NBC Sports Edge Forums

3 minutes ago, Black_Panther said:

Honestly....

Stats are great and all but that shouldn’t be the only defining thing. Frank Gore is fringe HOFer.

Marshawn Lynch far more deserving of HOF. Was the heart and soul of that Seattle offense during their peak and went on to snare a Superbowl with him as the focal point of that offense and to be frank it should have been 2 in a row. Compare the best of highlight reels of Lynch and Gore and it’s pretty clear to me who is the more damaging runner.

... and Lynch will get in - don't think he's eligible yet. 

won't be first ballot, but i think he's a lock, so, dunno what the fuss is about 🤷‍♂️

the guys i cited (Edge/SJax) truly are fringe, but more deserving than Gore. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

“I am Franklin Gore, born 400 years ago in the highlands of Scotland. I am Immortal, and I am not alone. For centuries we have waited for the time of the Gathering, when the hand-off of a football and

Posted Images

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... and Lynch will get in - don't think he's eligible yet. 

won't be first ballot, but i think he's a lock, so, dunno what the fuss is about 🤷‍♂️

the guys i cited (Edge/SJax) truly are fringe, but more deserving than Gore. 

Agreed, if you take Gore's best 3 years (consecutive or otherwise) there's probably 25+ non-HoF RBs who have had a better 3 year stretch. 

Gore had only 1 truly elite statistical season, and very good/good/acceptable seasons the rest of his long career.

It's ironic because we rightfully consider him such an ironman today, but the biggest thing that might hurt his case was missing games in 07/08/09/10. If he had played full 16's those seasons and reached 1,200 rushing yards (he was on a per game pace in those seasons), he'd have a better argument with a seven year stretch of 1,200+ rushing.

Edited by vercrazy
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, blueselvedge said:

Thank god your definition doesnt define a HOF'er

And you think Gore has had a HOF career? The Hall should be for players who were elite among their peers, not for players who compiled stats just because they played a bunch of years. He topped 1,215 yards rushing once. He hit double-digit TDs once. In his prime, he was the definition of good-not-great. Put him in the Hall of Good, but he doesn’t belong in the Hall of Fame. He has never been an elite RB outside of his 2nd season and maybe his 5th. 

• Thanks 2

What's the expectation on his usage this week (not ROS), do they still use him like they did when Bell was hurt or do they split the work w Perine?  [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
On 10/14/2020 at 9:36 AM, Flyman75 said:

And you think Gore has had a HOF career? The Hall should be for players who were elite among their peers, not for players who compiled stats just because they played a bunch of years. He topped 1,215 yards rushing once. He hit double-digit TDs once. In his prime, he was the definition of good-not-great. Put him in the Hall of Good, but he doesn’t belong in the Hall of Fame. He has never been an elite RB outside of his 2nd season and maybe his 5th. 

This will be Gore's 5th season out of the last 6 where he will average less than 4 YPC. 

People love to use the overall rushing totals that have come strictly because he has played forever, but want to cherry pick and pretend that his effectiveness hasn't been horrible those seasons. 

I wonder if these same people would want say a Jarvis Landry in the HOF if he plays until he's 38 and averages 800 yards a season, that would also put him in the top 5 all-time for receiving yards.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, RepoMan said:

This will be Gore's 5th season out of the last 6 where he will average less than 4 YPC. 

People love to use the overall rushing totals that have come strictly because he has played forever, but want to cherry pick and pretend that his effectiveness hasn't been horrible those seasons. 

I wonder if these same people would want say a Jarvis Landry in the HOF if he plays until he's 38 and averages 800 yards a season, that would also put him in the top 5 all-time for receiving yards.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 10/14/2020 at 9:20 AM, mrfrood said:

Looks like he has had some tough matchups. It seems like Gase likes him as well. Maybe he gets 15 carries this week?

1 hour ago, nk2333 said:

I'm curious to see what happens now that Bell is gone.  Not expecting much production, but Gase seems to love this guy.  He should get 15-20 touches until Gase eventually gets fired. 

So what? I get it, in certain league sizes and with injuries or covid you might be desperate. If you're really desperate, sure. Or if you're in a point per carry league or something weird. But otherwise, what's the appeal here? Praying for a touchdown to go with his meager yard totals? He won't break a long run so his upside is capped there. It's a terrible offense so goal line carries are few and far between. He might get 1-2 targets so his ppr upside is also limited. 

If we're being generous, his realistic upside is around 15 carries for 60 yards. I get more excited over wet farts.

• Haha 4
  • 1 month later...
On 10/16/2020 at 10:00 PM, RepoMan said:

I agree with you and it seems like an unpopular opinion because everyone loves Frank, especially Adam Gase, but he really isn’t HOF material and anyone using career rushing yards as the main reason for qualification hasn’t really taken everything else into account. The only active rb imo right at this moment that should be in hall of fame is Adrian Peterson. In years to come CMac, Dalvin, Kamara, Henry and Elliott are well under way and I would argue some of these guys are ahead of Gore already based on skill set, receiving skills and gamebreaking plays that all go into the equation of why the game is played - a Super Bowl victory. Plodding away for 3 or 4 yards in what seems like forever just doesn’t do it for me and is not championship or hall of fame material. A nice hefty paycheck for a very long time and adulation from your teammates and coaches seems like reward enough.

As far as his fantasy prospects are concerned seems like he is capped at around 12 points if he can snag a TD but more likely falls in the 4-7 points range most weeks. If you’re desperate better than zero points but ceiling is very low.

On 10/16/2020 at 8:00 AM, RepoMan said:

well yea he's old and has played for horrid teams outside of the colts one or 2 years

Look at adrian peterson's last couple of seasons. Not good. Guess what? He's been old for a while now

Frank Gore at the end of the day is a hall of famer whether you like it or not

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Chippa said:

well yea he's old and has played for horrid teams outside of the colts one or 2 years

Look at adrian peterson's last couple of seasons. Not good. Guess what? He's been old for a while now

Frank Gore at the end of the day is a hall of famer whether you like it or not

The only people with more all-time yards than him are Emmitt Smith, Walter Payton, and Jerry Rice. I understand to an extent what others are saying here but his overall stats simply supersede that quite easily in my opinion. 

In saying all that he will in someones fantasy championship lineup this year wether you like or not lol

8 minutes ago, peleincubus said:

The only people with more all-time yards than him are Emmitt Smith, Walter Payton, and Jerry Rice. I understand to an extent what others are saying here but his overall stats simply supersede that quite easily in my opinion. 

In saying all that he will in someones fantasy championship lineup this year wether you like or not lol

is gore any of those guys you mentioned? no.

but longevity and being top 5 in rushing yards should count for something. You cant be a scrub and be top 5 in yards all time while being a bum. Jerome Bettis is in the hall, and he was never better than Gore

Edited by Chippa

I dropped him last week for other stashes(who sucked) and am kind of tempted to go back and get him in my deep league for depth. The upside is somewhat limited because he's 58 years old but the touches are great and he's still actually a solid RB. Decent chance for a TD every week. 

1 hour ago, owenmills said:

I dropped him last week for other stashes(who sucked) and am kind of tempted to go back and get him in my deep league for depth. The upside is somewhat limited because he's 58 years old but the touches are great and he's still actually a solid RB. Decent chance for a TD every week. 

*According to ESPN, Gore is only 57.

7BEEE691-8FA6-47FB-A91E-B31BC0AB33A3.jpeg

• Haha 1