NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chase Claypool 2020 Outlook

8 minutes ago, slowride said:

This poor attitude is what gets you benched!

image.png.2a3b3a322edf79d8483225c5ed8df543.png

How is that poor attitude? Seems to be lifting up his teammates by saying their whole WR core eats and the roster is too deep. Am I missing something? 

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Longtime lurker and Steelers fan, but I've been watching Claypool closely since the rave reviews started coming out of camp, so I'm going to wade into this debate. I think this take is pretty reasonab

When Jimmy watches Chase catch 1 pass for -2 yards.

And the loser here is Aaron Rodgers.  I was wondering what Rodgers must be thinking, here is an historically deep and freakishly talented rookie WR class....and Green Bay drafted a backup QB and a 3rd

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Hops said:

How is that poor attitude? Seems to be lifting up his teammates by saying their whole WR core eats and the roster is too deep. Am I missing something? 

Yeah that is not the issue...

In my point per teammate compliment league he crushed it, ugh idk what to make of this today...totally dumbfounded

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Brettg57 said:

JuJu with 14(!!!)Targets is just laughable. Obviously that won’t happen very often and he did nothing with them. Too bad Mapletron had to suffer and watch all his targets go for 7 yard catches.

What a trash take.  All those third conversions helps them win the game.  Nobody cares about fantasy ballers chasing 4 td games 

12 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

What a trash take.  All those third conversions helps them win the game.  Nobody cares about fantasy ballers chasing 4 td games 

If you don’t chase the points then why are you even playing? 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

If you don’t chase the points then why are you even playing? 

Hey I buy into the hype trains. I got dat boy James Robinson, but anyone that looked at Steelers offense should have seen there to many mouths to field a consistent WR2, who isn’t otherworldly talented. Additionally it is super rare for WR to have a significant impact their rookie year. Last guy to do that was Odell. 

8 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

Hey I buy into the hype trains. I got dat boy James Robinson, but anyone that looked at Steelers offense should have seen there to many mouths to field a consistent WR2, who isn’t otherworldly talented. Additionally it is super rare for WR to have a significant impact their rookie year. Last guy to do that was Odell. 

Yep I got JRob as well but I just don’t get the idea of trashing someone who takes a risk in starting this guy. Some players don’t have the luxury of WR gold. I actually have both Claypool and JuJu so watching JuJu get all those catches was frustrating. But probably should have seen it comin. 

24 minutes ago, Swinger said:

Watched the game.  There was safety help all day over Claypool.  Ben made all the right throws to open receivers.  

This is the correct take. According to the announcers, the defense was giving Claypool the #1 WR treatment all day and the Titans were selling out to make sure he wasn’t busting any plays on them. Roethlisberger correctly threw to his other really good receivers instead of forcing it to Claypool. The “pass” that he did get was one of those jet sweeps where they pitch it forward so it’s a pass. Clowney was on him almost immediately and caught his arm right after he secured it to pop it loose. Claypool still made a heck of a play to recover it and almost get it back to scrimmage.

The Steelers could almost do no wrong in the first half and they didn’t need to force the ball to him when things were working with the other receivers. He had another target that was negated with an offensive penalty. I missed portions of the second half, but they were protecting the lead and they alternately could almost do nothing right. It wasn’t pretty and to some degree they deserved a loss, but Gotskowski said hold my beer.

I would think that week to week will depend on what receiver defenses game plan around. Even first and second round studs put up duds so let’s see what next week brings. Teams aren’t going to stand by idly while Diontae Johnson and Juju pick them apart every week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

People who understand football aren't tripping too much about this day from Claypool. The Tennessee defense basically gave Pittsburgh all the underneath stuff to dj and juju in order to prevent Claypool from taking the top off with a deep td. He had two high safeties all day. That's called respect. Defenses don't do that for scrubs. Teams will watch the tape and understand that if they do this Ben will torch them all day with short and intermediate stuff. Claypool will eat next week. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Hacksawjimduggan said:

Diontae back and all the sudden there are too many mouths to feed. Who would have thought?

Diontae and juju got 30 targets between the two of them. There's more than enough for everyone in this offense. 

9 hours ago, Hacksawjimduggan said:

Diontae back and all the sudden there are too many mouths to feed. Who would have thought?

Ben was hitting the open guys when Tennessee took away Claypool.  If anything this proves that Claypool is now viewed as the alpha of the Pittsburgh WR room.  You should have read the posts right above from @TsR1823 and @Swinger before posting.

Will be interesting to see what the snap count was.  Anyone watch the game and could tell if he had a full compliment of snaps?

Next week, they go up against a very good secondary so tough test for this offense.

The Steelers are more than fine to beat you with their other weapons if a team wants to focus on any one particular guy.