NBC Sports Edge Forums

Man not to sound greedy but he's capable of such monstrous efforts but never gets the opportunity to really pile on stats and have an insane game. Not complaining 20+ is gold but he could be dropping 40 every so often with ease. This offense and Henry ( humble dude/nice guy) get on my nerves in regards to AJ.

• Like 3
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AJ Brown has a message for you fantasy owners:  

He should definitely see a urologist in that case.

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, CroNY said:

Man not to sound greedy but he's capable of such monstrous efforts but never gets the opportunity to really pile on stats and have an insane game. Not complaining 20+ is gold but he could be dropping 40 every so often with ease. This offense and Henry ( humble dude/nice guy) get on my nerves in regards to AJ.

I was thinking the same thing when he hit the 20 mark and then he went down for a moment with the ankle. It was like a curse that wont allow him to pop off, but this man is a stud WR1 every week 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

I was thinking the same thing when he hit the 20 mark and then he went down for a moment with the ankle. It was like a curse that wont allow him to pop off, but this man is a stud WR1 every week 

He re-aggravated his ankle?

39 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Just twisted it, came back in but its just something to monitor. He will probably rest again like he did this week and be good to go

Hope so. Really need a game like this week again next week

5 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

He is the new Julio lol

Similar weight less the height, beast YAC, limps off field all the time, lower body issues due to just being so top heavy lol

he is a gazelle 

he wore the julio jersey in pregame warm ups....

AJ Brown shows respect to Julio Jones with great gesture

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Esteel said:

News on his injury?

Brown (ankle) doesn't carry an injury designation for Sunday's game against the Lions after practicing fully Friday,Terry McCormick of TitanInsider.com reports.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What are you guys thinking for 2021?  

I'm really thinking about trading him in my dynasty league if I can get the irght deal.  I probably won't because I am a huge believer in his ability. I think he could be a top 3 WR year in and year out. 

What I'm not a believer in is his situation.  The Titans have and will be a run first team as long as they have Henry running the ball and Tanny under center.  In my 1 pt PPR league he is currently WR16. Still respectable but no where near up to what he could be.  Owners are obviously hot for him and I'm torn if he should be moved if WR1 value can be had. 

Where do you think he gets draftted next year in re-drafts.  I feel like for the near future he may be a guy who never lives up to his hype by no fault of his own.      

Ryan Tannehill is not as good as his stats, I don’t care what anyone says they’re inflated. It is border line ridiculous that AJB hasn’t received ten targets in a game the entire season. Take last nights game for example what were they down 20 and he was running Henry 4-5x in a row, is Vrabel ok? Nothing against Henry he’s a stud but cmon. 

3 minutes ago, CroNY said:

Ryan Tannehill is not as good as his stats, I don’t care what anyone says they’re inflated. It is border line ridiculous that AJB hasn’t received ten targets in a game the entire season. Take last nights game for example what were they down 20 and he was running Henry 4-5x in a row, is Vrabel ok? Nothing against Henry he’s a stud but cmon. 

Tanny is in the perfect system.   A system that allows his limited talent to work because defenses have to be so worried about stopping Henry that it opens up passing lanes.  He isn't someone who can be relied on to be the focal point of an offense.  The problem with that for people who own WRs in that system is it's going to be very hit or miss at times. 

It really just has me wondering if AJ will ever turn in numbers that he "should" be.  Again, no fault of his own...it's just the system he was drafted in to. 

For what it's worth the Titans went to the AFC Championship game last year and lead their division this year with that strategy so I don't see them changing it until Henry starts to slow down. 

• Like 1

Pending health he’d have been a top 10 wr this year and he has top 5 upside for next year.  He will be drafted as such despite the same tired narrative about it being a run first low volume team because a lot of people rightly believe in his talent.  I’m thinking he’s a late second rounder.

2 hours ago, CroNY said:

Right! The fact that the Titans were down 2 scores the whole game and Tanny only had 24 attempts is mind numbing.  AJB should of have had big numbers with that game script.  That formula worked last year but the team has to come out of it's shell if they're going to compete with some of the top AFC contenders. 

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
28 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

Pending health he’d have been a top 10 wr this year and he has top 5 upside for next year.  He will be drafted as such despite the same tired narrative about it being a run first low volume team because a lot of people rightly believe in his talent.  I’m thinking he’s a late second rounder.

I agree with you, at the end of the day I'll cave and draft him again because I love the talent. But I don't think there's anything tired about the narrative; it's real. 

I didn't need A.J. to win my championship because I got him at the end of the 3rd round this year. But as that price starts creeping up to the 2nd round, a week 15 and 16 averaging 43 yards and 4.5 receptions on 7 targets a game is definitely makes ya think is all. Especially when one was a blowout win, and the other was a blowout loss (that normally would lead garbage time for most receivers)

• Like 2
4 hours ago, cheezor42 said:

How do you come to this conclusion?  He just doesn't get enough targets.  I know he missed 2 games so I'll use AVG targets per game.  Per FantasyPros he is averaging 7.3 targets per game which is good for WR #28(one of the players averaging the same as him is Kamara). 

From what I can see he is the only player between #1(Adams at 10.9) and him that doesn't have a single double--digit target game.  It's almost impossible to put up true WR1s on the usage he saw this year and he came damn close that just shows how good he is.  As the only fantasy football saying goes though...opportunity is much more important than talent. 

• Like 2

AJ Brown averaged just over 4.5 receptions and 7 targets per game this year. 

If I were to project him for next year, assuming health...  I'd say 72.5 receptions and 1000 yards. It's all about TDs with this dude. 

Even with 6 TDs, these numbers would make him no more than a decent WR3. 

With 12 TDs, he's a low end WR1 again. 

So the question with Brown is do you want to count a guy scoring a dozen TDs. That's a gigantic risk, as TDs are the hardest thing to predict in fantasy. 

• Like 1