NBC Sports Edge Forums

Van Jefferson 2020 Outlook

54 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Just thinking about this guy. Cooper hurt but may be back. Van lit up training camp. 

McVay if he were to step up as a coach needs to get more production from rookies. He red shirts all of them and I don’t think that’s a good thing. 

This isn’t true. It’s been quite a few rookies who have started or Played key roles as rookies under McVay. 

• 2 months later...

I was thinking he would be a decent late round flier next season but Woods and Kupp are still under contract until 25' and 23' respectively. Maybe he soaks up a good portion of Reynolds targets? Hard to get excited about his situation for the next year or two.

56 minutes ago, sSektor said:

I was thinking he would be a decent late round flier next season but Woods and Kupp are still under contract until 25' and 23' respectively. Maybe he soaks up a good portion of Reynolds targets? Hard to get excited about his situation for the next year or two.

Marvin Jones has tweeted vaguely about wanting to join Stafford in LA. Nothing there yet, but that arrangement would make a lot of sense, and it would kill Jefferson's theoretical value. Seems like the Rams need a deep threat to pair with Kupp and Woods. 

On 2/3/2021 at 1:45 PM, ajs723 said:

Marvin Jones has tweeted vaguely about wanting to join Stafford in LA. Nothing there yet, but that arrangement would make a lot of sense, and it would kill Jefferson's theoretical value. Seems like the Rams need a deep threat to pair with Kupp and Woods. 

would destroy Marvins fantasy value battling kupp and woods for targets along with hurting kupp and woods ceilings along with killing any value Jefferson may have had

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
40 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

would destroy Marvins fantasy value battling kupp and woods for targets along with hurting kupp and woods ceilings along with killing any value Jefferson may have had

Maybe. I'm not sure that the person it would hurt the most (other than Jefferson) wouldn't be Marvin himself. I'm pretty sure McVay will have this offense running through Kupp and Woods for the foreseeable future. If they sign a veteran WR like MJJ, he'd probably be limited to a situational deep threat role.

Edit: mostly agreeing with you, just not sure it would hurt Kupp or Woods. 

Edited by ajs723
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Maybe. I'm not sure that the person it would hurt the most (other than Jefferson) wouldn't be Marvin himself. I'm pretty sure McVay will have this offense running through Kupp and Woods for the foreseeable future. If they sign a veteran WR like MJJ, he'd probably be limited to a situational deep threat role.

Edit: mostly agreeing with you, just not sure it would hurt Kupp or Woods. 

Yeah, you are right, I think I mentioned it may hurt Woods or Kupps ceilings not necessarily their general effectiveness. Any targets MJJ would get would just be those few extra ceiling targets kupp or woods would have had but yes, it would mostly hurt MJJ and Van Jefferson the most.

• Like 1