NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AJ Brown has a message for you fantasy owners:  

He should definitely see a urologist in that case.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, whatisfootball said:

That fumbled TD was brutal

Even more brutal is Y! counting it as a -2 fumble. His own teammate recovered it for a TD - I fail to understand how he loses 2 points on that.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Even more brutal is Y! counting it as a -2 fumble. His own teammate recovered it for a TD - I fail to understand how he loses 2 points on that.

He had another fumble in the game. I think that may be the -2 your talking about.

• Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, herschel said:

dude went down with a non-contact injury.  im just glad hes somewhat healthy heading into the playoffs...

That makes it sound so much scarier than it was - if you watch the clip, he basically slipped/placed his foot wrong and twisted his ankle.

29 minutes ago, trilly said:

That makes it sound so much scarier than it was - if you watch the clip, he basically slipped/placed his foot wrong and twisted his ankle.

i watched it live and i was scared.  

• Like 2

Pretty much everything that could have went wrong did in fact go wrong (save for the injury scare). The fumble on the GL was legit heartbreaking.

My biggest concern here is that, as I think the Fantasy Footballers said, I don't think that Tanny actually prefers AJB to Davis. He views them equally and distributes the ball to them equally, but AJB is a better player and the results bear that out. Frustrating as we're never gonna get a "feed the beast" type game.

Oh well. My faith in AJB is and always will be unwavering. On to the next one.

Edited by MingusDew
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

Pretty much everything that could have went wrong did in fact go wrong (save for the injury scare). The fumble on the GL was legit heartbreaking.

My biggest concern here is that, as I think the Fantasy Footballers said, I don't think that Tanny actually prefers AJB to Davis. He views them equally and distributes the ball to them equally, but AJB is a better player and the results bear that out. Frustrating as we're never gonna get a "feed the beast" type game.

What a hideous game by Brown. That being said when you have Henry and the Titans running the ball down 30, lack of targets and a upper echelon game manager at QB no matter how talented he is we won't see the peak. If he had say Matt Stafford, Herbert etc anyone with an arm throwing him the rock doesn't have to be one of the top 5 we would have already seen a 200 yard game this season IMO and more blowups. Tannehill+Henry+Scheme = not seeing 10 targets all year. He has amazing efficiency with minimal targets but he's definitely held back. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GarrettHasTheClap said:

You can tell Tannehill puts guys in WR purgatory.  Not one of AJs better performances but I expect him to bounce back in a big way. 

I agree, he seemed to be looking CD's way the entire second half. 

Edited by stevieglick
3 hours ago, MingusDew said:

I was going to say it looks like Davis is the WR1 on that team given he gets so many more targets than AJB but then I actually looked at the numbers. On he season AJB is out targeting him 72 - 70 and over the last 3 weeks it's 22 - 20 in favor of Davis so yeah--Tanny really does spread it around almost to an eerily mathematically perfect degree, in spite of the fact that it feels to me that Davis gets like... a million targets for every one of Davis's. 

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Unbelievable. Hold onto the ball AJ. Need him to come up big next week. Anybody seeing the "doghouse" treatment lingering into week 14?

no he will eat the jags alive and he will also devour the hapless lions a week later. I just hope no one needed him to have a better game this week to make their playoffs. It was a weird fantasy week in a number of ways.

15 minutes ago, yossarian said:

I was going to say it looks like Davis is the WR1 on that team given he gets so many more targets than AJB but then I actually looked at the numbers. On he season AJB is out targeting him 72 - 70 and over the last 3 weeks it's 22 - 20 in favor of Davis so yeah--Tanny really does spread it around almost to an eerily mathematically perfect degree, in spite of the fact that it feels to me that Davis gets like... a million targets for every one of Davis's. 

The team doesn't really have a WR1, which is honestly insane given AJB's talent level. If one guy is covered or in the dog house or whatever then the other guy gets the ball. Tanny isn't sitting there trying to force AJB the ball when he doesn't have to.

I think that AJB would have developed into the WR1 this year had Davis not had his breakout. But Davis is playing so well that he's earned his targets.

• Like 2