Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

How will your league deal with the 2021 draft?


Recommended Posts

This years a wash for us.  Even if they announced baseball was starting in a week, there's too many unknowns.  Some players  may not show. Ballparks are completely different.  The season may end on a dime. We might do a just for fun,no money, non keeper this year and everything from 2019 carries over to 2021,keepers, draft order,traded picks.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2020 at 6:51 PM, Cesare13 said:

This years a wash for us.  Even if they announced baseball was starting in a week, there's too many unknowns.  Some players  may not show. Ballparks are completely different.  The season may end on a dime. We might do a just for fun,no money, non keeper this year and everything from 2019 carries over to 2021,keepers, draft order,traded picks.


Despite what others have said, I think this is the best route...2019 carries over to 2021. Draft in 2021 based on the end of the 2019 season. Frankly, I don’t understand the argument to the contrary. If the 2020 season isn’t played, then why and how would you completely reset the 2021 draft? Doesn’t make sense...reset it to what? I don’t get at all how option 3 should be the choice in Eco’s first scenario. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Flyman75 said:


Despite what others have said, I think this is the best route...2019 carries over to 2021. Draft in 2021 based on the end of the 2019 season. Frankly, I don’t understand the argument to the contrary. If the 2020 season isn’t played, then why and how would you completely reset the 2021 draft? Doesn’t make sense...reset it to what? I don’t get at all how option 3 should be the choice in Eco’s first scenario. 

Because everyone will be a year older, players will change teams, some players will be called up, etc.

Just because they're not playing games doesn't mean the world is suspended in animation.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2020 at 9:11 AM, Ecofolux said:

The "punishment" is losing all the picks I traded for and never even got the chance to use them, costing me potential money and championships.

Hypothetical Example: During the 2019 season I traded many players for picks and had to concede the 2019 season early then I would have liked. Oh well, at least greatly upgraded for the 2020 draft. Let's say I had three picks in the 1st round, three picks in the 2nd and 3 picks in the 3rd. The 2020 draft completes. Then the 2020 season is cancelled and doesn't happen at all. Then 2021 baseball picks up and all my picks are forgotten and we have a neutral draft? Seems like I'm the only one getting a bum deal. Just sucks to be the sacrificial lamb

 

Isn't it a keeper league though?  If you had that great of a draft, don't you have an advantage going into '21 with better keeper options?

I kind of see your point, but wouldn't it be unfair to give you the advantage of being able to keep the players you drafted in '20 AND give you all those picks again in '21?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

Isn't it a keeper league though? 

My league specifically keeps 6 players year to year, keep them as long as you want.

If you had that great of a draft, don't you have an advantage going into '21 with better keeper options? If we have a 2020 "season" there is potential for someone I drafted to breakout and replace one of my 6 superstars. But if there isn't a 2020 season, I would keep the same 6 players but would lose the benefit of having the awesome draft, which is unfair.

but wouldn't it be unfair to give you the advantage of being able to keep the players you drafted in '20 AND give you all those picks again in '21? If 2020 is not played, I never received an advantage. I deserve my advantage in 2021. If the 2020 "season" is played, I did receive an advantage and 2021 draft order will not be duplicated from 2020.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ecofolux said:

My league specifically keeps 6 players year to year, keep them as long as you want.

If you had that great of a draft, don't you have an advantage going into '21 with better keeper options? If we have a 2020 "season" there is potential for someone I drafted to breakout and replace one of my 6 superstars. But if there isn't a 2020 season, I would keep the same 6 players but would lose the benefit of having the awesome draft, which is unfair.

but wouldn't it be unfair to give you the advantage of being able to keep the players you drafted in '20 AND give you all those picks again in '21? If 2020 is not played, I never received an advantage. I deserve my advantage in 2021. If the 2020 "season" is played, I did receive an advantage and 2021 draft order will not be duplicated from 2020.

Same thing happened to the Minnesota Twins. A real team who invests millions. Maybe they should follow your advice and tell everyone how it isn’t fair to them. 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Maybe they should follow your advice and tell everyone how it isn’t fair to them. 

I think they should! They'd probably win about 10 more games if they just took my advice consistently  :D  The decision unanimously passed in my league when the issue was brought up. Rosters will carry over to 2021 if the 2020 season is not played. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...