NBC Sports Edge Forums

I've been one of the leaders of the "does he get too few targets" but I will say I was encouraged by his usage over the last two games of the year.  Finally double digit targets.  Hearing about the knee injuries being as severe as they were I do wonder if full health open more opportunity up for him.  Maybe they were shying away from him a little more than they would if he wasn't having such a serious injury?  I don't know, I'm just guessing.  

Either way I'm starting to lean towards the notion there is some room for growth.   If he can get those targets up and stays healthy dude has the potential to be the WR1. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AJ Brown has a message for you fantasy owners:  

He should definitely see a urologist in that case.

Posted Images

Volume is great and all, but dude was #11 ranked WR in total FP's in my league (.5PPR) this past season (back end WR1 in our 12 teamer) and #15 ranked WR in total FP's in 2019 (upper end WR2), so he's in the conversation for WR1 in 2021 and trending in the right direction. His targets also went from 84 in 16 games in '19 to 106 in 14 games this past season. With an uptick in targets to somewhere in the 125-130 range (assuming 16 games), which averages out to about 8 a game, I think he returns WR1 value again next season. He's the clear #1 WR on the Titans, and Tanny seems to have a rappart (and trust) with him. He's also a YAC beast.

Definitely has 3rd round value in a 12-team snake draft.

31 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Volume is great and all, but dude was #11 ranked WR in total FP's in my league (.5PPR) this past season (back end WR1 in our 12 teamer) and #15 ranked WR in total FP's in 2019 (upper end WR2), so he's in the conversation for WR1 in 2021 and trending in the right direction. His targets also went from 84 in 16 games in '19 to 106 in 14 games this past season. With an uptick in targets to somewhere in the 125-130 range (assuming 16 games), which averages out to about 8 a game, I think he returns WR1 value again next season. He's the clear #1 WR on the Titans, and Tanny seems to have a rappart (and trust) with him. He's also a YAC beast.

Definitely has 3rd round value in a 12-team snake draft.

Actually agree with all of this.

However, by the time drafts roll around, he's not going to be a mid to late 3rd round pick. He'll probably go in the middle of the 2nd. Ahead of guys like, yes, Michael Thomas, and Keenan Allen, Justin Jefferson, ARob, Mike Evans, Kenny Golladay, McLaurin, Diontae Johnson.... 

AJ Brown should be around the 12th WR off the board next year, give or take based on preference. However, I'm willing to bet he'll be a consensus top 8 in all formats by draft season.

Titans WR A.J. Brown had 'cleanup' surgery on both knees (nfl.com)

In the linked article, there's about a 3 1/2 minute video clip of a lot of his highlights this year.  The two that stood out again was the amazing TD against the Ravens where he muscled his way into the end zone and then also the one handed TD against the Jags.  

He doesn't look like he should be fast, but he is.  He's not a burner like Tyreek where he'll be 5 yards free of the DB.  But he looks for contact.  He gets hit and bounces away from guys and is hard to bring down.  He's a red zone weapon.

The mantra on him next year will be the same as it was this year.  "If this guy could just get volume."  "If he had a QB that actually looked to throw to him."  "If they didn't have Derrick Henry at the goal line."  After watching that video, I'm excited to try to own him again next year.  He would be even better if he did get volume.  But you know what?  He's still pretty good just the way he is.  And to do it on two bum knees the entire season and put together a Pro Bowl resume?  Even more impressive.  Beast.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2021 at 2:08 PM, CooL said:

Titans WR A.J. Brown had 'cleanup' surgery on both knees (nfl.com)

In the linked article, there's about a 3 1/2 minute video clip of a lot of his highlights this year.  The two that stood out again was the amazing TD against the Ravens where he muscled his way into the end zone and then also the one handed TD against the Jags.  

He doesn't look like he should be fast, but he is.  He's not a burner like Tyreek where he'll be 5 yards free of the DB.  But he looks for contact.  He gets hit and bounces away from guys and is hard to bring down.  He's a red zone weapon.

The mantra on him next year will be the same as it was this year.  "If this guy could just get volume."  "If he had a QB that actually looked to throw to him."  "If they didn't have Derrick Henry at the goal line."  After watching that video, I'm excited to try to own him again next year.  He would be even better if he did get volume.  But you know what?  He's still pretty good just the way he is.  And to do it on two bum knees the entire season and put together a Pro Bowl resume?  Even more impressive.  Beast.

Guy can easily be the best WR in the game if the Titans offense was a pass first.