NBC Sports Edge Forums

38 minutes ago, paulwall29 said:

Colts are the best team in the league against TE's. The question is, who are you starting over him?

35 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

They design plays for Jonnu at the goal line.  That’s not luck lol.  Who else do you have that’s any better?  

On that team I have Hurst, going forward I'd rather rely on Hurst based on the previous month's worth of games.

There are certainly worse options than Jonnu, but Tennessee simply doesn't pass the ball a lot and Jonny simply isn't getting a lot of targets now that the other WRs are healthy.  He's a TD-or-bust option like most TEs now.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When Jonnu sees Firsker ball out.

Love the talent of Jonnu Smith - unsure of the opportunity. Dude is a freak athlete - 93rd percentile SPARQ score, 100th percentile breakout age, 92nd percentile college dominator rating.  So the

I'm here to say that I started this forum and I hope you all listened. Congrats if you did.

Posted Images

My biggest takeaway is he looks fully healthy off the ankle injury and they tried to force feed him the ball when they needed to score. Let’s see if they get him more involved sooner than later moving forward but I’m more optimistic than I was coming into his matchup 

• Like 1

He looked healthy and was open on a few plays where Tannehill was getting pressured and didn't see him. 

6 targets and a goalline rush is a good game for him. I have him and Goedert and he'll probably be riding the bench for now, but I'll be holding in case he sees another 5+ targets next week. The guy is a freak and if they go back to feeding him at any point, he's a top 5 TE. 

I thought that on a couple of plays he could have used his body better.

The DB kept coming from behind him, reaching around, and knocking the pass away just as it got to him. 

If he used his body better to keep the DB away from getting to the ball and moved towards the pass as it arrived, he probably would have had at least 3 more catches.

I think if he wants to get into the TE echelon, this is something he needs to work on and be aware of.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, rabaak said:

I thought that on a couple of plays he could have used his body better.

The DB kept coming from behind him, reaching around, and knocking the pass away just as it got to him. 

If he used his body better to keep the DB away from getting to the ball and moved towards the pass as it arrived, he probably would have had at least 3 more catches.

I think if he wants to get into the TE echelon, this is something he needs to work on and be aware of.

I noticed this as well.  He needs to come back to the ball better and attack it... he didn't even jump for one of them that could of been an easy catch.

• Like 1
On 7/22/2020 at 6:16 PM, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

5 targets a game is well within reach, he averaged slightly over 4 targets / game after Walker went down last year 

Doesn’t hurt that Tannehill and Smith have been working out together on a weekly basis. 

No reason he won’t see 80-90 targets this year. Or are people still pretending Corey Davis is gonna be a thing? 

Ask Bill Belichek what he thinks of this guy. I’m not the only one who sees when he touches the ball, very good things tend to happen. 

47 targets, around 4.7/ game - your boy needs to pick it up to hit 80-90.

Really disappointed in how this has played out for Jonnu. I can't be alone in thinking I absolutely nailed this pick. I dont know if its the ankle, the Tennessee offense seemingly having lost some of their rhythm and consistency(Lewan injury?), or both, but hes gone from a set and forget top notch option to a guy you are just praying finds the end zone. Maybe next year it really comes together completely I'll be paying close attention to his free agency.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

Really disappointed in how this has played out for Jonnu. I can't be alone in thinking I absolutely nailed this pick. I dont know if its the ankle, the Tennessee offense seemingly having lost some of their rhythm and consistency(Lewan injury?), or both, but hes gone from a set and forget top notch option to a guy you are just praying finds the end zone. Maybe next year it really comes together completely I'll be paying close attention to his free agency.

Compared to last match-up Indy is down some key cogs along the entire defensive spectrum. Again, no slot man Adam Hump for this one. It stinks he is getting dinged a bit because he can block more than competently...and his back up can not, but that is where we are (with the tackles being injured). It is still a better than good offense overall...he is the RZ weapon, hopefully he gets more run between the 20s--like most sane coordinators would do!

On 11/13/2020 at 12:36 AM, ZappB said:

On that team I have Hurst, going forward I'd rather rely on Hurst based on the previous month's worth of games.

There are certainly worse options than Jonnu, but Tennessee simply doesn't pass the ball a lot and Jonny simply isn't getting a lot of targets now that the other WRs are healthy.  He's a TD-or-bust option like most TEs now.

Well, Hurst certainly didn't work out.  Back to the drawing board.  

Hopefully IND can score enough to force TEN into airing it out.

Edited by ZappB
6 minutes ago, HarambeLives said:

Just stop letting him suit up please. 

I’m so sick of this dude/his offense. His floor is literally zero like he drops today. His ceiling of 8-10 (if he happens to catch a 1 yard TD) is not worth his floor.  No way I can trust this dude in the playoffs.  I’d rather roll the dice on waiver trash like Reed. 

1 hour ago, KennyWoo said:

12 catches in his last 7 games.  Remember when this guy was being hyped as the next Darren Waller?  

Different system entirely. Jonnu has the skills to be a top end TE but instead they can just let him block for Henry who eats up every defense he faces. Probably will be one of those better in real life vs fantasy type players until something major changes. 

• Like 1