NBC Sports Edge Forums

JuJu Smith-Schuster 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

I was thinking it will cost him, I'm sure he's also making a lot of promotional $$ on TikTok and that seems to be where his head is right now. Can't wait to see who pays this guy: 

80% of the twitter respones are defending him lmfaoo

it's all of this positive feedback from fans that keeps him doing this

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this guy is too busy playing fornite and not working out.

you’re still here?

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Shocked he's back in Pitt. Don't understand why on any level. Guess he took less to come back and market wasn't what he expected but would have thought Pitt would be happy with James Washington filling his role. 

As a dynasty owner, I'm both relieved and bummed at the same time. I'm relieved that he chose Pitt over Baltimore, but bummed he chose Pitt over KC.  I guess he's still a hold and see since he's young and only signed a one year deal.

1 hour ago, Joe Mama said:

Shocked he's back in Pitt. Don't understand why on any level. Guess he took less to come back and market wasn't what he expected but would have thought Pitt would be happy with James Washington filling his role. 

It’s probably a combination of genuinely loving playing for Pittsburgh and realizing his best chance of putting up gaudy stats and maximizing his future market value lay with Ben targeting him incessantly over the middle on short/intermediate routes, as opposed to contending with Andrews for a share of a tiny passing pie, or with Kelce for an offense that flows through Kelce and Hill.

Edited by BMcP
34 minutes ago, BMcP said:

It’s probably a combination of genuinely loving playing for Pittsburgh and realizing his best chance of putting up gaudy stats and maximizing his future market value lay with Ben targeting him incessantly over the middle on short/intermediate routes, as opposed to contending with Andrews for a share of a tiny passing pie, or with Kelce for an offense that flows through Kelce and Hill.

He had 97 catches for 830 yards and 9 Tds last year. Hard to see those #s going up. I thought the writing was on the wall for a fresh start - reportedly interest from Philly too - I would've picked another team - but it's his decision obviously.

4 minutes ago, Joe Mama said:

He had 97 catches for 830 yards and 9 Tds last year. Hard to see those #s going up. I thought the writing was on the wall for a fresh start - reportedly interest from Philly too - I would've picked another team - but it's his decision obviously.

Schefter later clarified that the Eagles were not in pursuit of him.

I’d say there is at least some basis for hoping that a change of OC, along with some improvements along the line, will enhance his offensive output - and I’m sure they made some promises regarding his usage and role to entice him further - perhaps they suggested that they would prioritize providing him with a lucrative extension before the 2022 season (once the cap re-stabilizes) to ensure he remained a cornerstone of their offense for a long time to come.

Absolute insanity choosing Pitt for less money over KC. Mahomes would have at worst made him look like a great WR2 on that 1 year deal.

• Thanks 1

It will be interest how everything plays out this season with Claypool showing some diva tendencies, although he does seem to be a good teammate. $8MM per says JJ will be one of the primary targets for Ben, at least 2nd in targets share, even though he is the 3rd best receiver on the team. From a team perspective Ju Ju staying is huge because he's a good #2 and has a well rounded game, does the dirty work, etc. But Claypool's talent and elite upside is undeniable. He looks like Brandon Marshall 2.0. If he ends up being 3rd in targets this year and the Steelers struggle at all it could create a little dissention in the WR room or at least a public narrative with the media that will be a big distraction. 

3 hours ago, BMcP said:

Right. So the Chiefs offered more, but he preferred getting balls from Roethlisberger to getting them from Mahomes, *while getting paid less?

Edited by Boudewijn

Pretty much - I have no idea how likely he would’ve been to earn those incentives, but apparently the extra couple of mill wasn’t enough to uproot him.

8 hours ago, sSektor said:

Absolute insanity choosing Pitt for less money over KC. Mahomes would have at worst made him look like a great WR2 on that 1 year deal.

KC said no tik tok videos so he went back to pittsburgh where Tomlin encourages it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1