NBC Sports Edge Forums

4 hours ago, devaster said:

Just for kicks. If Gore is the perfect example of a stat-compiler, then find me an example of another stat-compiler RB with a career like his.

If you look at players with 10+ years, 10k+ yards, but no first team All pro, you get guys like Ricky Watters or Warrick Dunn. Certainly good players, but I don't think they're anyone's hill to die on when it comes to the HoF - neither of them had a 2000 yd season though.

If you look at players with 15+ years and 15.000+ yards, you get a list of only 3 players. That's a pretty elite list for Gore to be in.

I guess Gore is at the door, but not quite in yet. All he needs is another 2000/10 season and I think we can safely say he's in.

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 3
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

“I am Franklin Gore, born 400 years ago in the highlands of Scotland. I am Immortal, and I am not alone. For centuries we have waited for the time of the Gathering, when the hand-off of a football and

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Sack Exchange said:

at 5:00, this cornell highlight represents his intensity + range

and at 10 seconds in, fan notes whitney "couldn't entertain a dead rat"

Do you honestly want to spar regarding the range and power of Whitney Houston????  

Yes she lost most of her vocals after dealing with drugs and age caught up to her but come on, really???

Prime Whitney Houston was a FORCE of nature given by God Almighty himself Cornell can't in the words of MC Hammer touch this.

And I LOVE Cornell. 

Now why am I have trouble embedding videos here?  It's been a long time since I've done it. 

Let me give you a reminder and sample of prime Whitney's pure POWER sounded like.

I found out the problem. Youtube wouldn't let me embed the video just showing right to highlight at the Superbowl.

So here's another.  Please don't compare.  It just can't be done.

Apparently this thread is now about the vocal range of singers.

Join is next week in the Tom Brady Outlook thread where we'll be discussing who was more important to American Literature, Melville or Hawthorne?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Apparently this thread is now about the vocal range of singers.

Join is next week in the Tom Brady Outlook thread where we'll be discussing who was more important to American Literature, Melville or Hawthorne?

tenor.gif

(Melville obviously. Come on.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
56 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I guess Gore is at the door, but not quite in yet. All he needs is another 2000/10 season and I think we can safely say he's in.

lol

5 hours ago, hockeyfan77 said:

Ok, back to Gore: if Eli is in the Hall, Gore should be

If Gore finishes with the exact career he has had, plus making incredible plays in clutch time to win two Superbowls, then I feel he will be deserving. 

Being the NFL's 40th best running back for 10 straight years after all his peers have retired?  Uh, more like just odd imo.

9 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

If Gore finishes with the exact career he has had, plus making incredible plays in clutch time to win two Superbowls, then I feel he will be deserving. 

Being the NFL's 40th best running back for 10 straight years after all his peers have retired?  Uh, more like just odd imo.

Glad you stated you opinion, he is hoping Gase and the Jets win the Super Bowl the next two years!  :)   It's a team sport, gotta love football

1 hour ago, Rush2112 said:

And Gase will start Gore over Bell this year. 

And, even starting, the 100/300/3 over under line looks about right.

3 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

Good for him still got that itch to play football. 

I think his goal is to be on the same NFL field with his son. Then he will retire at halftime of said game.

I'm a Jets fan and while this signing makes no sense IMO, that doesn't mean Gore wasn't an all-time great. He's absolutely a HOF'er and you don't put up numbers like this without being great:
image.png.77a163b25a2aa29a2cd7a08724ad9dcf.png

image.png.63311c0cadd0e7b79454df7810e0da30.png

Additional fun fact, for those who would criticize him for being on mediocre teams...the one time Gore got to the Super Bowl, he made the most of it, rushing 19 times for 110 yards and a TD (and he had big games in the two playoff games prior to that). 

2 minutes ago, Corleone said:

I'm a Jets fan and while this signing makes no sense IMO, that doesn't mean Gore wasn't an all-time great. He's absolutely a HOF'er and you don't put up numbers like this without being great:
image.png.77a163b25a2aa29a2cd7a08724ad9dcf.png

image.png.63311c0cadd0e7b79454df7810e0da30.png

Additional fun fact, for those who would criticize him for being on mediocre teams...the one time Gore got to the Super Bowl, he made the most of it, rushing 19 times for 110 yards and a TD (and he had big games in the two playoff games prior to that). 

I’m with you on the HOF analysis - but you don’t approve of a one-year deal for a team mentor, player-coach type?

Just now, BMcP said:

I’m with you on the HOF analysis - but you don’t approve of a one-year deal for a team mentor, player-coach type?

I'd rather just sign him to be a full-time coach. I don't think it will help the Jets to give carries to Gore at the expense of Bell (or any other RB on the roster).

1 minute ago, Corleone said:

I'd rather just sign him to be a full-time coach. I don't think it will help the Jets to give carries to Gore at the expense of Bell (or any other RB on the roster).

I’d expect him to just be used to lighten the load on Bell a bit.  Then again, this is Gase we’re talking about.

So you have my condolences.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, BMcP said:

I’d expect him to just be used to lighten the load on Bell a bit.  Then again, this is Gase we’re talking about.

So you have my condolences.

Exactly. Who knows? Maybe Gase will get fired early in the season and Gore will get hired as interim head coach. He can then bench himself (and get psyched for the future trip to Canton).

• Haha 1
Just now, Corleone said:

Exactly. Who knows? Maybe Gase will get fired early in the season and Gore will get hired as interim head coach. He can then bench himself (and get psyched for the future trip to Canton).

Or: he decides he’s gunning for the record and puts himself out there for every offensive snap.

• Haha 1
Just now, BMcP said:

Or: he decides he’s gunning for the record and puts himself out there for every offensive snap.

Now if that happened, I'd embrace it and probably pony up $10 for a ticket to see a game in person.

• Like 1

1,000 yards rushing in a 16 game season does not impress me.  It is some magical number for some reason.  2,000 combined rushing and receiving?  Yes.  If McCaffrey has 4-5 more seasons like the one he just had, he will be deserving.