NBC Sports Edge Forums

7 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Missed practice with a hip injury apparently. He usually sits Thrusdays anyway but before listed as his knee

Studsday off, not concerned. We can talk Friday if he’s not full practice. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AJ Brown has a message for you fantasy owners:  

He should definitely see a urologist in that case.

Posted Images

One thing he noted that is so important is how natural he is out of the break high pointing the ball while maintaining balance. Davis has gotten a lot better at this the past two years watching Brown. It used to kill me how he would keep getting hurt leaving his feet on plays where if he just ran through the catch he had open field. Brown is the opposite and is an absolute YAC monster. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
On 11/30/2020 at 11:10 AM, PlayTheWaivers said:

I don't understand this guy. He catches a ball like a normal play and it looks like literally everyone is in position to make a tackle on him. Yet, he makes all the right reads and moves in the open field, and it doesn't even look like the guy is running at 4.4 speed. It "looks slow" to the human eye, but then he's galloping and out-running everybody. It always feels unsustainable but let's face it- him and Tyreek are the two must "unsustainable" sustainable players in the league.

AJ Brown just knows exactly what to do with the ball in his hands, and his brain's processing speed really is reading things faster than anyone else on the field. He'd be a dang good quarterback IMO...I'm just glad they don't have him on punt returns out there. He'd be Cordarelle Patterson.

i feel the exact same way about Henry. It doesnt look like hes running fast yet he pulls away. That deceptive speed is absolutely killer

• Like 1
9 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

One thing he noted that is so important is how natural he is out of the break high pointing the ball while maintaining balance. Davis has gotten a lot better at this the past two years watching Brown. It used to kill me how he would keep getting hurt leaving his feet on plays where if he just ran through the catch he had open field. Brown is the opposite and is an absolute YAC monster. 

This was really informative. I liked the breakdown of the technique he employs to get out of the initial jam. 

Also, is "Matt Waldman" actually Ted Lasso? Pretty sure that was Ted Lasso. 

7 minutes ago, cashvillesent said:

Fantasy aside, who is the better talent, DK or Brown? Tough choice.

I feel that DK is the better big play down the field threat with his size and speed. He has raw traits that are moldable to scheme it seems.

AJ Brown's a bit shorter but look every bit as strong, and looks to dominate in the short to intermediate areas of the field and out-muscle / YAC everyone to death with his elite separation and acceleration. They are two pretty similar players- flip a coin.

Dynasty it's probably DK but it's honestly very close. 

7 minutes ago, cashvillesent said:

Fantasy aside, who is the better talent, DK or Brown? Tough choice.

i think they might be close enough that it's hard to make a real argument separate from the circumstances of their offenses -- qbs, touches, etc. Right now I'd take DK over AJB just because he's had multiple games with more touches than AJB has ever gotten in a single game. Russ loves him and the offensive coordinator loves him too. The Titans offense is what it is--tons of running, Tannehill spreads the ball all over the place, and Brown gets 4-8 looks per game and that's it. Henry is the focal point of that offense and Brown is a safety valve the go to to release pressure and create room for other things to happen. 

11 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Jesus, no Denzel Ward nor Jonnu Smith's 2-4 targets a game this weekend either?

This looks like a 6 receptions on 8 targets for 170 and 2 game...just like Will Fuller last week. 

they're gonna give Jonnu's targets to some 5th string TE we've never heard of. 

3 minutes ago, yossarian said:

they're gonna give Jonnu's targets to some 5th string TE we've never heard of. 

This would be funnier if it wasn't 100% accurate.

Why give more targets to your bonafide superstar when you have Anthony Firkser waiting in the wings?

• Like 1

Baby TO going to eat. In my Top 3 WR in dynasty moving forward.

DK and AJB will be talked about for a while both coming out of the same draft. DK's strength is his downfield ability where there are fewer defenders and can dominate the one on one. But like Tyreek, downfield opportunity is highly dependent on the ball placement ie: the QB. AJ dominates in the short to intermediate area, high probability plays where the majority of the game is decided. The underneath stuff is less reliant on a competent down field thrower. This makes him more compatible with average middle of the road QBs and will provide more value in the long run even despite change or injuries.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Teezee said:

Baby TO going to eat. In my Top 3 WR in dynasty moving forward.

DK and AJB will be talked about for a while both coming out of the same draft. DK's strength is his downfield ability where there are fewer defenders and can dominate the one on one. But like Tyreek, downfield opportunity is highly dependent on the ball placement ie: the QB. AJ dominates in the short to intermediate area, high probability plays where the majority of the game is decided. The underneath stuff is less reliant on a competent down field thrower. This makes him more compatible with average middle of the road QBs and will provide more value in the long run even despite change or injuries.

Same school!

Agree. He's definitely a top tier dynasty asset, and probably the best all around young WR in the league.

I still say the floor is scary for a fantasy WR1. No one would be jaw on the floor shocked if he put up a 3/23 line in any given week. If someone like Diggs or Keenan Allen did that, it would be legitimately surprising. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, MingusDew said:

Imagine if he played for like the WFT where he was the only game in town catching short passes from Alex Smith?

Washington?! Imagine if he played for KC, GB, Pitt, etc. 

Just now, ajs723 said:

Washington?! Imagine if he played for KC, GB, Pitt, etc. 

Well those are the easy ones, haha. You put him on a team with no other options and a mediocre QB that can't throw downfield and he's probably a top 5 fantasy WR. Like Imagine him in Deebo's role?! 

He's Deebo on steroids.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

This would be funnier if it wasn't 100% accurate.

Why give more targets to your bonafide superstar when you have Anthony Firkser waiting in the wings?

Dude can't even get the "s" and the "k" in the correct place in his dumb last name. 

1 minute ago, MingusDew said:

"Anthony Fister" would at least be a cool name.

If his last name were Fister and he didn't go by Tony, I'd be upset. Tony the Fister would be a first round pick on name alone.