NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When Jonnu sees Firsker ball out.

Love the talent of Jonnu Smith - unsure of the opportunity. Dude is a freak athlete - 93rd percentile SPARQ score, 100th percentile breakout age, 92nd percentile college dominator rating.  So the

I'm here to say that I started this forum and I hope you all listened. Congrats if you did.

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Deke said:

TD dependent, and MAYBE the 4th red zone option? Don't like the odds. I'd honestly rather take my chances on guys like Gerald Everett, Drew Sample, Harrison Bryant, etc. at this point. 

Most important to me is that he looked healthy again.   He's basically the Mike Williams of TE at this point.  You'll never know when he pops but he will every two or three games.

The fact that Corey Davis blew up kind of shows that this isn't a AJ Brown in or out rationale for his big games.

And I know this is hindsight but the Cincy TE numbers were skewed by the 3 Browns TE TDs the week before.

2 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Most important to me is that he looked healthy again.   He's basically the Mike Williams of TE at this point.  You'll never know when he pops but he will every two or three games.

The fact that Corey Davis blew up kind of shows that this isn't a AJ Brown in or out rationale for his big games.

And I know this is hindsight but the Cincy TE numbers were skewed by the 3 Browns TE TDs the week before.

He could be the healthiest guy in the league and it won't matter if he's not part of the offense.

• Thanks 1

Tanny hits his first read 90% of the time.  He simply hasn’t been gameplanned any primary reads since his injury.  I think he’ll get worked back into the offense to the tune of 3-4 designed targets a game plus a couple random looks bringing him back to the TE1 conversation. But we shall see. Until he gets featured a few times per game again it’s a problem 

28 minutes ago, Deke said:

TD dependent, and MAYBE the 4th red zone option? Don't like the odds. I'd honestly rather take my chances on guys like Gerald Everett, Drew Sample, Harrison Bryant, etc. at this point. 

Those guys are all worse.

• Like 2

Man, I was here 2 weeks ago sounding the alarm about this, and I was really hoping I was wrong. IDK why, but it seems like based on what I've seen he's been moved to the blocking TE and Firkser is in there on more passing plays (3rd and 7, etc). Anyone else seeing this too? This feels like a huge problem. I'm interested to see not only the snap breakdown, but the routes run breakdown. I didn't see Firkser coming in and being a legitimate option to steal passing down work considering how good Jonnu is with the ball in his hands....

Ugh!

Emerging Corey Davis is the main problem here. He's the new Jonnu Smith lol

Downright criminal not sending at least 6 targets a game to this monster. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 2
13 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... the doom and gloom is actually in the boxscore, friendo - we are simply the mirror. 

Looking for a Kittle replacement. I can buy low on Jonnu. Wondering if that reflection might start looking better in the coming weeks...

1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

Looking for a Kittle replacement. I can buy low on Jonnu. Wondering if that reflection might start looking better in the coming weeks...

I don't know at this point. Between AJ Brown and Corey Davis (smh) there are too many mouths to feed here. Jonnu is basically Mark Andrews with a lower ceiling.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

I don't know at this point. Between AJ Brown and Corey Davis (smh) there are too many mouths to feed here. Jonnu is basically Mark Andrews with a lower ceiling.

Ugh, yeah... I hate the TE position. 

2 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

I really don't think those 2 guys are the problem. The problem is that Anthony Firkser has come out of nowhere to siphon considerable targets and snaps on passing downs:

Jonnu | Firkser in targets since week 5 (Firkser first considerable game)

W8: 2 | 3

W7: 4 | 2

W6 X | X (Injury for Jonnu - Firkser BALLED)

W5: 7 | 5

TO: 13 | 10

13 targets in 3 games just isn't really gonna cut it. Imagine if the split was more like 18 | 5 .. then we'd be talking. 

Firkser was not targeted in week 4. Idk if his amazing week 6 led to him taking this role on, or what, but I really think if this doesn't change in the next week or two we're talking about a guy with a 1 point floor for the ROS.

• Like 1
Just now, aapox said:

I really don't think those 2 guys are the problem. The problem is that Anthony Firkser has come out of nowhere to siphon considerable targets and snaps on passing downs:

Jonnu | Firkser in targets since week 5 (Firkser first considerable game)

W8: 2 | 3

W7: 4 | 2

W6 X | X (Injury for Jonnu - Firkser BALLED)

W5: 7 | 5

TO: 13 | 10

13 targets in 3 games just isn't really gonna cut it. Imagine if the split was more like 18 | 5 .. then we'd be talking. 

Firkser was not targeted in week 4. Idk if his amazing week 6 led to him taking this role on, or what, but I really think if this doesn't change in the next week or two we're talking about a guy with a 1 point floor for the ROS.

This is also terrifying.

"Problem" for fantasy is Jonnu is a great blocker as well. Titans have no issues putting him one-on-one with top edge rushers and as key blocker opening up lanes for Henry in the run game. I didn't watch last game or read snap breakdown but losing their stud LT Taylor Lewan for the year isn't going to make Jonnu any less needed staying in for blocking.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Alconbury said:

"Problem" for fantasy is Jonnu is a great blocker as well. Titans have no issues putting him one-on-one with top edge rushers and as key blocker opening up lanes for Henry in the run game. I didn't watch last game or read snap breakdown but losing their stud LT Taylor Lewan for the year isn't going to make Jonnu any less needed staying in for blocking.

This is a great take. I have a hard time saying that just because both Brown and Davis are healthy, they will chose not to utilize a weapon like Jonnu, but without Lewan they may be forced to utilize his blocking instead. 

Now I'm a little worried. 

1 hour ago, Deke said:

yep they are. Talent wise. But fantasy wise they have a higher floor 

Drew Sample has a higher floor? He's a combined 4 games of 2 catches for 7 yards... Everertt and Bryant are only useful if Higbee and Hooper are not playing.

• Like 1

Corey Davis has been smoking. Hot waiver pickup this week. 

If history is any guide, this is where he predictably flops because he's in starting lineups. CHI tough on WRs.

Maybe Davis down will mean Smith up.

Wishful thinking, but...