NBC Sports Edge Forums

Hayden Hurst 2020 Outlook

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you guys are making a grave mistake. BIG BRATWURST HURST BOUT TO POP OFF THIS WEEK 2 CATCHES 15 YARDS 0 TDS BOOK IT.

Julio in = Hayden Hurst. Julio out = Hayden Hurts.

It says something when the Ravens trade a backup tight end for a 2nd round pick and there's mixed reactions from the fans.  This guy is talented and people remember him outrunning everyone for a long

Just now, Tribe Called Questionable said:

This Gage character took all his stats. Better days ahead.

True, but you couldn’t ask for a better game script. Justin Gage has been with the team for a while now and is trusted. Gage can be a legitimate third option from here on out. The Falcons have always done this. Instead of Sanu, we have Gage now

11 hours ago, theantishere said:

still have high hopes for him. next week can't come fast enough cause he's the person on my team i'm most anxious to see another game of. 

Same here. Let's see what next week brings us before making any hasty decisions.

Ridley's not blowing up like that every game, nor will Russell Gage garner 12 targets weekly. 

Hayden did get 5 himself .. it's not that bad. Had he got a touchdown, it would've been a good day.

Give him 3-4 weeks, before re-assessing a drop or hold.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, RunCMC said:

Same here. Let's see what next week brings us before making any hasty decisions.

Ridley's not blowing up like that every game, nor will Russell Gage garner 12 targets weekly. 

Hayden did get 5 himself .. it's not that bad. Had he got a touchdown, it would've been a good day.

Give him 3-4 weeks, before re-assessing a drop or hold.

They have Wagner, Diggs, and Adams. No Te is going to have a fun time against Seattle this season. 

• Like 1

Hurst is going to be fine.  You all realize it was his first game as the number 1, coming back off major injury, on a new team, against a brutal defense against TE's?

I am looking up who owns him in my league and offer him a trade.

3 hours ago, Conscious Pilot said:

I grabbed this guy in the 8th round thinking h was good value. Doesn’t really pass the eye test for me. Saw nothing special. Tempted to drop already for Goedert

spacer.png

Did you miss his diving catch with a defender draped on him? How many TEs are coming down with that? Most players are going to look like a JAG with Wagner or Adams. Hang in there a few more weeks.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

They have Wagner, Diggs, and Adams. No Te is going to have a fun time against Seattle this season. 

Oh believe I know, his usage and targets is what I'll be looking at.

It might just be a touchdown or bust game. 

Thats why I think 3-4 weeks is a perfect timeline to evaluate Hurst & his roll in this offense, or lack there of. 

Doing the same with Fant and Gesicki, out of the 3 I'll find my starting TE for the ROS.

Or keep 2 and play matchups.

4 hours ago, Conscious Pilot said:

I grabbed this guy in the 8th round thinking h was good value. Doesn’t really pass the eye test for me. Saw nothing special. Tempted to drop already for Goedert

spacer.png

I guess you missed this catch: https://twitter.com/JimNagy_SB/status/1305328250344935426

He has super speed watching him on the field. How did he not pass the eye past for you?

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️

That was probably the TE unfriendliest matchup there is. Ryan still looked at him, not only on short throws, on deep ones, too. I've seen everything I wanted to see. Would it be nicer if he had a TD and more yards? sure. But in this f*cked up first covid week I'm happy with what I can get if the arrow is pointing up and - oh boy - it is with this fella.

• Like 1