NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chase Claypool 2020 Outlook

This is why You shouldn't watch a rookie's College highlights before Sunday kickoff games.  Video got me all Hyped up.  Is that "Megatron 2.0".  Now I don't know what to do. Seriously thinking about benching Mixon and putting Claypool in Flex.  He's way Bigger than I thought, Fast, Smooth, and has really Strong hands. 

Edited by Biig_Pressure21
misspelled
  • Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Longtime lurker and Steelers fan, but I've been watching Claypool closely since the rave reviews started coming out of camp, so I'm going to wade into this debate. I think this take is pretty reasonab

When Jimmy watches Chase catch 1 pass for -2 yards.

And the loser here is Aaron Rodgers.  I was wondering what Rodgers must be thinking, here is an historically deep and freakishly talented rookie WR class....and Green Bay drafted a backup QB and a 3rd

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Biig_Pressure21 said:

This is why You shouldn't watch a rookie's College highlights before Sunday kickoff games.  Video got me all Hyped up.  Is that "Megatron 2.0".  Now I don't know what to do. Seriously thinking about benching Mixon and putting Claypool in Flex.  He's way Bigger than I thought, Fast, Smooth, and has really Strong hands. 

woo 5 TD game today 🙌 

• Like 1

I’m starting him since Johnson is out. If he plays well he probably would be in my line up depending on match ups. I would need to bench McLaurin for him unless injuries occur. It is great that he is now at a point where you think of Claypool in such company. He looked amazing the other day. 

30 minutes ago, TheForearmShiver said:

Does anyone in dynasty have Claypool and Juju? What are we hoping for here? Juju moves on in FA next year? Is Claypool the better play ROS? Time to dump Juju while he still has strong name value?

it seems unlikely that Steelers resign Juju with the emergence of Claypool and Dionte.

I think if you dump him now you might not get as much value if he signs with another good team that is WR needy maybe Green Bay? 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

I’m starting him since Johnson is out. If he plays well he probably would be in my line up depending on match ups. I would need to bench McLaurin for him unless injuries occur. It is great that he is now at a point where you think of Claypool in such company. He looked amazing the other day. 

Same. Benching McLaurin/Moore in one league for Claypool, and Julio in another.

Think Claypool could smash this game with no Diontae.

Edited by RLDN106

Great to see him continue to produce despite a very wonky game script. The real test will be DJ's return, but the genie is out of the bottle now and the sky's the limit. This Steelers team is incredible too, so plenty of folks are going to eat going forward.

Edited by MingusDew
4 hours ago, konstao said:

yes. almost hit the pilon

Man - it looked like he was in.  If they reviewed it, I think they would have given it to him as he did stretch out and hit the pylon with the ball.

The kid looks smooth out there.  Definitely getting 2013 Josh Gordon vibes minus the mush for brains lol.

He looks like the full package IMO.

Edited by ludawg23

I don't think the return of Diontae Johnson means squat now. It might have last week but not now.

I think this 2 game stretch makes him very very difficult to take off the field. The presence of juju and johnson really only helps claypool. Big Ben will exploit the weakest matchup and claypool vs opposing teams CB3 is a nightmare for defenses and like candyland for big ben.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I don't think the return of Diontae Johnson means squat now. It might have last week but not now.

I think this 2 game stretch makes him very very difficult to take off the field. The presence of juju and johnson really only helps claypool. Big Ben will exploit the weakest matchup and claypool vs opposing teams CB3 is a nightmare for defenses and lime candyland for big ben.

Yeah 0 concern about DJ. If anything it will stop them from focusing to much attention on Claypool. Ben has always loved big WR’s. 

• Like 2