NBC Sports Edge Forums

Saquon Barkley 2020 Outlook

8 minutes ago, RevisAteMyQB said:

The play before, he nearly dislocated his elbow. 

the guy can’t do anything without being extra, and while I applaud the tenacity, he’s not built to withstand it, clearly. 

the ego is the size of the hulk of any of these NFL players especially the elite talented skill position players, they'll do and attempt anything (hurdles) to get on espn highlights 

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The other 3 teams in your league are in big trouble, for sure. 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, nk2333 said:

any hope that it won't be a torn ACL?  Has there ever been a case where the initial report wasn't correct?

I know..... it’s hard letting go.  But you have to make your peace with this. 

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, nk2333 said:

any hope that it won't be a torn ACL?  Has there ever been a case where the initial report wasn't correct?

It’s pretty easy to get the acl diagnosis right. Manual tests can be 90% sure. 

tomorrow mri for further details regarding total damage.  I own saquon and am not holding any hope here. He’s torn and gone for the season. 

30 minutes ago, Semitar said:

The owner in my dynasty league wants to ship him out.

Any thoughts on what his trade value is long term?

He’s selling at an all time low. I don’t get it.

Gauging value is impossible in my opinion. But if anyone might have an ACL heal like AP’s did, I’d put my money on Barkley. But will it ever matter? Horrible team, turnover machine QB, line never improves, always getting injured?

• Like 1

If you’re a Barkley dynasty owner, that means you watch every snap you can, and what they tells you is—this guy is a ticking time bomb. 3 outcomes for Barkley. Loss of yards. 50 yards. Or the dreaded butthole clencher where he looks like his knee and or ankle is about to pop like a balloon. 

The play before he tore his knee—he nearly tore his elbow. Hamstrings and ankles and knees and elbows. He’s got two of each, and not enough elasticity to support that freakish build. 

If I’m a dynasty owner—I want out for anything close to 50 cents on the dollar. 

4 minutes ago, RevisAteMyQB said:

If you’re a Barkley dynasty owner, that means you watch every snap you can, and what they tells you is—this guy is a ticking time bomb. 3 outcomes for Barkley. Loss of yards. 50 yards. Or the dreaded butthole clencher where he looks like his knee and or ankle is about to pop like a balloon. 

The play before he tore his knee—he nearly tore his elbow. Hamstrings and ankles and knees and elbows. He’s got two of each, and not enough elasticity to support that freakish build. 

If I’m a dynasty owner—I want out for anything close to 50 cents on the dollar. 

Besides injury risk, there is a Daniel Jones risk - if Jones does not develop, then team will be a slump for 3 to 4 years, lowering Barkley during his prime years.  I just traded Barkley in a a  dynasty league for 1st and 2nd round picks and Todd Gurley.    Based on Fantsy Pros dynasty trading chart if those picks are in middle of their rounds, I got about +10 points in the trade and that value was before the injury. 

Edited by nine9s

Here we go again...

He was pretty much the consensus #2 in drafts, which was puzzling to me as he struggled last year with injury and only redeemed his season with a huge fantasy playoff performance that carried his owners to the ship.  Had I had the #2 pick this year, I would have gone easily with Zeke, who is durable as heck.  I know, easy for me to say now that the injury happened, and I didn't have to make this decision in any of my drafts so I can't show screenshots.  

Unfortunate and yes, his dynasty outlook is clouded.

• Like 1