And then he finishes with a hundy or more and a TD.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1