Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Saquon Barkley 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

 

They're also conveniently ignoring the post previously where I highlighted how he had 5th most and 12th most 1st downs the last two seasons. How is that not "down2down" football?

It's like they think Saquon accidentally gets a 99 yard each game and the rest of his rushes are for 0 yards each. 

Put it this way, if a healthy Saquon was magically added to any arbitrary team in the league, is that team now better? That's a pretty simple way to assess that he's a good player.

Exactly...imagine what he would do on, say, the Packers, Ravens, Steelers or Falcons (if/when healthy). You know, non dumpster fire clubs with good OLs and other weapons. 

I hope he gets healed up and gets the hell away from the NYG mess. Seems like a great kid. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The other 3 teams in your league are in big trouble, for sure. 

Posted Images

I never said he wasn't good at football either. I said he is overrated. People think he is some generational talent when every other game is a 16-40-0 line. In the open field and with lanes he is great, we saw that in last years fantasy playoffs. I wasn't saying DJ is washed either, Anybody can one good year. He is Def top 8 I'd say

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think home dude has a point with the success rate thing. 

You know who had top tier success rates last year? Latavius Murray, Jordan Howard, Gus Edwards and Kerryon Johnson. 

You know who had a success rate similar to Saquon? Chubb and CMC. 

Clearly the first group is far superior to the second. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Drewfus said:

I think home dude has a point with the success rate thing. 

You know who had top tier success rates last year? Latavius Murray, Jordan Howard, Gus Edwards and Kerryon Johnson. 

You know who had a success rate similar to Saquon? Chubb and CMC. 

Clearly the first group is far superior to the second. 

God knows I would love to see Latavius Murray in this NYG offense, he might go for 3,000 yards. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

In all honesty, Saquon has not been the same since Eli was benched/retired. Most of his big games last year came when Eli was starting. It just goes to show you how dependent RBs are on the offensive system. Daniel Jones really hurt Barkley's value as a fantasy RB. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, atdharris said:

In all honesty, Saquon has not been the same since Eli was benched/retired. Most of his big games last year came when Eli was starting. It just goes to show you how dependent RBs are on the offensive system. Daniel Jones really hurt Barkley's value as a fantasy RB. 

 

This is also true.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Why am I not surprised to see PisEdiRin in here claiming Barkley is overrated, just after he suffers a season ending injury and can't be proven wrong. 

Please just block him, people. He's a moron. 

how do we block the doofus? please help lol

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel bad for Barkely being on such a trash team/organization.

Heal up and look forward to 2021 sweet prince.

 

He really needs to stop fighting so hard for an extra yard. That injury reminded me of when he got the high ankle sprain last year. Just go down and regroup for the next play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2020 at 3:09 PM, RevisAteMyQB said:

Is it lazy or is it realistic? 
 

as a native NY resident, I get the honor of watching him every single week. Every snap of every game. When he gets hit, he’s full throttle, trying for more than is there, and when it’s not a loss of yards—he takes these swinging hits that always has him landing on one foot. It’s like he’s being hip tossed and trying to land on one foot. 
 

That foot buckles under the tremendous weight of them legs, and you can see why that’s a problem. 
 

in college, he ran by people or jumped over people. You CANNOT equate the wear and tear in the nfl to college. Those college carries are fluff. These nfl carries come with 3x the boom. 
 

If you were a GM, and it was time to negotiate his contract, you would not pay him 16mil a year. You’d be committing franchise suicide if you did. 
 

he’s worth pennies on the dollar from where he was as a rookie.  

 

there’s your serious take. 

See, that wasn’t that hard 🤣

While I don’t agree with everything, this is MUCH more valid than the man being made of glass.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, nn4mz said:

This may be a stupid question, so I apologize in advance:

Do coaches teach ball carriers how to fall for the purposes of minimizing damage to their bodies?

Like how coaches teach NBA players how to land after dunks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, nn4mz said:

See, that wasn’t that hard 🤣

While I don’t agree with everything, this is MUCH more valid than the man being made of glass.

I don't think he is made of glass.  My contention is that on a scale of 1-10 his football iq is around a 2. Watch the games instead of the box scores.

He can't block, he can't make anyone miss in the backfield, he jumps over people instead of lowering his shoulder and running through them which is probably why he gets hurt all the time. For someone with so much athleticism, he's a total clown show as an nfl running back.. 

Just because he is a great athelete that doesn't mean he is a great football player.  Yes, he had success in year one.  Yes he has raw talent. But he wouldn't be the first tslented guy to come into the league hot only to have a middling careeer after year one. How is david johnson doing these days?

