NBC Sports Edge Forums

20 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

But that's the thing, Brown needs that one big play in order to produce. Hence, boom/bust. You can't expect him to have a 50 yard TD every week, and if he doesn't, he's likely to bust. 

And he busted on the one week I needed him not to with Mahomes and Julio on their bye weeks...ugh.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AJ Brown has a message for you fantasy owners:  

He should definitely see a urologist in that case.

Posted Images

Imagine I set the over/under at 4.5 receptions for Brown next week, and I tell you that you have to bet your life savings on it. Do you need time to think about it? Are you betting the over? How much are you sweating watching the game?

What if it's Adams, Hopkins, Diggs, Julio Jones, McLaurin, Tyler Boyd, Robby Anderson, Cooper Kupp etc. 

Feel a little better about making the bet?

This is why Brown is not yet a WR1.

Edited by ajs723
  • Like 2
11 hours ago, Gohawks said:

The difference is we know what every week with those guys brings. They’re on teams that will come out slinging it with QBs that are elite passers who can hit these dudes anywhere on the field.

The Titans come out running it with a QB who gets the title of “elite manager”.

I’d say the probability of a Brown dud is a lot higher than a DK or Hill dud.

Yes I agree.  But not by that much.  Brown was averaging 8 targets a game coming into this game with a low of 7.  Tannehill while a game manager takes his shots and when he does they normally go to DK.  If it wasn't for a horrible drop we would even be having this conversation.

1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

Imagine I set the over/under at 4.5 receptions for Brown next week, and I tell you that you have to bet your life savings on it. Do you need time to think about it? Are you betting the over? How much are you sweating watching the game?

What if it's Adams, Hopkins, Diggs, Julio Jones, McLaurin, Tyler Boyd, Robby Anderson, Cooper Kupp etc. 

Feel a little better about making the bet?

This is why Brown is not yet a WR1.

Eh. Since Brown has returned from injury the last 6 weeks v Hopkins last 6 weeks he has out scored him by 11.2 fantasy pts in my full ppr league, we can all peddle our own narrative. No idea what the point is in these  hypotheticals you don’t think Brown is a WR1 everyone else does in this thread predominantly does to each his own with respect. 

Edited by CroNY
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, CroNY said:

Eh. Since Brown has returned from injury the last 6 weeks v Hopkins last 6 weeks he has out scored him by 11.2 fantasy pts in my full ppr league, we can all peddle our own narrative. No idea what the point is in these  hypotheticals you don’t think Brown is a WR1 everyone else does in this thread predominantly does to each his own, great. 

My point was just that no one is overwhelmingly confident that Brown will catch more than 4 passes in a given week. That just shows, from a usage perspective, he's not a WR1. Not saying he can't be crazy efficient and put up big fantasy numbers in a given week, but WR1s are more reliable. 

Just now, ajs723 said:

My point was just that no one is overwhelmingly confident that Brown will catch more than 4 passes in a given week. That just shows, from a usage perspective, he's not a WR1. Not saying he can't be crazy efficient and put up big fantasy numbers in a given week, but WR1s are more reliable. 

Fair but this is an extremely nit-picky type of argument, but I understand your view point. That being said every WR has busted, Hopkins has a games of 6.00, 9.00, 11.10 in 3 of his last 6 games in PPR for me with more targets and a more competent QB, maybe Brown is just a monster and that efficient we’ll see as more time passes, minus that terrible drop last night. 

7 minutes ago, CroNY said:

Fair but this is an extremely nit-picky type of argument, but I understand your view point. That being said every WR has busted, Hopkins has a games of 6.00, 9.00, 11.10 in 3 of his last 6 games in PPR for me with more targets and a more competent QB, maybe Brown is just a monster and that efficient we’ll see as more time passes, minus that terrible drop last night. 

Yes, agreed that everyone has bad games. Week to week, I think you'd agree that a floor game is more likely from Brown than Hopkins or Julio or anyone else I mentioned. WR numbering is semantics, but Brown is more boom bust than others. That's all I'm saying. To me that makes him a boom bust WR2, if you want to call him a boom bust WR1, go for it. 

11 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Yes, agreed that everyone has bad games. Week to week, I think you'd agree that a floor game is more likely from Brown than Hopkins or Julio or anyone else I mentioned. WR numbering is semantics, but Brown is more boom bust than others. That's all I'm saying. To me that makes him a boom bust WR2, if you want to call him a boom bust WR1, go for it. 

You’re ignoring actual numbers this year which is rendering this debate useless. I just pointed out 3 specific games Hopkins has busted, shall we dive into the Locketts of the world who go for 50 then two straight games of 5. Terry has had plenty of floor games I have him, Robbie Anderson as has he...By your calculations everyone is boom bust with the exception of probably 3-4 WR’s the rest are WR2 boom or bust, whatever labeling makes you happy. 

Edited by CroNY
  • Like 2
6 minutes ago, CroNY said:

You’re ignoring actual numbers this year which is rendering this debate useless. I just pointed out 3 specific games Hopkins has busted, shall we dive into the Locketts of the world who go for 50 then two straight games of 5. Terry has had plenty of floor games I have him, Robbie Anderson as has he...By your calculations everyone is boom bust with the exception of probably 3-4 WR’s the rest are WR2 boom or bust, whatever labeling makes you happy. 

You're right about Lockett. He's not a WR1 either. In fact, I own Lockett, and he's not even starting for me this week!

TMac only has one bust game, and look at his targets. Near double digits, or over every week. To me, that's a WR1. Robby Anderson only has one TD, and he hasn't really had a major bust game all year. He is a locked in every week starter, IMO. I know it sounds weird, but he's been as steady as any WR in the league.

This doesn't mean you should drop, or even bench, Brown. It just means that you have to know that you're assuming high risk by starting him. Same as Lockett.  

• Like 1

This second half of the season really is a straight murderers row of defenses for the titans and their banged up line. Things open up later in the year for playoffs largely at least. Won’t be shocked to see a few more duds but I still have huge trust in AJ and arguing over this whole “is he a WR1 or a WR2” thing is largely moot imo.  The moment you sit him you’ll probably be made to regret it. 

2 minutes ago, herschel said:

maybe hes just apologizing for his drop on thursday night?

Lol that would be trolling at its finest. If that was the case he would have posted that on Friday or Saturday. Im a little concerned when I see these things. Hopefully we know more soon. Some of these guys should stay off social media.

11 hours ago, Evincar said:

Lol that would be trolling at its finest. If that was the case he would have posted that on Friday or Saturday. Im a little concerned when I see these things. Hopefully we know more soon. Some of these guys should stay off social media.

I wouldn’t be too concerned, he probably pissed off his GF or whom ever and got emo on Instagram lol. 

14 hours ago, rv23 said:

Starting this week? I feel like I owe it to A.J to start him even after a dud last week 

Yeah- he should never leave lineups lol. He even is thriving despite that horrible bone bruise he had last year...last week, I sure hope the coaches used the few extra days to see what they can do to feed him.