NBC Sports Edge Forums

Saquon Barkley 2020 Outlook

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

forward it to Tiki 🤷‍♂️

(but that film from Monday don't lie).

Agreed ha, clearly wasn't good blocking from Saquon. I guess the upside is that Barkley clearly CAN block, if he decides to put the effort in.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The other 3 teams in your league are in big trouble, for sure. 

Posted Images

I know the Steelers have an amazing defensive line, but the Giants offensive line was incredibly bad on Monday, and the Bears front 7 is no pushover either. I think the Giants offensive line will be okay after a few weeks (seems like they really struggled with stunts/blitzes and miscommunications), but the next couple weeks might be pretty rough.

But what can you do? Just gotta hope this line gels sooner rather than later (or never)

2 minutes ago, Born Sinner said:

I think he’ll be fine. Seemed like a bad sprain and could be a 3-4 week absence. Barkley is a tough dude. 

I agree that it's likely an MCL sprain and 3-4 weeks is likely recovery. But if it is an ACL it doesn't matter how tough he is; his season will be over. 

Just now, dlionsfan901 said:

Honestly is it an ACL tear or MCL sprain.  I just can’t get past the thought that this is an ACL tear. 

Could be but did not look like a typical ACL tear. You'd be surprised but a sprained MCL is often more painful than an ACL tear. 

Just saw the news about Barkley. 

I don’t own him in any leagues and I’m a Giants fan but I wish the Giants soul trade him to a good team.

The Giants are awful and are years away from being good. And that’s assuming they dump Gettleman this year. 

Barclay is going to be wasted on the Giants and being the focal point of every defensive game plan with minimal help is going to get him killed. It already is. 

It was a tragedy watching Barry Sanders career wasted on the Lions, even worse seeing it play out again, with more injuries, with Barclay. 

• Like 1
Just now, FreakFries said:

Just saw the news about Barkley. 

I don’t own him in any leagues and I’m a Giants fan but I wish the Giants soul trade him to a good team.

The Giants are awful and are years away from being good. And that’s assuming they dump Gettleman this year. 

Barclay is going to be wasted on the Giants and being the focal point of every defensive game plan with minimal help is going to get him killed. It already is. 

It was a tragedy watching Barry Sanders career wasted on the Lions, even worse seeing it play out again, with more injuries, with Barclay. 

Incompetent franchise. Makes no sense drafting a great RB if you have a trash OL. 

11 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Could be but did not look like a typical ACL tear. You'd be surprised but a sprained MCL is often more painful than an ACL tear. 

Or it’s both? Has to be almost impossible to tell just from the players reaction. I don’t own him but hoping it’s not season ending, I like watching him play

Just now, owenmills said:

Or it’s both? Has to be almost impossible to tell just from the players reaction. I don’t own him but hoping it’s not season ending, I like watching him play

We've had players walk off the field with a torn ACL. Nobody knows at this point and speculating - either torn ACL or sprained MCL - you can tell who the glass half full/half empty folks are.

Just wait for news.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, owenmills said:

Well he pounded his fist when he was being carted off.  You have to imagine that the trainers told him it could be an ACL tear and he’s out for the year or something to that magnitude for him to be that angry.  

1 minute ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Well he pounded his fist when he was being carted off.  You have to imagine that the trainers told him it could be an ACL tear and he’s out for the year or something to that magnitude for him to be that angry.  

Or he's just pissed he hurt his knee...