I know you all want him to be great, but he has a loong way to go before we can call him an elite, generational talent. Dude has to learn how to take a hit first.   

And y'all need to stop being so defensive of criticism of him.  He's a football player...not a family member.  Lol

Edited by Funkenstein
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Funkenstein said:

I don't think he is made of glass.  My contention is that on a scale of 1-10 his football iq is around a 2. Watch the games instead of the box scores.

He can't block, he can't make anyone miss in the backfield, he jumps over people instead of lowering his shoulder and running through them which is probably why he gets hurt all the time. For someone with so much athleticism, he's a total clown show as an nfl running back.. 

Just because he is a great athelete that doesn't mean he is a great football player.  Yes, he had success in year one.  Yes he has raw talent. But he wouldn't be the first tslented guy to come into the league hot only to have a middling careeer after year one. How is david johnson doing these days?

I know you all want him to be great, but he has a loong way to go before we can call him an elite, generational talent. Dude has to learn how to take a hit first.   

And y'all need to stop being so defensive of criticism of him.  He's a football player...not a family member.  Lol

There is a difference between criticism and insulting someone.  

It’s just his livelihood and everything he’s ever worked for.  

There is some merit for calls to modify how he runs, but people are making him seem like he’s a scrub.

 

 

Edited by nn4mz
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Funkenstein said:

I don't think he is made of glass.  My contention is that on a scale of 1-10 his football iq is around a 2. Watch the games instead of the box scores.

He can't block, he can't make anyone miss in the backfield, he jumps over people instead of lowering his shoulder and running through them which is probably why he gets hurt all the time. For someone with so much athleticism, he's a total clown show as an nfl running back.. 

Just because he is a great athelete that doesn't mean he is a great football player.  Yes, he had success in year one.  Yes he has raw talent. But he wouldn't be the first tslented guy to come into the league hot only to have a middling careeer after year one. How is david johnson doing these days?

I know you all want him to be great, but he has a loong way to go before we can call him an elite, generational talent. Dude has to learn how to take a hit first.   

And y'all need to stop being so defensive of criticism of him.  He's a football player...not a family member.  Lol

 

Today I learned pointing out ad hominem attacks on a player is considered "so defensive". You can call Barkley a lot of things, but a "total clown show"? Because he's great at what he does, and happened to get hurt? It's also amazing to see and hear comments on here pointing out some of the most skilled people on Earth at football, are apparently not "playing it correctly" as they CLEARLY should have stuck to a defined framework of what a HB looks like lol. Never change RW, never change. This is literally the SAME logic you see over on the basketball threads where weekend warriors say "I don't know how these dudes can't hit a free throw. If I was paid X million per year, you would NOT see me miss this much since I would be practicing it like my life depends on it"... lol. 

If Barkley plays like a clown show, what does this make 90% of the other backs in the league then? Be better than this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, nine9s said:

 

I accepted that same trade, except Todd Gurley instead of Cohen, yesterday. 

I ended up declining.

 

Not to fault your decision, but I’m finding no reason not to wait, especially to determine the appropriate trade partner who will have a high pick, and to assess the value of other pieces that might be in the deal.

 

So, I’ve come full circle, and holding.

 

Now. If this goddamn team can’t get Danny Turnovers under control, and this line to improve by next year, even a fully healthy Barkley will face a steep climb to elite numbers. 
 

Someone floated round 3 in redraft next year? That sounds about right 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Soafanforlife said:

 

Today I learned pointing out ad hominem attacks on a player is considered "so defensive". You can call Barkley a lot of things, but a "total clown show"? Because he's great at what he does, and happened to get hurt? It's also amazing to see and hear comments on here pointing out some of the most skilled people on Earth at football, are apparently not "playing it correctly" as they CLEARLY should have stuck to a defined framework of what a HB looks like lol. Never change RW, never change. This is literally the SAME logic you see over on the basketball threads where weekend warriors say "I don't know how these dudes can't hit a free throw. If I was paid X million per year, you would NOT see me miss this much since I would be practicing it like my life depends on it"... lol. 

If Barkley plays like a clown show, what does this make 90% of the other backs in the league then? Be better than this. 

You be better. Get some thicker skin.

This is a dopey fantasy forum. If I want to call him a clown show I will. And that shouldn't bother you.  If it does then maybe you shouldn't come around anymore.  You are too emotionally invested in this fake football game. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

I still don’t think he’s making it out of the first round next year. 

 

Agreed. He's got basically 11.5 months until the first regular season game of 2021. I don't see anyway that he falls outside the top 12 next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...