NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When Jonnu sees Firsker ball out.

Love the talent of Jonnu Smith - unsure of the opportunity. Dude is a freak athlete - 93rd percentile SPARQ score, 100th percentile breakout age, 92nd percentile college dominator rating.  So the

I'm here to say that I started this forum and I hope you all listened. Congrats if you did.

Posted Images

People will point to his big games happening when one of the WR were out, but I swear the drop off has more to do with Lewan's injury. Once he went down, we saw a drastic change in the amount of targets he was getting compared to the other TE. He's a great blocker and they need him there more. 

So basically, I don't see it changing anytime soon and would be super scared to rely on him in a 'win or go home' situation like a playoff game. Might actually drop him and hope to plant a mine somewhere else. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
On 12/1/2020 at 7:59 AM, afl5013 said:

People will point to his big games happening when one of the WR were out, but I swear the drop off has more to do with Lewan's injury. Once he went down, we saw a drastic change in the amount of targets he was getting compared to the other TE. He's a great blocker and they need him there more. 

So basically, I don't see it changing anytime soon and would be super scared to rely on him in a 'win or go home' situation like a playoff game. Might actually drop him and hope to plant a mine somewhere else. 

I think you're 100% right on this. He looked downright deadly until that happened, and I spent the next couple weeks arguing with some film guys on twitter about how there's no way a team would be dumb enough to put such an explosive guy on the line instead of downfield. Should have moved him ASAP. 

At this point, I'm not even sure if he's healthy, either. Very much considering dropping him as well. 

Any Titans fans want to make the outlook a little rosier? 

Honestly don't think he's hurt. I think he keeps punk'n Vrabel and the O-coordinators at team practices for not feeding him. Only way they get him back is pulling him out game scripts. No other reason why Grendel is not being feed properly. 

4 minutes ago, ree10 said:

Looks like Jonnu is a go. Top 10 TE this week? 

Nah I don't think so. He very well might finish as one--because at the TE position that basically amounts to anyone that scores a TD...but even his biggest fans (I am one) can't rank him as a top 10 play going into this week. It is equal parts returning from the injury and the practically insane way they have deployed him for the last several weeks. For all we know it is Swaim and Fisky that will eat up the TE targets?

48 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Seems like week 12 he stayed in to block more and the offense was humming. Might see more of that with the OLine hurting.

Taylor Lewan going down was the dagger to Jonnu’s fantasy production.

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread.

Very true. 

• Like 1

He'd actually been trending in the right direction in terms of targets before the Colts game two weeks ago, then he was injured. We'll see, but don't think he's any worse than the rest of the TE pool below the top 3-4 guys. Probably higher than usual likelihood of a TD since the Titans should be in the red zone quite a bit.

Edited by LongBalls
  • 2 weeks later...